Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone seen usage of the lower torso joint on robo in any PiCTURES??

Has anyone seen usage of the lower torso joint on robo in any PiCTURES??

Not a picture, but if you watch Clipper's review, at 24:15 he demonstrates the figure's ab articulation. It can extend in two places, which will allow you to tilt the figure forward and back and to either side.

He couldn't get the lower section to extend and articulate (it was very stiff and he didn't want to force it because it isn't his figure), but according to the instructions, it can.

Actually looks like the right color there, I guess it all depends on the lighting. From what I have seen this figure just looks totally silver and in certain lighting you can see some purple hues through it but still looks mainly silver. I guess this is one of those figures you have to see in hand to know exactly what color it is, because it appears be a chameleon due to the armor being so reflective and shiny.

If you shine a light directy at it.. like a flashlight or something you will see the hint of purple hue.

Its also shiny enough to reflect light like car paint.

My picture with a tint of red, just so happened to be me taking the picture while someone wearing a red tshirt popped on the tv screen and Robo reflected the color.

Love the Caps! :lol

It's funny that this idea was based off of the robocop cartoon at the time.

Back when Kmart was the place to be to get the hottest action figures :lol

I was supposed to get the LJN Lion-O from Kmart, but never did. The Classic version from a few years ago just ain't the same. :lol

If you shine a light directy at it.. like a flashlight or something you will see the hint of purple hue.

Its also shiny enough to reflect light like car paint.

My picture with a tint of red, just so happened to be me taking the picture while someone wearing a red tshirt popped on the tv screen and Robo reflected the color.

That's what I figured but I assume in normal lighting this just looks silver?

He's very silver in most lights chaps. Might aswell just resign yourselves to that. There are purple hues on the figure but to be honest they have to be looked for.

I expect the Enterbay figure is the same.

Best just enjoy the great sculpts we've gotten and the amazing poseability.

I could only dream of a RoboCop figure of this quality when I was 10 years old and I'll be overjoyed when it finally arrives at my doorstep, but how difficult would it have been to recreate this look in most light conditions?

omgrobocop.jpg

He's very silver in most lights chaps. Might aswell just resign yourselves to that. There are purple hues on the figure but to be honest they have to be looked for.

I expect the Enterbay figure is the same.

Best just enjoy the great sculpts we've gotten and the amazing poseability.

From what I have seen the EB armor doesn't have that shiny metallic look to it like this one has, although it does appear to be quite reflective.

I could only dream of a RoboCop figure of this quality when I was 10 years old and I'll be overjoyed when it finally arrives at my doorstep, but how difficult would it have been to recreate this look in most light conditions?

View attachment 137653

I honestly don't see how it could be difficult at all to create that.

thanks YankeesFanboy, :duff yea i saw the video. but i was hopeing somone might have shown that part of the articulation already.. it wasnt shown in any of the pictures so far......... just wondering if it tilts the torso like the iron man figs. and helps the abbcrunch range. :duff

thanks YankeesFanboy, :duff yea i saw the video. but i was hopeing somone might have shown that part of the articulation already.. it wasnt shown in any of the pictures so far......... just wondering if it tilts the torso like the iron man figs. and helps the abbcrunch range. :duff

No problem, man. I did check OMG's photos as well. I would wager that it functions pretty much the same as the upper ab cut - it can be extended so that it can move forward and backward and side to side, as well as tilt to and fro.

But so far, no one seems to be able to get the joint moving. It must be tight as all get-out.

For me the question i'm pondering is, feeding station or no feeding station!
I just don't see it being worth the cost it's asking for. $125 extra for the chair? It makes for a great backdrop for the figure but not something I would leave him sitting in. Would rather save the $125 and use it towards the BD version that's coming around.

Back