Hot Toys--TDK-1/6th The JOKER (Bank Robber version) full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, but unfortunately, the trend with Hot Toys seems to be to only make what'll likely sell very well. Not sure how big a market there is for Gordon, I'd like him, but HT tends to stick with money makers. Joker variants, Bruce Wayne and Two-Face are likely the only other figures we'll see. I'd love to see other, but taking an overview of how HT does things, that's my prediction.

Very true but at the same time it wouldn't be too hard from a business standpoint to understand such a decision. If I were Hot Toys i'd do the same.

Very true but at the same time it wouldn't be too hard from a business standpoint to understand such a decision. If I were Hot Toys i'd do the same.

True, but as successful as Hot Toys is, they could afford to be ballsy for the sake of giving the hardcore fan base what it wants. Look at Sideshow, they have the balls to make Plo Koons and Prajis and Rebel Troopers, figures that the huge fan base isn't necessarily interested in, but that hardcores appreciate and enjoy. HT never takes leaps like that, and it's a significant flaw about them because it often leaves lines feeling incomplete. No Bishop for Aliens, no Barbossa for Pirates, no Mickey for Rocky. HT provides some great figures but at times they can really drop the ball in giving fans a real collection of figures based on a property.

The TDK license has quantity, but not variety; 2 Batmans, 2 Jokers, 2 vehicles. Ammounts to a lot, but lacks in substance, but my gut's telling me that's likely how it's going to be, which is a shame, there's plenty of good characters to do, especially pursuing a license back to Begins and touch on Ra's and other figures based on that movie.

I'm sure they have ref. photos to do nice and exact head sculpt from that scene if they want to. :D

Oh I'm sure they can make a great head for it, just saying that particular photo you mentioned is only of value from a hardcore fan perspective, but it's crude and not good for merchandisers.

The TDK license has quantity, but not variety; 2 Batmans, 2 Jokers, 2 vehicles. Ammounts to a lot, but lacks in substance, but my gut's telling me that's likely how it's going to be, which is a shame, there's plenty of good characters to do, especially pursuing a license back to Begins and touch on Ra's and other figures based on that movie.

Yeah I was expecting alittle more variety. Ninja Bruce, Ra's Al Ghul, Jim Gordon, L.O.S. Ninja ... there is some possibilities beyond just GPD Joker, Nurse Joker, etc. Hell an Alfred with molded Bat suit in that unfolding cage contraption from TDK would be pretty cool too

Oh I'm sure they can make a great head for it, just saying that particular photo you mentioned is only of value from a hardcore fan perspective, but it's crude and not good for merchandisers.

BTW, you said you knew what reference photos HT used for their terrible v1 head sculpt. What did they use?

Never going to happen though, love to be proved wrong, but at the moment, HT demonstrates a clinging to the security blanket of guaranteed cash, no willing to take a gamble. When they started, I could understand, there's risks, but their product is hot now, time to let go of the binky and just do something out of the mainstream.

BTW, you said you knew what reference photos HT used for their terrible v1 head sculpt. What did they use?

Images like this, even specifically some, I'm 90% sure I saw the right picture of the top set in one of the photos.

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

Interestingly, I was thinking earlier about how even the posing and all of these images really feels more like a clown Joker and don't really reflect the portrayal of Joker in the film.

Last edited:
BTW MaulFan, you excited to switch that head on the v1 Joker with that incredible shrunken Heath Ledger corpse head? Because thats how damn accurate it is ... haha

Images like this, even specifically some, I'm 90% sure I saw the right picture of the top set in one of the photos.

mURI_temp_631ff699.jpg

mURI_temp_632433cb.jpg

Interestingly, I was thinking earlier about how even the posing and all of these images really feels more like a clown Joker and don't really reflect the portrayal of Joker in the film.

Those are red x's bro ... hehe

I'm mildly excited. I love the quality of the v2 head, but for my collecting purposes, I have some issues. For fun photographs and such, the v1 head is great as far as the diabolical expression, if they did a new head with that emotion but v2 likeness quality, that'd be awesome as hell. As it is, I love the accurracy of the v2 head, but the eyes being painted permanently looking out the corners as they are is a frustration for me. Part of my collecting these figures is because of the photographic and artistic fun I have with them, and doing something like painting eyes like that is a limitation to what I can do with the piece, so until I get the eyes repainted to look straight, if HT doesn't change that before production, I will not be too happy with the v2 head.

Joker for me is about variety of makeup looks and facial expression, so there is no ONE head for me, I'll use the v1 head, the v2, Les' custom head I'm getting, variety is nice.

I thought the eyes the way they're painted gave the figure life. Looks like he's actually "scheming" ... and not th generic look forward. And the beautiful thing about it, much the way Ledger actually is in the film, it looks different at different angles. While still being totally life like the entire time. Find a sawed off shotgun for your figure? That's all he needs now ...

It does give him life, my problem is, it limits the angles and poses you can do with him because they're directed. I can't pose him shooting a gun with his right hand pointing out to the right side of his body because his eyes are looking elsewhere. It's much like the Cannibal Jack Sparrow figure, I appreciate the realism of the cannibal head and paint job, but for photographs and such, it sucks. I critique figures differently than most because I'm not just displaying them, I'm using them in my artwork and the less possibilities a piece gives me, the less excited about it I get, no matter how well it's done, I'm paying me $150 a piece, give or take, happily because I'm getting a cool item and a lot of fun and opportunity in being able to use it in creative works I'm very passionate about.

Do you have a link to a collective site for all your pictures?

Not a site, but all my personal favorite stuff is in my thread.

MaulFan's Collectibles Photos

From the home here, under the Galleries section at the bottom of the links list, there's a section called Art Show, check it out, other photographers, digital artits, etc. post there stuff in there.

Too much Star Wars for my taste, but your Aliens, Predator, and Batman stuff are excellent. I think your TDK Joker pictures will be improved greatly with a more accurate figure. Think that is the only thing holding your Joker pics back.

I’m sure I saw a Ledger close-up Joker photo without the paint just the scars, but I can’t find it. Someone have it?

It’s been perfect to show Ledger as the Joker without his make-up. I would have bought it instantly if Yulli had done the head sculpt. :joy

:D

pic0100.jpg

Back