Hot Toys - The Joker 1989 - Jack Nicholson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those teeth are amazing. They literally look like real enamel.

We've reached a new standard here folks.

:lecture

I think the difference between these and adam's is that the teeth and skin texture. Plus the PERs really gives a lot of life and expression in this sculpt.

I hope the keaton batman will not leak oil like the dx did. I think it would be a good idea if they did the chest and ab area hard plastic instead of rubber. Just to be on the safe side ( i know that the hard plastic doesnt take care of the oil problem 100%)

Judging by their Joker I'm sure Hot Toys is refining everything on Batman. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think we'll be blown away by their Batman after seeing how much work they put into the Joker.

I kind of feared that they'd wing it and just put a general, plain figure of both of them to call it a day. Like "yeah, yeah, here's the '89 figures you wanted, now we're done". But they went well and beyond that. The Joker and Batmobile so far are proof of this.

I can't believe they did those harlequin buttons on his waist coat and just how awesome and accurate his accessories are. WB must have let them in on reference material most of us haven't seen before because other than a few screencaps, pics of those accessories are pretty non-existent.

Joker.jpg

I honestly thought this was a screencap for a moment... if it wasn't for the too clean irises and the goofy hat I would probably have remained fooled.

The more I see this the more apparent it is that HT nailed this one to the ____ing wall!!! :hi5:

I think we'll either be wowed or disappointed in the cape. Lets be honest, Keaton Batman is a hard figure to pull off. If anyone can do it though, it's Hot Toys.

If they reach the detail of the actual cape, that actually looks similar to leathery bat skin, I'll be amazed.

I'd be willing to give up matching texture for a material that hang right. Some of the customs guys have found some pretty good textured materials but then it won't hang right. To me, the drape and flow of it is much more important than microscopic texture. Sure photos and looking at it closely would show the lack of texture, but when you're sitting back and looking at him up on the shelf, those details won't mean anything if the cape puffs out all goofy looking.

I honestly thought this was a screencap for a moment... if it wasn't for the too clean irises and the goofy hat I would probably have remained fooled.

The more I see this the more apparent it is that HT nailed this one to the ____ing wall!!! :hi5:

Damn this is a thing of beauty. I guarantee any normal person would believe that is straight out of the movie screen cap. I am just in total awe over this and the batmobile. Even more so this though. Just an amazing piece of art.

looks great, I hope we don't see Bats til next year. Too much stuff, HT has to spread it out some how :dunno. Do you guys think there is a possibility for a better Joker down the road or is this the ONE?

Jack is rather plain for a dx, no? It has been awhile since I seen the film but I recall him wearing the jacket with the flower during dinner with Vale? I remember he squirting acid (or something) at her then she throws water in his face? Does he wear the jacker with flower anytime else?

I am wondering if perhaps a second sculpt (ie Luke) may come with the figure but not ready to be shown? I could be in left field since I haven't watched the movie in years.

Jack is rather plain for a dx, no? It has been awhile since I seen the film but I recall him wearing the jacket with the flower during dinner with Vale? I remember he squirting acid (or something) at her then she throws water in his face? Does he wear the jacker with flower anytime else?

I am wondering if perhaps a second sculpt (ie Luke) may come with the figure but not ready to be shown? I could be in left field since I haven't watched the movie in years.

I think we can pretty much expect a second sculpt. My money goes to the melting face sculpt while smiling when vale splashed the water at him.

Courtesy of P!TU

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5TLAdxecxo&feature=feedu"]‪Hot toys Jack Nicholson Joker, Batman Begins, Christopher Reeves Superman‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I think we can pretty much expect a second sculpt. My money goes to the melting face sculpt while smiling when vale splashed the water at him.

Sorry if it was already discussed, I haven't had time to get into the forums until later at night. Too busy catching up on pics to go back and read everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back