Hot Toys Two-Face???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey I don't have a scanner, but today at Barnes and Noble I picked up the latest issue of Cinefix magazine. Lots of High quality pics of Two Face . It costs $12.99, but totally worth it for the shots of Two Face. Just thought I'd let you know as these are the first official shots of Two Face I've seen published!

Great magazine. Always top notch.

Wait, so do you see the damage on his face or do you just see Eckhart filming with the stuff in place for the CGI later?

Both, they put the same image one pre visual effects second after. In total theres like 5 or 6 great images of him with the burnt side. $13.00 was well spent to get these kind of images of Two-Face.

Both, they put the same image one pre visual effects second after. In total theres like 5 or 6 great images of him with the burnt side. $13.00 was well spent to get these kind of images of Two-Face.

Excellent thank you, then I'll definitely pick it up and get some high res scans available.

I'm just glad to have the high quality photos available now for reference! The detail on these images are so crisp it makes it look more fake than in the actual film. In the film, they animated it so well, my mind bought the illusion. Looking at a still image of it, it just makes you realize how grisly the burns were to his face.

In the film, they animated it so well, my mind bought the illusion.

Well they did and they didn't. I'm no expert but I imagine one side of the face being impaired to that degree would in real life have a knock-on effect to the movement capabilities of the other side of the face, particularly around the mouth. I kind of imagine him being left with a Sly Stallone-esque slur in his speech too. However the film, for starters, was obviously taking a leap that he could survive such a disfigurement but it didn't address the fact that he probably shouldn't have been able to talk properly - if at all - let alone shout (that should have hurt like hell). And visually the undamaged side of his lips moved normally - again somehow I can't see how they would considering the damage to the other side. On the plus side they at least matched the exposed eye to his other eye and you could see the exposed brow muscles performing the appropriate actions to reflect whatever expression he had on his undamaged face. Also check out the lighting when he's in the car with eric roberts - brilliantly done.

Anyone buying 2 of this figure? To set up Dent and Two-face simultaneously. Not sure if I will, so much expenditure as it is.

Yeah, my grandmother had one muscle in her cheek damaged and her mouth was skewed to the side and it slurred her speech, with the damage Harvey Dent had he probably wouldn't be able to talk.

CINEFEX is a fantastic publication. I'm a subscriber. Got this issue in on Monday. Has lots of great TDK and INDY IV fx coverage.

Yes, I do have a scanner... but I'm also a lazy SOB. MaulFan would do a better job of it anyway. :p

Well they did and they didn't. I'm no expert but I imagine one side of the face being impaired to that degree would in real life have a knock-on effect to the movement capabilities of the other side of the face, particularly around the mouth. I kind of imagine him being left with a Sly Stallone-esque slur in his speech too. However the film, for starters, was obviously taking a leap that he could survive such a disfigurement but it didn't address the fact that he probably shouldn't have been able to talk properly - if at all - let alone shout (that should have hurt like hell). And visually the undamaged side of his lips moved normally - again somehow I can't see how they would considering the damage to the other side. On the plus side they at least matched the exposed eye to his other eye and you could see the exposed brow muscles performing the appropriate actions to reflect whatever expression he had on his undamaged face. Also check out the lighting when he's in the car with eric roberts - brilliantly done.

Anyone buying 2 of this figure? To set up Dent and Two-face simultaneously. Not sure if I will, so much expenditure as it is.

Like I said, in the movie your mind kind of buys the illusion because it's so well animated. However, Two-Face should not have been able to speak properly or possibly even survive with the level of damage he sustained. I can't imagine not just screaming in agony constantly having that kind of damage. But IMO, it's a small price to pay to see the best incarnation of Two-Face (not counting comics) ever. Even though it's based in reality, these films do require a certain suspension of belief. As long as the characters are taken seriously, that all I care about.

In the magazine, the FX guys responsible for Two-Face also acknowledge that they took liberties with his exposed muscles on the scarred side to make him look more menacing. I for one am glad because I thought the look was equal parts horrifying and scary.

Back