1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would of thought T-800's would be expendable too. Skynet, should of installed some kind of bomb inside the T-800, so when he was near enough to his target he could self detonate.

T3 T-850 had a bomb in his stomach. 2 in fact. :lol

T1 T-800: looks shocked as he's about to hit a wall, then runs away with his tail tucked between his legs when his target is a few feet away with cops approaching

T2 T-800: nonchalantly walks down the corridor and gets shot to pieces WHILE blows dozens of knee caps off

Come to think of it, most of the T-800s attacks in the first film are because people the victims were helpless. Ginger and Matt? They were just sleeping after they porked and T-800 comes in, guns a blazin'. Sarah Connor's mom? She was probably just chillin' in her cabin until the T-800 smashed through the screen door and killed her. The cops at the police station? Again, just chilling late at night doing paper work or what have you until he barges in and shoots them. Seems like whenever the battle came to him, he simply pussed out and booked. What a cybernetic *****.

T2 T-800 on the other hand? Every LAPD department is sent to Cyberdyne without the gang knowing, and he singlehandedly disposes of all of them while taking minimal damage AND without killing them.

Hmm.

The T1000 could have easily dropped into the elevator and killed John when they were all trapped or later impaled John in the back of the police car instead of wildly swinging his hook hand against the glass like a maniac. Then there's the whole "slow walk" thing in the steel mill. T2 was way guiltier of not having the villain complete his mission when he had the chance than that one scene in T1.

Now that's a bad-ass Terminator.

Not as good as T4. That one could survive through fire, multiple grenades to the chest, molten steel AND being frozen!

Let's not forget his throwing skills, they were unmatched.

The T1000 could have easily dropped into the elevator and killed John when they were all trapped or later impaled John in the back of the police car instead of wildly swinging his hook hand against the glass like a maniac. Then there's the whole "slow walk" thing in the steel mill. T2 was way guiltier of not having the villain complete his mission when he had the chance than that one scene in T1.

The reason he didn't run in the Steel Mill is because he was glitchy.

The elevator and car? Pfft, why didn't the T-800 grab Sarah's neck instead of her shirt? Why'd he let Reese grab his wrist and stop him instead of taking over the wheel?

The reason he didn't run in the Steel Mill is because he was glitchy.

Right. His "running powers" had been deactivated. :lol

The elevator and car? Pfft, why didn't the T-800 grab Sarah's neck instead of her shirt? Why'd he let Reese grab his wrist and stop him instead of taking over the wheel?

Meh, he was at least taking the direct approach to kill Sarah, he reached for her and got her shirt because that was the first thing within reach. That totally pales to the elevator. The T1000 obviously had the wherewithal and the ability to drop into it (since he conveniently did the moment it WOULDN'T have meant instant death for John and Sarah) but he simply chose not to.

Right. His "running powers" had been deactivated. :lol

He was tweaking out like a mofo because he had been frozen, shot to pieces and then thawed. You know, sort of like the first Terminator's LIMP?

Guess I'm just imagining his face glitching and his feet and hand sticking to **** like hand rails and steel flooring.

Meh, he was at least taking the direct approach to kill Sarah, he reached for her and got her shirt because that was the first thing within reach. That totally pales to the elevator. The T1000 obviously had the wherewithal and the ability to drop into it (since he conveniently dead the moment it WOULDN'T have meant instant death for John and Sarah) .

Having the brain of a computer and being a systematic killing machine, he should have been smart enough to grab her neck or the steering wheel. Or conserve his ammo and curb stomp Sarah's head into oblivion instead of reloading and allowing Reede to shoot him, or target her actual head with his pistol instead of firing at an image of her in a side mirror.

:lol

He was tweaking out like a mofo because he had been frozen, shot to pieces and then thawed. You know, sort of like the first Terminator's LIMP?

Guess I'm just imagining his face glitching and his feet and hand sticking to **** like hand rails and steel flooring.

