Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Karnis, those are some awesome shots, and in no way reflect the figure as it comes from the factory. To get to your depicted level of "masterpiece," the EB has to have both the cape clip magnets and the belt modded.

Once I have the HT in hand, I'll post side-by-side shots of both as they came from the facory. I'm far from convinced that HT will be the winner, but I am more than a little underwhelmed by the EB, having just cracked mine open last night.

The EB Joker, on the other hand is a home run, if not a masterpiece.

I've never had any issue with my cape clips... I did have to mod my belt slightly.. but that's it. I think the EB Bats is a A++ figure.

Perhaps my expectations were too high. The EB just doesn't have the "wow factor" I was hoping for. My expectations will be equally high for the HT.

Karnis, those are some awesome shots, and in no way reflect the figure as it comes from the factory. To get to your depicted level of "masterpiece," the EB has to have both the cape clip magnets and the belt modded.

Once I have the HT in hand, I'll post side-by-side shots of both as they came from the facory. I'm far from convinced that HT will be the winner, but I am more than a little underwhelmed by the EB, having just cracked mine open last night.

The EB Joker, on the other hand is a home run, if not a masterpiece.

I think its the other way around for me and most ppl here.

I think its the other way around for me and most ppl here.

Yep.

For sure, HT's 1/4 Batman would look better straight out of the box compared to EB's 1/4 Bats. Heck, even the box would possibly look more elegant too (though I love the styro Batman emblem from the EB packaging, it's a great detail on my studio wall).

The problem with EB's (QC problems aside such as asymmetrical legs, sticky paint, etc), as we all know by now, is that the magnets have to be adjusted, and so does the belt, to make the figure look sharper. Maybe add some shine on the gauntlets, and cut off the pads from under the tummy (which I did). But what's good is that these mods are MOSTLY reversible, simple, and some even optional.

QS001, should HT's hubris kick in and change nothing from the protos, would have problems that might require heavy customization including faceplates, and adding "skin/eyelids" to the eyes to make it smaller. And some might just as well be BEYOND modding too, like the monkey arms. It's not like we already have plenty of 1/4 bodies in the market to replace it with. And oh, how can you make that bat-emblem bigger?

He just looks weird proportion wise, for me. Huge shoulders, long arms, his neck looks too far back on his shoulders. It actually puts me in mind of the very first hot toys TDKR batman in the upper body area.

I... have to agree (and I really like the DX12), but he looks very "hero-icised" here.

Most figures discussed around here require some level of modification to achieve our level of satisfaction. Dropping the belt & moving the cape clips on the EB are relatively minor compared to all the mods done to the DX12. Since this thing looks to be a straight upsizing of that figure, it's fair to at least be prepared for the same need for mods on it.

So IMHO based on the evidence so far, the EB probably will be a much better out-of-box figure than the HT. We'll see. EB has certainly set the bar high...let's see if HT is up to the challenge. To be honest, I don't think they will be. Given the difference in price point between the two, the HT better be darn near perfect out of the box (hell, at that price it should jump out of the box & set itself up).

I think you hit the nail on the head in your post. This seems like a straight upscale of the DX12, no one wants that. We want stand alone, blow your mind quality in 1/4 scale, we want something that COULD'NT be produced in 1/6?

I would imagine the box/packaging etc is going to be beautiful, lets hope that the EB release has pushed them to change it completely from the proto.

I would imagine the box/packaging etc is going to be beautiful, lets hope that the EB release has pushed them to change it completely from the proto.

...and given HT track record of late, I would expect we're going to get exactly what we've seen in the most recent photos.

I'm waiting for in hand photos to make my final decision, as I'm sure many of us are. If it doesn't meet the standards set by the EB it will be an instant cancellation for me. If it has the loafers like the DX12 it will be an instant cancellation. No reason to resort to that on a figure of this scale.

Good posts guys. Really hope HT brings their best with this being their first 1/4. If not hopefully EB does the 2nd suit! I really want more posing options and the 1st suit isn't that great for that.

The last few Hot Toys releases have showed not to take the prototype shots as the final product :lecture

I'm not talking about prototype shots, I'm talking about the photos recently released on display. Now, you can debate whether or not these are protos or not, but the last several figures on display & photographed have been pretty much what has been released. :lecture

I'm not talking about prototype shots, I'm talking about the photos recently released on display. Now, you can debate whether or not these are protos or not, but the last several figures on display & photographed have been pretty much what has been released. :lecture

Wrong :lecture

I think you hit the nail on the head in your post. This seems like a straight upscale of the DX12, no one wants that. We want stand alone, blow your mind quality in 1/4 scale, we want something that COULD'NT be produced in 1/6?

:lecture:goodpost::exactly:

Back