1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T-1000 was walking because he was damaged, period.

Don't need Cameron to tell me what is what. There are quirks in the theatrical that show this, without the sequences. He reforms EXTREMELY slow, almost like a forming blob. There's no finesse like there was before, his legs and head are conjoined for seconds. Earlier in the film, he would form back quickly. You write off the little glitch blip that happens to his entire body twice, but I don't recall seeing him do that prior to the climax. Same with the running. That's all he'd do in the film. Run after John and keep up with him on the bike, running after the car, etc. something MUST be wrong with the guy if he ain't running. Hmm, could freezing and getting blown apart have had something to do with it?

Back to your original point, both the T1 T-800 and T-1000 do things that are unthreatening and "out of character" at the same level. I agree with you about that elevator. He could drop down right in there and kill them (unless all those bullets hit him, we saw how he would get "stunned" when shot with the shotgun"). Walking in the steel mill though? You're reaching. You know why he doesn't, you know all to well. I'm sure when you stated it, you knew that someone would bring up the deleted scenes and criticize it anyway.

Last edited:
And this damage didn't hamper his fighting, transforming, sound mimicry or leaping, only his ability to walk fast, jog, or run? That's weird.

EDIT: And to respond to your edit the little ripple over his face only occurs once in the TE, when he turns around after trapping Arnold's arm. And he reformed very slowly at the mental hospital after the guard walked over him.

I get that we "can" assume that he was damaged at the end, just like we are using nothing but our assumptions to explain why the T800 disappeared from the cops after he crashed in T1. But it's still us filling those gaps, and the T1000's "selective damage" (affects nothing but walking speed) is still a weird explanation.

He tells Sarah to call to John because he's ****ed up and doesn't know how far away he is. If we take the alternate extended shots into account, he DOESN'T mimic Sarah correctly.

Fighting? I don't know, the T-800 was messed up too. How exactly would one gauge that?

Okay I've had enough disagreeing for one night. Let's go find a thread about a movie that we totally see eye to eye on.

How about that ASM2? Pretty sweet huh? :chase

BTW, I've seen the Han Solo/Leia Echo Base deleted scene, it's really bad. Enough to make the T-1000's programming go out of whack.

tumblr_m4p4l2WKQQ1qzhojqo1_500.gif

Know what scene I would have loved and killed to see as a kid from reading about it in the comic adaptation? This right here,

Spoiler Spoiler:

Wor-Gar, there are some pretty good pants out there, but they are hard to come by now. Dyeing them is probably the best solution. Anyone here done that effectively? Would you just use an olive drab green dye, or something else?

I think for sure the head looks worse in some of those display pictures than it does on the prototype, and will on the production figure because of image distortion and lighting. At least, I hope so. On the off chance it doesn't, I haven't sold my Commando modified 136 head with the exposed endo eye.

I hope youre right, but the hair are defenetiv too short.

Pants in that pic are still way wrong. One more thing for you to worry about. You have a lot of heads to choose from --- but where are you going to get correct pants! :panic:

What is wrong on the pants?

No, I have no T1 heads to choose one. Hot Toys make no perfect Schwarzenegger sculpt. Enterbay and Sideshow Trevor Grove are way better.

it's wonderful how we agree with a-dev about t1/t2 characteristics completely, uniting them as one chassis and (lately) intentions, while other t1/t2 fans just argue )

It's a funny situation. Though, and I know you find this hard to believe, Difabio loves T1. He does. What he's saying is only in defence of T2 which he also loves. I hold the same position. What he says is a reaction to deliberately (but affectionately and kinda jokingly) trolling stances towards T2 taken by guys like Kara and Khev. Me and Difabio know that they don't hate T2. In fact we've seen them praise it before, as a better sequel than one can generally expect. They prefer T1, but they actually think T2 is pretty good. I think that's a completely fair stance.

Although as regards the current debate about T-1000 not killing John Connor when it so easily could, not running when it should and instead doing a slow intimidating walk - T1 T-800 did the same thing. You telling me it actually needed to reload its Uzi while it was standing right over Sarah Connor in Tech Noir - it couldn't have merely stamped on her head? That's your T1 equivalent of the T2 elevator scene right there. And I'm also sure there was more than one occasion where the T1 T-800 could have ran after it's quarry but didn't for reasons of the story. That sort of thing really can't be held against T2 without also being aimed at T1.

