Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The entire shape of the opening is different with the Begins suit, so it'd take a lot of work, but, hopefully, you won't have to.

I'm a Batman and Nolan fan, but I don't get how and why DX12 became FOTY in some polls. A figure that requires a lot of modding to satisfy even the casual collector doesn't make FOTY, IMO. Heck, it even got "best accessories for a 1/6 figure" in some polls, against DX07 that has the amazing weathervane accessory.

I agree it shouldnt have got FOTY. being a huge Batman fan especially the Nolan trilogy the DX12 has been the figure i have been buzzing about most, I still am. but having recently got the DX07, it just blew me away. Amazing value, great accessories, great sculpts, hardly anything has to be done to the stock figs to make them look great. This is my opinion ofcourse, some people may not agree.

As for this 1/4 I am still on the fence about him, waiting on in hand pics first..

I agree it shouldnt have got FOTY. being a huge Batman fan especially the Nolan trilogy the DX12 has been the figure i have been buzzing about most, I still am. but having recently got the DX07, it just blew me away. Amazing value, great accessories, great sculpts, hardly anything has to be done to the stock figs to make them look great. This is my opinion ofcourse, some people may not agree.

As for this 1/4 I am still on the fence about him, waiting on in hand pics first..

Yeah, I got my DX07 for only $5 more than my DX12 thanks to a seller who had to sell his MISB so he could get his Iron Monger. And yes, I just took it outta the box, displayed 'em, done. The sleeves though short can be futzed, and BD jacket can be weathered more depending on the collector's tastes, but that's it.

Anyway, I PO'd QS001 the day it went up for PO at a local dealer. Paid the lowest NRD possible so it won't hurt should I cancel if in-hand/final product pictures show no improvements from the proto. That's the bad of PO period lasting for only a month here in our country (SSC also doesn't ship here, and other stores like BBTS declare full value that would kill us in customs). You have to take chances so you won't regret missing the PO price in case the figure turns out great (I experienced this with Bane).

I gotta say, what made me PO this was the 3 symbolic villain masks. Crazy, I know, but I think getting them through Ebay once parted out might cost me at least 30% of the figure's total cost.

If we have to get into the same mod-frenzy that the DX12 had, then I'd say this would be Hot Toys greatest fail to date...

If Hottoys won't make anything at all to improve the figure (faceplates, Wayne head, cowl...) they don't respect customers and consider us standard customers...:lecture

Enterbay set a new standard for 1/4th scale with their incredibly life-like Batman cowl/headsculpt. For me to fork out 500 bucks or more (the price we europeans will pay) on this figure it needs to meet or exceed the likeness of the Enterbay figure.

Enterbay set a new standard for 1/4th scale with their incredibly life-like Batman cowl/headsculpt. For me to fork out 500 bucks or more (the price we europeans will pay) on this figure it needs to meet or exceed the likeness of the Enterbay figure.

Yes precisely. Without sounding like most of the drama queens in the DC section I can't think of a more significant moment in HT's history to really prove themselves. Make or break. Cuz EB's Batman won't be beat imo.

Yes precisely. Without sounding like most of the drama queens in the DC section I can't think of a more significant moment in HT's history to really prove themselves. Make or break. Cuz EB's Batman won't be beat imo.

Αs Gandalf says...it remains to be seen!:impatient:

I think the Enterbays face and cowl is spot on. But I love the DKR suit the best so I preordered this a few weeks ago. The accessories for this are pretty sweet too so... The proportions on the EB body looks off to me. Like he has a case of "man boy" syndrome or something... His head seems a bit large to me. The HT body seems more spot on (aside from slightly thick upper legs)... There really hasn't been many pics leaked of this figure so it's a wait and see game.... Man, I wish it was May already lol...

Last edited:
This 1/4 scale TKDR batman is still not impressing me again. I still have it on Pre-ordered for now, but lately the newest picture is not doing it for me at this point.

Well, EB used a variation of HT's patented interchangeable faces, so, if they can't beat 'em, use 'em.:lol

:rotfl They can patent interchangeable faces if they want but they can't patent Scuderia's sculpting prowess (though they could always pirate him, but I'd rather he stay with Bill and continue doing kick-*** 1/4s, I'd love to see him do Robocop!)

It's good though that EB gave us 3 heads with different eye directions instead of giving us PERS that might have just messed up with the figure's realism.

As for its proportions, I look at my EB Bats everyday, and it looks fine to me. I guess some pics of it on here sans the cape make the head appear too big due to the Begins cowl having the "panther neck".

With QS001, my main proportion concern is the monkey arms. And the chest armor on its proto seems much worse than the DX 12, the bat-emblem looks too small the diagonal lines on the lower pecs look farther than it is on the DX12.

I'm guessing that the EB faceplate has more "exposed skin" on the sides, particularly the lower cheeks. If so, I think it would be an easier mod to make it fit on the QS001. I think I could do trimming better than adding flesh to the sculpt.

Yeah, the arms definitely need better proportions. Personally, I feel that they should've just upscaled the TrueType body. Chest armor should be fixed, too, but there is no doubt in my mind that the bat symbol will be fixed. Those faces, though, man. Those faces... "The horror, the horror..."That's my biggest issue. The faces, the PERS, the cowl, and the Wayne likeness. So, you've got the EB 1/4? Any chance you could take some pics of the mouths in this exact position?

PD1343618047bGO.jpg

Devil was going to make some photoshops of the QS with the squint and the EB mouths at one point, but he couldn't find any good pics. I want to renew the campaign for HT to fix this guy!

So, you've got the EB 1/4? Any chance you could take some pics of the mouths in this exact position?

Hey Batfan, sorry I'm away right now and this is the only photo of my EB Bats that I have here in my laptop. I know it's NOT the same angle but I guess we can tell that EB's face plate is wider judging the space between the creases on the side of Bale's mouth and the edge of the cowl, though we can't guess from here which one is longer in height, as my shot on EB is looking down.

Okay, I found a better photo of EB Bats from Maglor's thread, and I hope he won't mind me using it for this. My apologies, Maglor.:peace

I know my re-size is still inaccurate (I think EB's photo is larger), but just for reference we could have an idea.

Man, EB's sculpt is so amazing.

Back