Hot Toys Two-Face???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's no doubt they took liberties with the scarring, but it's ok, it wasn't so farfetched you couldn't believe it, but not so real it didn't have the impact the character needed from his visuals.

Well that took longer than it should have...

Here they are (not best quality, still playing with new scanner)

scan0034.jpg

scan0032.jpg

scan0006.jpg

Awesome, thanks for those. High Res coming tomorrow, just hope Barnes & Noble has this magazine.

Granted he's CGI, but it'd be awesome if they took promo images of Eckhart to CGI in the TF damage later like the Batman and Joker promo shots.

Wowowowowow.

This, Transformers, and Pirates 2-3 have the best CGI ever produced. THATS how you use CGI.

scan0006.jpg

This shot is amazing, Harvey looks ready to cry while his other side looks ready to ^^^^ ^^^^ up, 2 expressions in the same face, great job giving performance to the CGI part.

the hole in the nose i think is the grossest part lol

I agree. Yuck. Never even noticed that when watching the film. Nice touch.

But, yeah, the look of Two-Face is definitely the most fantastical/unrealistic thing in the Nolan Batuniverse. When we saw the movie on opening day my 14 year old felt the need to remind me that, "That eyeball would dry out, shrivel-up and fall out after a few minutes without tear-ducts and eyelids". :thwak Shuddup, smart kid. :lol But, really, I don't care... it works and I like it on a visceral level.

Agreed - CGI at its best. I knew most of it was computer generated, but I shocked to see that practically ALL of it was. I figured just the deep crevices in his face were CGI. Well done!

Yea, I never noticed that till now, great detail!!

But, yeah, the look of Two-Face is definitely the most fantastical/unrealistic thing in the Nolan Batuniverse. When we saw the movie on opening day my 14 year old felt the need to remind me that, "That eyeball would dry out, shrivel-up and fall out after a few minutes without tear-ducts and eyelids". :thwak Shuddup, smart kid. :lol But, really, I don't care... it works and I like it on a visceral level.

Maybe he carries around some visine eye drops :rotfl

Hot Toys we need Two-Face pics!!!!!:banghead
Seeing these magazine scans makes my need for a Two-Face even worse....

:lol

You guys...

Here is the progression --->

1. Figure announced ---> "When can I order?????" ---> "We need more pics!!!" ---> "We at least need nice pics of the character from the movie!" ---> Magazine out ---> "Need scans NOW!!!" ---> Scans posted ---> "We need more pics of the Hot Toys figure!!" ---> And immediately after Wookster posts a gazillion pics of the figure and all the details this will happen ---> "I can't wait X months for this figure! I must have it NOW!!!!"

:lol And we thought SW fans were impatient. :monkey5

Agreed - CGI at its best. I knew most of it was computer generated, but I shocked to see that practically ALL of it was. I figured just the deep crevices in his face were CGI. Well done!

Something that extensive, I'm sure it's easier for them to just totally cover up what's there than to make sure the CGI lines up with existing damage on his real face. I'm impressed how they did it though, I'd have expected like a green or blue covering over his face. Anyone know which FX company did this movie?

In the magazine, the FX guys responsible for Two-Face also acknowledge that they took liberties with his exposed muscles on the scarred side to make him look more menacing. I for one am glad because I thought the look was equal parts horrifying and scary.

There's no doubt they took liberties with the scarring, but it's ok, it wasn't so farfetched you couldn't believe it, but not so real it didn't have the impact the character needed from his visuals.

That was the only thing I dislike - the eye. I thought it at least should be blinded in that eye - all foggy and opaque. But it really is a minor nit. I really like how when Harvey blinks, the scared eye doesn't. :horror

I feel the Hot Toys sculpt is going to look better than the film version just because it is one solid sculpt. As good as CGI is now, it still hasn't reached that certain depth and feel that a real object has. For example, how much more realistic Yoda and Jabba look in the OT as opposed to their CGI PT counterparts. They both look great and can do things the other can, but there is just something about a real object that looks better. So a sculpt that is actually missing half a face is going to look sick!

That last pic of Aaron with just the make-up on is kind freaky with that half baldness thing going on! :lol

I guess we can also consider that he didn't live very long after getting the disfigurement anyway. Perhaps this eye problem for one thing would have manifested had he lived long enough.

That damage reminds me of Arnie at the end of T3. Its very similar. What I remember about that bit of CG work is they forgot to account for the fact that light should have been entering his mouth from the side where the flesh was ripped away. In the film you can clearly see that they've CGed a hole in his face where the endoskeletal jaw mechanics can be seen - yet if you look at his mouth its complete darkness as though hes fully fleshed.

I guess we can also consider that he didn't live very long after getting the disfigurement anyway. Perhaps this eye problem for one thing would have manifested had he lived long enough.

That damage reminds me of Arnie at the end of T3. Its very similar. What I remember about that bit of CG work is they forgot to account for the fact that light should have been entering his mouth from the side where the flesh was ripped away. In the film you can clearly see that they've CGed a hole in his face where the endoskeletal jaw mechanics can be seen - yet if you look at his mouth its complete darkness as though hes fully fleshed.

That might have been a reason they killed him off instead of bringing him back for a third. But I would love to see what this would have looked like "healed." It would have to somewhat by the next film, had he lived.

Something that extensive, I'm sure it's easier for them to just totally cover up what's there than to make sure the CGI lines up with existing damage on his real face. I'm impressed how they did it though, I'd have expected like a green or blue covering over his face. Anyone know which FX company did this movie?

According to the magazine an FX company called Framestore. Great job for a small company. Goes to show the tools are out there, it takes talent to make them work.

According to the magazine an FX company called Framestore. Great job for a small company. Goes to show the tools are out there, it takes talent to make them work.

EXACTLY. I wrote a paper last semester about why even though we are progressing forward in time, CGI seems to be taking a step back in so many cases. The effort is so much more important than the technology. CGI is outsourced so often these days, that by the time the final splice of visual effects and raw film are put together, its too late for either side (the director or the FX comany) to "revise" what they have done. Usually it is the last step, and according to the scheduele, the movie needs to be ready for release. If it looks like crap in the end, they usually just have to go with it. Its the companies that work with directors DURING filming, and directors who film their shots according to how the CGI people what to alter it, that give us these amazing results...

EXACTLY. I wrote a paper last semester about why even though we are progressing forward in time, CGI seems to be taking a step back in so many cases. The effort is so much more important than the technology. CGI is outsourced so often these days, that by the time the final splice of visual effects and raw film are put together, its too late for either side (the director or the FX comany) to "revise" what they have done. Usually it is the last step, and according to the scheduele, the movie needs to be ready for release. If it looks like crap in the end, they usually just have to go with it. Its the companies that work with directors DURING filming, and directors who film their shots according to how the CGI people what to alter it, that give us these amazing results...

like the Scorpion King at the end of the mummy 2 i think, horrible cgi

Back