Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered from Sideshow.

Took me a while to get my head around spending that much on one figure. Plus I do worry that the cowl shape is gonna bug the **** out of me...

But Hot Toys makes Star Wars figures, is that under the SS license agreement somehow?

Also, how do you know all this? What is your source?

Yes. As was The Godfather and the first few Terminator 2 figures.

Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys are proud to present the Star Wars : Luke Skywalker (Bespin Outfit) Sixth Scale Collectible Figure. The movie-accurate collectible features two collectible figures per set, highlighting newly developed head sculpts with movable eyes, two figure bodies, two costume styles and highly detailed weapons, accessories and a light-up Weathervane figure base.

If you look at the specs for Godfather and the first T2 T-800 and T-1000, you will see Licensed and distributed by Sideshow Collectibles, Manufactured and produced by Hot Toys Ltd

Ok, sorry for taking so much space talking about this. Back to the QS-001 !! Promise, next post from me, will be about this figure, and anymore discussions about how i'm talkin outta my *** will be in private messages.

What changes are you guys seeing on this prototype shown at SDCC? Looks exactly the same to me as the one in the promo shots and from the older toy fairs.. but with different lightning that's all. Or am I missing something here?

You're missing a lot.

To name a couple things: the torso is a different shape (less tapered), and more importantly, the face plates are completely different.

You're missing a lot.

To name a couple things: the torso is a different shape (less tapered), and more importantly, the face plates are completely different.

I see the new face plates, but that's it. :dunno

Last edited:
Yeah, shoulder pads have the right shape finally.

The arms don't look so skinny anymore either.

What changes are you guys seeing on this prototype shown at SDCC? Looks exactly the same to me as the one in the promo shots and from the older toy fairs.. but with different lightning that's all. Or am I missing something here?

I refuse to believe the cowl hasn't been improved (even if just SLIGHTLY) along with the eyes. The lighting is different but theres a clear juxtaposition between the prototype and the current figure.

951_batman.jpg

tumblr_mq4gyqfSzf1snogyzo1_500.jpg

My main issues were always with the cowl, not so much with the shape but with how unrealistic and "toyish" it looked. To me, it seems that the better lightning it had on display at the SDCC improved the overall look of the figure and made it look more realistic, plus the addition of new mouth pieces. But in other pictures of it, with flash for an example.. it looks horrible. From one picture I saw taken from the side, it looks like his mouth is sticking out too much.

About the shoulder pads, can someone show exactly what was changed? Or were they just re-sized? To me it looks like the shoulder pads are two movable pieces and depending on how you pose it, it can look inaccurate/accurate.

I refuse to believe the cowl hasn't been improved (even if just SLIGHTLY) along with the eyes. The lighting is different but theres a clear juxtaposition between the prototype and the current figure.

951_batman.jpg

tumblr_mq4gyqfSzf1snogyzo1_500.jpg

Different lightning, different angle.. I'm trying to find the changes made to the cowl but I can't find them.

My main issues were always with the cowl, not so much with the shape but with how unrealistic and "toyish" it looked. To me, it seems that the better lightning it had on display at the SDCC improved the overall look of the figure and made it look more realistic, plus the addition of new mouth pieces. But in other pictures of it, with flash for an example.. it looks horrible. From one picture I saw taken from the side, it looks like his mouth is sticking out too much.

About the shoulder pads, can someone show exactly what was changed? Or were they just re-sized? To me it looks like the shoulder pads are two movable pieces and depending on how you pose it, it can look inaccurate/accurate.

Shoulder pads were a bit too large and wide. Now theyr fitted to the shoulders close how they were in the movie. As the big man himself states "Im not wearing hockey pads" which is what they looked like on the proto.

The nose looks completely different for one. The mouth places can't be the sole reason the head on this looks so different. It is a different cowl.

Shoulder pads were a bit too large and wide. Now theyr fitted to the shoulders close how they were in the movie. As the big man himself states "Im not wearing hockey pads" which is what they looked like on the proto.

So they re-sized them or as I said.. the shoulder pads are two pieces that they perhaps posed better?

In this photo, it looks like a case of bad posing.. see that they are two pieces? Not properly pushed together..

7921742914_ad7cba5db4_h.jpg

In this picture however, the shoulder pads are posed better and closer to the shoulders:

PD1345436375CYl.jpg

The nose looks completely different for one. The mouth places can't be the sole reason the head on this looks so different. It is a different cowl.

Yes, it does look different. But I hope you're not referring to the two pictures posted above by M0NSTER where one nose is pointing more down over the face as opposed to the older picture. Those are pictures taken from different angles.

To me, it looks like they added nostrils to the nose. Is that what they are called? Not the holes but the round thingies that surrounds the holes. But taking a closer look at the prototype pictures, they are there too.

PD13454364278G8.jpg

It seems like the supposed changes made are very hard to spot.. as I see it now it's just a case of the figure being in a favorable lightning condition at SDCC than compared to older pictures of it. I hope I'm wrong though as it looks much better.

Last edited:
It's clearly a different head/cowl the nostrils alone confirm that, let alone the look of it not looking like Bruce has been at the pies for his 8 year hiatus. (Different body too)

Back