Yeah you were definitely imagining that hand sticking to railing "special edition" crap. In the theatrical cut he had that one ripple over his face after handing the T800 his ass. Nothing suggested he was in any way less than 100% form. What's harder, morphing into Sarah Connor or simply moving faster? Then when he did turn into Sarah he just stood there in front of John refusing to break character instead of just killing him. :cuckoo:

You would of thought T-800's would be expendable too. Skynet, should of installed some kind of bomb inside the T-800, so when he was near enough to his target he could self detonate.
The only thing I can think of as to why the Terminator failed his mission was that he was distracted by the 1980s fashion too much. :dunno

Would've and should've, my brother.

So those scenes don't count in the story? Huh?

There's a reason why he didn't run, it's because he was glitching. Cameron and everyone associated with the film says so. Only reason Cameron cut it was because he wanted the audience to feel like nothing could stop the T-1000 (what a waste of effects budget and hard work by the effects team). As far as the story goes though, just because we don't see it happening, doesn't mean it isn't. You sure got a thing against extended editions. :lol

Last edited:
Okay so the T2 T800 is also an idiot who can't smile and is also "stupider" than his T1 counterpart (because he can't learn slang unless humans take out his CPU and give him the power to do so.) The T1 Terminator just adapted on the fly. So yeah, the SE doesn't "count," it isn't just a cut with a few extra scenes, its literally a different story. Adding scenes is one thing, replacing them with contradictory information is something else.

As you said, the T1000 in the TE didn't have those glitches because Cameron changed his mind about having him faulty.

As for SE's, yeah I like the "idea" of "more cool stuff" but usually extended editions are just movies that have the double whammy of:

1. Scenes that were cut for a reason that make the movie worse

that also

2. Mess up the superior pacing of the TE to boot

The only EE/SE's I prefer that I can think of off the top of my head are those for ROTK and The Hobbit:AUJ.

SE/EE's that I think are worse than the TE:

FOTR
TTT
SW OT (duh)
ALIENS
T2

I have no problem with the chip removal scene. That makes perfect sense to me. The Resistance captures and reprograms the T-800, it makes sense that since he was basically a grunt, his chip would be preset to read-only. He was taken from the cold storage facility in haste, afterall. Even though I don't mind the scene getting scrapped for "the more contact I have with humans, the more I learn", I dig it. It shows Sarah's prejudice against machines and John Connor's authority as a leader.

Glitchy T-1000 is a completely different animal. Cameron says that he wanted the audience to think the T-1000 was unstoppable and had the upper hand, not that he actually was. That's to evoke a feeling, not cut down on time. The trimming of scenes happens in post-production. Why didn't the T-1000 run you ask? Because during the shooting script, story boards and film he was glitching due to the liquid metal bath. It effected him. Same reason why the Endo doesn't just run after Sarah and Kyle in the first film, he just got run over by a tanker and got his skin blown off. He's a slow, limping mess (but thankfully, so is Kyle . . . just like Sarah in the second film). Cutting that doesn't just negate it. You can see several times where those glimpses of the glitches would take place. For instance, T-1000 walking. We see that in the theatrical version and we can even see him going to touch the yellow and black rail. Just because it was deleted, doesn't mean it didn't happen. It's not like the garage surgery scene where a line is added that negates the deleted scene.

T-1000 was ****ed up, that's why he was walking. Cameron cut it, not because he didn't want T-1000 glitching, but so the audience would be more fearful for the heroes (even if T-1000 beating down the T-800 with that rod would be enough). The fact you acknowledge the theatrical versions subtle "blip" glitch shows that he is glitchy regardless, so, nuff said.

If we go by your logic, because the gift giving scene in the Fellowship of the Ring was cut, I have to assume that the Fellowship obtained their new green cloaks when they took a ****. Aragon got his dagger that he uses throughout the trilogy from pulling it out of his ass, and Merry and Pippin's daggers and wee belts, well who the hell knows where those came from.

Last edited:
If you can accept that a Mr. Universe looking body builder would be chosen to go back in time to "infiltrate" society and kill Sarah Connor, instead of some average looking everyman like Lance Henriksen, then you should be able to accept that he had to leave to assess the damage and regroup.
I can accept it.

I like it. I like that the T-800 know's it's not invincible*, it does think about the damage it will likely sustain. Like in T2 when the T-800 is facing the SWAT team - he steps out and does a threat assessment. 'Possible Damage' I think it says. If he had another option he probably would have avoided being shot to pieces as he was but there was no where else to go. T1 T-800 makes the same judgements.

