1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could have watched the film for the first time without knowing he was the "good guy". No matter how hard I try to imagine that perspective, I just can't. The hallway confrontation would not only be jarring, but exciting as well.

That would have been cool if they carried the "this time there are two", "bad T-800" marketing all the way to release day. I think it was, what, a month or two before the film hit that the trailers spoiled him as the protector? They should have carried teaser trailer vibes all the way to the opening.

That would have been cool if they carried the "this time there are two", "bad T-800" marketing all the way to release day. I think it was, what, a month or two before the film hit that the trailers spoiled him as the protector? They should have carried teaser trailer vibes all the way to the opening.

I was shocked to hear that some of the trailers had spoiled that crucial twist prior to release. I can't believe Cameron allowed that. Kind of like Peter Jackson putting the "And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide" in the Two Towers trailers. Sure a lot of people would know that Gandalf comes back because of the books but why ruin it for everybody? :confused:

Nothing will ever top Cast Away spoiling in the very first teaser that he gets off the island though. :slap

Ah the Cast Away trailer. I remember sitting there thinking William Wallace would scream freedom by the end of it. Spoiling that he gets off the island was pretty lame too.

Hindsight is 20/20 of course but I don't think it ought to have been a surprise anyway. Arnie was always the good guy by that point in his career. Perhaps the bigger surprise should have been if they'd actually made him the villain again.

I've been fascinated at the thought of that other idea they had where Arnie was going to be the reprogrammed T-800 but Michael Biehn was going to be the T-1000. That would have been....well...strange.

I've been fascinated at the thought of that other idea they had where Arnie was going to be the reprogrammed T-800 but Michael Biehn was going to be the T-1000. That would have been....well...strange.

Wut?

Are you sure? I thought the original plan for T2 was a good Arnold and a bad Arnold?

Yeah I heard of that aswell. They probably considered both scenarios. Good Arnold VS bad Arnold would have been the weakest one IMO.

I'd give a kidney for a Kyle Reese with Tech-Com uniform, as well as whatever various vagrant clothing he had in 1984. 2 heads, one clean neutral expression, 2nd distressed expression, some blood... To me, having an official HT Kyle Reese (Besides the first one, yuck) is the emotional equivalent of my NHL team winning the Stanley Cup (Sabres) in the sense that I would feel such relief that I could die happy.

So, if you got a Hot Toys Kyle Reese and the Sabres won the stanley cup, you could die the next day, totally fulfilled?

So this just got released in HK. :google

1907439_690289657706312_2977708219596285415_n.jpg

Yes?

Bet when the box opens, it shows him damaged underneath. I really dig the retro packaging. Beats the hell out of those plain silver boxes they used to do.

Wow I didn't expect this to actually come out on time but it could actually be early. I can't wait for review pictures!

Back