Hot Toys Terminator 2 1:6 T-800

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in some cases probably.

But I have a feeling that the DX sparrow would probably be kojun's instead of yulli's despite of her previous POTC work.

Damn, I have a feeling that 2010 would be an awesome year with this figure as a starter.

Happy new year everyone!!!

But I have a feeling that the DX sparrow would probably be kojun's instead of yulli's despite of her previous POTC work.

Well that I'd be fine with, I don't think Yulli nailed Jack, the cannibal head was like lightning in a bottle or something, it's great, but the smirk head is iffy and the first Jack iffier. Kojun's definitely the better choice for future Jack's, especially because he's proven to get the Jack smirk where Yulli got a full smile thing going. I don't think any sculptor can do any head, they all have their highs and lows. Yulli can do Arnold, Stallone or Ledger all day in my book, but I wouldn't pass her the ball for Depp or Bale.

Well that I'd be fine with, I don't think Yulli nailed Jack, the cannibal head was like lightning in a bottle or something, it's great, but the smirk head is iffy and the first Jack iffier. Kojun's definitely the better choice for future Jack's, especially because he's proven to get the Jack smirk where Yulli got a full smile thing going. I don't think any sculptor can do any head, they all have their highs and lows. Yulli can do Arnold, Stallone or Ledger all day in my book, but I wouldn't pass her the ball for Depp or Bale.

She just did it, with the DX. Even though its just the mouth piece:lol

I dont think her stallone sculpt is any good though, back then even with the last rambo 3. Also I think if she were to do another sparrow now, shed do a much better job. Especially with those human skin tech etc that they have at HT right now.

ap_20100101014017134.jpg

Now that looks like Arnie. Def a must have.

I just stopped breathing for about 30 seconds.

hmm come to think about it the red on the glasses look more like a reflection than coming from behind the glasses so it could still be an untouched picture but still not part of the figure :p
Also another argument regarding the one eyed light, Marcus also only has one of it's eyes painted with a red dot

I know, this figure is freaky real, I'd swear the way I cropped Tommy's shot for my avatar it looks like an Arnold photo, not the figure. Tommy's photography is good for that. HT's official product photos are nice, but the lighting or something doesn't totally convey that real person quality tommy captures in his work. HT's photos look like nice products, Tommy's look like little people.

I still believe this release will include the alternate Governor Schwarzenegger :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

It must have driven Arnie nuts doing Terminator and not being able to smoke a cigar in character :lol

Is it me... or does it look like the neck and head are one piece now?

It could be just the angle of the shot though....

Looks like 2 pieces still to me, if it were one the hard edge between his jawline and the neck would be softened out and smooth from one into the other, but there's a harsh end to his jaw and start to his neck. I do think it's a nicer, more appropriate neck, I just hope it's not a muscle neck so we won't have to deal with Dutch-neck syndrome again.

Looks like 2 pieces still to me, if it were one the hard edge between his jawline and the neck would be softened out and smooth from one into the other, but there's a harsh end to his jaw and start to his neck. I do think it's a nicer, more appropriate neck, I just hope it's not a muscle neck so we won't have to deal with Dutch-neck syndrome again.

Looks like a wee bit of photoshopping there, check the neck by the hairline at the back. Seems softer, blurred.

ap_20100101014017134.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back