Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises: Bat-Pod Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, it's a new design. It's just a big plastic thing that goes under his cape. Looks inferior to the original cape and wire construction for the MMS 71 TDK Batman. With this one, you can see it under the cape and it doesn't give it a nice flowing look (see instructions).

batcape.jpg

156507_400269040046085_98300818_n.jpg

486972_400269240046065_1862776069_n.jpg

This was the original contraption,

dscn1946pd1.jpg

cape+assist.jpg

cape.jpg

htbatpod9.jpg

review_gstbatpod_8.jpg

review_gstbatpod_9.jpg

I don't see why they changed it.

Changed it because it was probably cheaper to do it this way. I'm disappointed, but I mostly got it for catwoman

Wow I see, I really thought that plastic thing would just be a place holder or something for the wire contraption. What a bizarre change. Seems like the original wire thing would be much better. Oh well, I probably wouldn't really use it anyway. Will most likely either pose bats next to it or stood over it with the emp gun like the scene in the film.

Yeah, I'm sort of disappointed too. What a cop out. I'm buying this Batpod specifically for the DX 12 Batman.

Makes me wish I didn't pass on the original TDK 71 Batman and the original TDK Batpod (the only two TDK collectibles I passed on). The way the cape worked looked really cool.

There's no reason for not implementing a similar design with an extra cape here. Well, other than cheapness.

Last edited:
Yeah I never got the original mms release as I felt it looked terrible so just stuck with the OC figure until the dx02 was announced. But still never bothered with the pod to begin with. Oh well, as I said, I don't think I'll have bats actually riding the pod anyway, will probably just find a cool pose next to it or something. Still, would be fun to be able to mess about, maybe take some pictures with the cape flowing. It does kind of feel like the whole dark knight rises line has been quite a disappointment in a lot of areas for some.

This new plastic piece is garbage, most people probably would of thrown it out not knowing it was ment for the cape. But who knew hot toys would screw us over...:slap

Wow. What a piece of crap. Way to go Hot Toys. Cheaping out on us again.

Meh, wasn't going to put anyone on the pod anyways... kind of ruins the point of the figures for me... obscures the details of them.

Would love for one of the custom cape guys to make a cap with wires in it as standard, then we could use it for the Bat-pod and just for Batman in general

After watching the video review of xenom0rph.

Left a bad taste. Hot toys seems that every day "raises" prices and decline quality of their products.

Its a Shame

:dunno

After watching the video review of xenom0rph.

Left a bad taste. Hot toys seems that every day "raises" prices and decline quality of their products.

Its a Shame

:dunno

:exactly: I agree there. But I actually liked xenomorph's DX12 review. Made me think better of the DX12, but it's still not worth the money. :lecture

that plastic has cuts running along it too, :rotfl lifting it up looks like a piece broken cut up plastic, how cheap looking :rotfl

I wouldn't try putting this on his back... those two tabs looks like it could leave marks on the armor when getting it on/off like the DX02 backpack.

that plastic has cuts running along it too, :rotfl lifting it up looks like a piece broken cut up plastic, how cheap looking :rotfl

Those are just unsmoothed edges of the photograph. Straight diagonal lines with high contrast makes that kind of stuff visible at that resolution.

You guys are going to make my head explode with all the complaining about this stupid accessory..you could make something out of paperclips in two minutes to do the same thing..who cares!

tumblr_m1kdi7SuPk1r8y09f.gif

You guys are going to make my head explode with all the complaining about this stupid accessory..you could make something out of paperclips in two minutes to do the same thing..who cares!

tumblr_m1kdi7SuPk1r8y09f.gif

"ain't nobody got time for that."-sweet brown

(...)
this new batpod will include the extra cape as well ?

I hope so... It's a re-release of the same previous batpod, so it should come with the cape.

I just read this on FB:

"A plastic cape holder is specially included holding the actual fabric cape of Batman, so as to create the fluttering effect for the fabric cape when he is riding the Bat-pod."

Link ...

Now THIS is what we get :cuckoo:

Nah, it's a new design. It's just a big plastic thing that goes under his cape. Looks inferior to the original cape and wire construction for the MMS 71 TDK Batman. With this one, you can see it under the cape and it doesn't give it a nice flowing look (see instructions).
(...)
156507_400269040046085_98300818_n.jpg

486972_400269240046065_1862776069_n.jpg

This was the original contraption,
(...)
cape+assist.jpg

(...)
review_gstbatpod_9.jpg

I don't see why they changed it.

Thanks for posting all these images DiFabio!

It's just because this new yogurt cup plastic part probably costs close to nothing in production...

This new plastic piece is garbage, most people probably would of thrown it out not knowing it was ment for the cape. But who knew hot toys would screw us over...:slap

:hi5:

Last edited:
Back