*but no one told the writers of T3 and T4 that
Yeah, but in T2, he actually did it because he was a ***** :D
.........I don't get it.

And I'm going to the pub. Adieu!
it's wonderful how we agree with a-dev about t1/t2 characteristics completely, uniting them as one chassis and (lately) intentions, while other t1/t2 fans just argue )

Just because it was deleted, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Actually by definition a deleted scene literally does not exist as part of the story. Hence the word "deleted." UNLESS...that scene is a natural extension of something actually established on film. That's how movies work. Anything that is familiar will carry with it certain assumptions. We don't need everything spelled out when a character walks off screen to do something mundane. But something created out of the blue for a certain story (like a transforming killer robot) has to have everything explained on screen for us to get how it works and behaves because if it doesn't it's just fans making stuff up. In the theatrical cut the T1000 wasn't glitchy. Period. That little ripple that went over his face after he smashed Arnold's arm had no explanation. It was just a weird quirk on screen. If you hadn't seen the SE you would have NEVER said "oh that's to show that he now doesn't know how to walk fast." And I'm calling BS if you do say that. The movie is the movie, not what a director tells you it is in a commentary track or in a different cut.

If we go by your logic, because the gift giving scene in the Fellowship of the Ring was cut, I have to assume that the Fellowship obtained their new green cloaks when they took a ****. Aragon got his dagger that he uses throughout the trilogy from pulling it out of his ass, and Merry and Pippin's daggers and wee belts, well who the hell knows where those came from.

Actually no, my logic has nothing to do with assuming that equipment people carry somehow came from their ass. If you watched FOTR in the theaters and then from December 2001 until November 2002 (when the FOTR EE didn't exist) assumed that people were carrying gear stuffed up their asses then that's your weird thing. Neither cut showed Sam acquiring Bill the Pony, I guess in your world he also came out of someone's butt too? That makes it sound like you're incapable of following a movie without director commentary or added scenes. There are a million things not explained on film. What doesn't end up in the movie is all equal, whether it was filmed and then cut or not filmed at all. The T1000 glitch crap wasn't set up in the TE so its no different than me claiming that he had a special directive that prohibited him from running in steel mills.

I really do find it strange that you consider deleted scenes as canon. I don't know that I've ever heard of anyone doing that. So many movies would instantly become awful then. Have you seen the deleted Han and Leia scenes from ESB or that stupid Wampas in Echo Base crap? I guess your version of ESB is quite lame. Too bad.

Actually by definition a deleted scene literally does not exist as part of the story.
completely disagree.
and my favourite example is A1 and what scott left of it. or P1 unfinished scene of predator scoffing at Dutch across the jungle - it would shut all those comics yautja fans at once if it was finished.
deleted scenes in T/A/P are canon for me. they don't contradict the main story while widen it a lot.
also literally a deleted scene is a part of a story, unlike everything discussed and decided by fans, including your post ))

completely disagree.

That's fine but you aren't disagreeing with my opinion you're disagreeing with the English language. When you delete something you remove it. Erase it. Make it no longer exist. Scenes that don't exist in a movie by definition aren't part of said movie. That's just how it is. Filming a scene doesn't give it some magic stamp of canon. It has to actually make it into the movie. You can "pretend" that Dutch said this or the Alien creature did that based on scenes you saw filmed. But that's all you're doing, pretending, you're not actually witnessing a part of the finished cinematic artwork because...it...actually...isn't...there.

When Bucky Barnes said, "Let's hear it for Captain America!" and all the soldiers cheered for him after their big rescue Chris Evans originally smiled and gave some big speech in response. When they watched the first cut Johnston decided it would be more badass for Cap to just silently take in the applause, saying nothing at all. So that's what happened. They cut the speech and he said nothing. Now I can take my knowledge of Cap's speech and "pretend" he did it just because I might think that's cool but that's just me ignoring the actual movie and making up my own stuff.

I certainly wouldn't take my made up version of how that scene played to an internet discussion to counter someone's awareness of how the movie really turned out.

Last edited:
Back