Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure is gonna be make or break with a lot of HT fans.
Now that we have all cut up our Dx12's to make them better it's pretty shocking to look at the pics of this that we have seen so far... It has a lot of the issues of the 1/6th and a few of it's own as well. It actually looks worse than the DX12 IMO.
one of 2 things gonna happen:

1: HT unveil a radically new and improved version (the wise thing to do).
2: HT lose a huge rung on the collectible ladder and are made a laughing stock after EB's 1/4 release.

....I'm VERY excited to see what happens with this release.
:winkpumpk

Yeah, I'm incredibly scared in regards to this one. There really aren't any excuses; the faces on this thing look worse than DX 02's.

I really hope so. I wouldn't be so critical if I thought that they couldn't do it, but HT has delivered fantastic stuff time and time again, and, if, after this many tries, and even at a bigger scale, they still haven't gotten it right; there's something wrong with this picture.

I mean, look at the accessories for Pete's sake. There is literally everything in here that a TDK fan could possibly want. I have no doubts that they'll fix the Batsymbol (as they did with the DX 12), but, if they can get these heads fixed (and maybe even the backs of the cowls), along with some minor stuff like the proportions and shoulder pads, this thing could kick even the EB's ***. The Wayne sculpt needs a bit of work, too.

They wont bother doing any changes, because they know this will nevertheless sold out at the end of the day. They know that we are willing to go the extra mile and spend 100-200$ more on custom heads and faceplates :lol

They wont bother doing any changes, because they know this will nevertheless sold out at the end of the day. They know that we are willing to go the extra mile and spend 100-200$ more on custom heads and faceplates :lol

tumblr_lxxt8jYWDs1r76lino1_500.gif

Fix the damn faceplates. I don't give a **** if his shoulder pads are 0.3534523 centimeter off.

That's only part of the problem. This fellas got pop-eyes to the extreme.

very true. Fix the head(s) and eyes, and I could probably live with the rest. Overall this is a great package but almost $500 is not easy to swallow when you're not 100% satisfied with what you see

There's a lot of truth to this. I really believe so. Not saying they won't improve it just saying they know what hold they have over this market.

people sent the wrong message to Hot Toys. People bought the DX12 I think most than any other figure in the past... So what's the motivation for Hot Toys to improve their selfs if they are selling better than ever?

Whatever, I can live the prototype shown but hope they make some improvemts or that maybe it will look not as bad once in hand. I would think a 1/4 scale head is easier to modify anyway since its bigger so....

people sent the wrong message to Hot Toys. People bought the DX12 I think most than any other figure in the past... So what's the motivation for Hot Toys to improve their selfs if they are selling better than ever?

I know, and then they all vote it "figure of the year" in these polls?:slap Seriously, even if you are a hardcore Nolan fan, that is NOT figure of the year material, and you shouldn't let your own bias cloud that fact. In the end, the unrelenting acceptance only serves to ensure that your favorite franchise gets a half-assed representation.

I know, and then they all vote it "figure of the year" in these polls?:slap Seriously, even if you are a hardcore Nolan fan, that is NOT figure of the year material, and you shouldn't let your own bias cloud that fact. In the end, the unrelenting acceptance only serves to ensure that your favorite franchise gets a half-assed representation.

I'm a Batman and Nolan fan, but I don't get how and why DX12 became FOTY in some polls. A figure that requires a lot of modding to satisfy even the casual collector doesn't make FOTY, IMO. Heck, it even got "best accessories for a 1/6 figure" in some polls, against DX07 that has the amazing weathervane accessory.

Back