What I love about T1 and T2 is the ways in which they don't contradict. Things such as I mentioned - the threat assessment. I believe T2 actually provided an answer, in an indirect way, to why the T1 T-800 didn't simply climb out of the crashed squad car, walk over and try to kill Sarah Connor. It reasoned that it would have a better chance to kill her later while not overly risking itself in the process (any risk to itself = failure of mission). Both T-800's have this kind of thinking. I love it. In T1 - OK, I'm damaged and I'm out of ammo (or at least very low) and these police are all armed. If I try to kill Sarah Connor right now, in front of them, and there's no guarantee I will succeed, I will sustain major damage to my human flesh covering aswell as making myself a fugitive. On the other hand if I simply walk away I will know where she is located and can attack later. In T2 - OK, I need to get John and Sarah out of here, damn, team of SWAT guys with automatic weapons down the corridor - no other way out - well $h!t I'm gonna take some damage here but what other choice is there. I'll take these guys out and try to minimise my human-cover damage by...I guess, taking the damage on just one side of my face if possible (turns his head to one side while being shot) etc etc

Just great. Fantastic films really.

Last edited:
Great post a-dev, couldn't have said it better.

Love the threat assessment explanation, thanks to T2. This, to me, is the bridge that ties the two together,

image.jpg
image.jpg

Well yeah the threat assessment thing makes sense, a sophisticated machine like a terminator has to have reasoning and intelligence being AI.
Reese said it was fearless and will do anything to kill sarah, but he didn't say it was mindless machine.

It's a funny situation. Though, and I know you find this hard to believe, Difabio loves T1. He does. What he's saying is only in defence of T2 which he also loves. I hold the same position. What he says is a reaction to deliberately (but affectionately and kinda jokingly) trolling stances towards T2 taken by guys like Kara and Khev. Me and Difabio know that they don't hate T2. In fact we've seen them praise it before, as a better sequel than one can generally expect. They prefer T1, but they actually think T2 is pretty good. I think that's a completely fair stance.

Although as regards the current debate about T-1000 not killing John Connor when it so easily could, not running when it should and instead doing a slow intimidating walk - T1 T-800 did the same thing. You telling me it actually needed to reload its Uzi while it was standing right over Sarah Connor in Tech Noir - it couldn't have merely stamped on her head? That's your T1 equivalent of the T2 elevator scene right there. And I'm also sure there was more than one occasion where the T1 T-800 could have ran after it's quarry but didn't for reasons of the story. That sort of thing really can't be held against T2 without also being aimed at T1.

What I love about T1 and T2 is the ways in which they don't contradict. Things such as I mentioned - the threat assessment. I believe T2 actually provided an answer, in an indirect way, to why the T1 T-800 didn't simply climb out of the crashed squad car, walk over and try to kill Sarah Connor. It reasoned that it would have a better chance to kill her later while not overly risking itself in the process (any risk to itself = failure of mission). Both T-800's have this kind of thinking. I love it. In T1 - OK, I'm damaged and I'm out of ammo (or at least very low) and these police are all armed. If I try to kill Sarah Connor right now, in front of them, and there's no guarantee I will succeed, I will sustain major damage to my human flesh covering aswell as making myself a fugitive. On the other hand if I simply walk away I will know where she is located and can attack later. In T2 - OK, I need to get John and Sarah out of here, damn, team of SWAT guys with automatic weapons down the corridor - no other way out - well $h!t I'm gonna take some damage here but what other choice is there. I'll take these guys out and try to minimise my human-cover damage by...I guess, taking the damage on just one side of my face if possible (turns his head to one side while being shot) etc etc

Just great. Fantastic films really.

Just A-Dev at his finest.
Never thought that way, but totally logic and true to the point.

Damn, I need another DX-13 and the T1.
:lol

I will say this, since I avoided all trailers and TV spots for T2 prior to its release the moment he reveals himself as the *good guy* ("get down!") was one of the biggest "No Freaking Ways!" for me in the history of watching movies. I did see one theatrical teaser, the one that opens with the semi crashing down into the sewer canal and just assumed that it was Arnold driving the truck. After the T800 rescued John I had to re-acclimate to everything I thought I was expecting the movie to be. Pretty much all of my "issues" with the movie came only after I'd watched it many times and fully digested it.

Also I've said before but Arnold climbing onto the hood of the liquid nitrogen truck and unloading his clip into the T1000 at point blank range elicited one of the biggest crowd cheers I've ever heard in a movie theater. Regardless of how it might have diminished the "mythos" in my mind it was still one hell of an exhilarating crowd pleaser. I'll definitely give it that.

Back