Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
b85.jpg

542dc67c382c61ed7d3a8b25d4b1efef.jpeg

At least the smile is correct....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Funny thing, as I said before they changed the makeup several times, and his eye were not all that yellow for some scenes. Oddly enough the scene we all remember best is the one where he reveals the plot....and they lit him very special for that scene to bring out the eyes.....and they also screwed up, which created the infamous “slugs”

e2ad4539d5a599c5115f18361780169b.png

f5e88590b3baf5b5c00fb0fba55ec265.jpeg

457cb0e50b4ad311efa9667a8666c499.png

Is there an official explanation for the slug? I always wondered about that as a kid, but have never read or heard what happened. Through the whole "Making of" book, it never mentions what happened.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Is there an official explanation for the slug? I always wondered about that as a kid, but have never read or heard what happened. Through the whole "Making of" book, it never mentions what happened.

From my understanding he was light to bring out his eyes/face, but in doing so obvious light was also cast in the recesses of the hood- making the effect look odd. So they simply rotocast some dark smudges to frame his fave and hide the extra light.

After watching the videos on YouTube...this really is a nice looking figure.

I’m debating now whether to upgrade to the deluxe. The Emperor would stand out sitting on his throne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my understanding he was light to bring out his eyes/face, but in doing so obvious light was also cast in the recesses of the hood- making the effect look odd. So they simply rotocast some dark smudges to frame his fave and hide the extra light.
Thanks, that makes sense. I would have thought Lucas would have reshot that scene to fix it, but I know he was dealing with personal problems at the time.

For FastStreets, since you have the figure. Are the grayish tone of JingoBell's shots reflective of the Emperor's skin tone in hand? Or is it more white pasty like we've seen in all the other shots so far?

Funny thing, as I said before they changed the makeup several times, and his eye were not all that yellow for some scenes. Oddly enough the scene we all remember best is the one where he reveals the plot....and they lit him very special for that scene to bring out the eyes.....and they also screwed up, which created the infamous “slugs”

e2ad4539d5a599c5115f18361780169b.png

f5e88590b3baf5b5c00fb0fba55ec265.jpeg

457cb0e50b4ad311efa9667a8666c499.png

Agreed. What the figure has seems like a reasonable compromise to me.

As I always said, force lightning looks dumb on a 1/6 figure. The rest looks great though.

I was hoping to be able to use those, but yeah without the photoshopped effects of the proto pics they just don't look that great at all. And they'll probably go straight into my parts bin alongside the Ghostbusters proton beam and Spideys webs.

Back