Hot Toys - The Joker 1989 - Jack Nicholson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im so getting this.This is going to be my really my first Hot Toys figure:thud::yess:

I just can't stop looking at these pics!! It's such a fantasic sculpt. The paint for the mouth/teeth looks excellent and love that it's slightly opened. I do, however think that base Is definitely a temp base. It has little to no detail. Unless they are going for a simple base

Any chance for an extra unpainted or rather a "painted" flesh-tone sculpt? Come on hot toys, if you can do it for the dx joker you can do it for this one!!!

Well, if we gotta do this.

jn2o.jpg

He is a tad thin.
The hat does need a wider rim.
And the neck is too long.
Eyebrows are a bit too wide/long, and should be just a hair thicker on the inner (towards nose) end.

And, oddly enough, the pattern on the pants is wrong, with the inner vest and tie too teal (looks like it should be more blue, but that could be lighting and color tone in the figure photo).

Otherwise, I think it's about as spot on as you can hope for. 95/100 - and bought.

:exactly::goodpost:

P1130974.jpg

i may be of the minority here but i think this custom looks a tad better then the hot toys verison the hot toys paints just look better .

Not really. We all know which one is better and it's standing next to the '89 Batmobile. :dunno

'We all' don't know any such thing! My personal opinion is that both are incredible sculpts, I cannot choose between them at this stage and will probably need the HT one in hand to judge - but certainly the HT one has great texture and paint.

I'm glad they have different expressions - will get two of the DX and use Adam's sculpt with the coat version and the HT one with the trench :yess:

Here's the Joker Monger was talking about. Silly me,

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SycX4Rq_kog&feature=related"]‪The Dark Knight:Batman Fight Ronald McDonald‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

'We all' don't know any such thing! My personal opinion is that both are incredible sculpts, I cannot choose between them at this stage and will probably need the HT one in hand to judge - but certainly the HT one has great texture and paint.

I'm glad they have different expressions - will get two of the DX and use Adam's sculpt with the coat version and the HT one with the trench :yess:

That's the biggest problem with customs. Most times the paint will come nowhere near bringing the sculpt up to that level.

I'm glad they have different expressions - will get two of the DX and use Adam's sculpt with the coat version and the HT one with the trench

And you could get one of the DX head's painted in flesh tone or "melting" flesh tone so you have three different heads. Hot Toys regular, Adam regular, Hot Toys flesh painted.

All three from different points in the film.

P1130974.jpg

i may be of the minority here but i think this custom looks a tad better then the hot toys verison the hot toys paints just look better .

Nah, I have to agree. I think this sculpt is better.

I was only joking good fellows. In my opinion, this figure is the absolute best looking 1/6 figure ever and Hot Toys should be proud. It is perfect just as it is. There are minor things that are wrong, but they are too minor to matter. Figures will never look exactly like the person so it is to be expected. I wish Hot Toys would release this now! It needs no fixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back