Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EB & HTs both have a lot of inaccuracies. Neither are really that great if your looking for accuracy, but atleast HTs has some time to maybe fix a few things, where as EB's is done and it is what it is.

The EB Bat is the best ever done at any scale, so that's all that needs to be said. Until HT can make it into the discussion at this scale, they won't be getting my money. Like I said, HT has work to do if they want to beat EB, especially at their ridiculous prices.

As well as the shape, mouth opening and other inaccuracies, the sandpaper texture has to go. It's not on the real cowl and it shouldn't be there on a collectible at this price point. There is nowhere to hide at this scale.

I know I'll get killed by some for saying this, but that picture alone shows there is no way this figure should cost almost $500. If they're going to charge that kind of money it should be PERFECT.

As with the EB 1/4, I'm prepared to overlook the inaccuracies for the sheer awesomeness of everything else. I think both will look stunning when displayed together!

People were complaining about the Avengers Thor sculpt, and hot toys tweaked it in later promo shots. I'm hoping this will be done with Batman later since fans have been complaining about it on their FB page

As well as the shape, mouth opening and other inaccuracies, the sandpaper texture has to go. It's not on the real cowl and it shouldn't be there on a collectible at this price point. There is nowhere to hide at this scale.

Just looking at that screen shot really shows me how right Medicom got it. Of all ____ing companies. Medicom.

WOW, outrages price!. Guess that's what we get for buying there figures and making there company grow. They could careless about collectors, there just money hungry now.

You got the point,
with the global economical crisis they think they can keep their turnover by milking harder the less cows they will have.....
.... until the cows will die.
milking_cow_6.gif

I must admit I'm going off the cowl sculpt, for me it's probably one of the worst HT have ever done. And I'm not one for complaining. The eyes and the mouth are so off IMO.

That said this is still very much a want as its the 1:4 figure I've always wanted!

I can see why they are charging so much though I suppose,with the sonar head and EMP gun light up features.

wow. ouch for HT collectors on the price...that's more than 1/4 scale statues

:exactly: I knew I was priced out of the 1/4 market as soon as they announced they were doing it. Only a 1/4 IM would be close to tempting. Other than that, I think I'm good with 1/6.

I completely agree! I don't think anyone who even slightly partakes in this hobby is anywhere near poor, maybe getting broke from it, but not poor to start off. You obviously must have alot of extra income to partake in the hobby. Its about whether you feel an action figure is worth $500 or not. And imo no action figure in any brand is worth anywhere near that amount.

:goodpost::exactly:

:lecture

I know I'll get killed by some for saying this, but that picture alone shows there is no way this figure should cost almost $500. If they're going to charge that kind of money it should be PERFECT.

Those that will 'kill' you for saying this should've gone to specsavers :lol

Just looking at that screen shot really shows me how right Medicom got it. Of all ____ing companies. Medicom.

Still the one to beat. By a long shot.

NRD only bothers me because it takes away my ability to be fickle with my orders. Yeah, technically, $40 today is worth more than it will be worth in a year I guess, but that doesn't bug me. And as long as I know for sure I'm buying something I don't really care about them taking a percentage up front. But I recently started thinking about canceling the HT Ex. Luke Skywalker because I'm not as enthused now as I was when I ordered, but am balking because they already took $30 from me that I won't get back.

The NRD is a mind trick tool cleverly employed by the retailer. Well done AE, BBTS, SS. Well done

Back