HT 14" Predator full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I care in so far as - not quite understanding how it came to be shorter and the fact that I wasn't planning on him being a standalone piece, I want to display him with the P2 and Dutch and basically any Predator universe figures Hot toys have done or will do. Its a pity more than a disaster because I have no doubt that in and of itself the figure will look cool.

You shouldn't have been charged ahead of time if you ordered with Toys2, they do a preauth that lasts for a few days on your CC but goes away eventually, but I don't think there's any method of payment they do that requires the money up front. My order with them was originally a Money Order payment but I had it switched over to CC last week.

I paid 'em upfront with Paypal. :joy

Yeh, the more I look at these photos of the Predator the more I'm disappointed at the overall bulk and especially the height of the figure. He should be towering over Dutch by at least a good 3 inches, but how the hell could he be around the same height?!!
Let's keep these things to true scale hey Hot Toys!
I think HT is trying to cut costs on materials, maybe we should be calling this 'the special recession issue'.:rolleyes:

I wish there was something like the Hasbro Q&A for Hot Toys. I'd love to know if they are aware of these issues with Predator and Dutch.

The lack of likeness on Billy I can accept but no one was expecting the Predator to turn out as a shortarse or for Dutch to have a pinhead atop a giraffe neck.

thats economics though and theres a very good reason why companies do it. If they ever made the perfect figure they wouldn't be very profitable when releasing future 'upgrades'. Much like microsoft who could have built the perfect operating system 10 years ago but they'll never do it guess why? You'd never need to buy their upgrades or new versions...less money for them.

Last edited:
thats economics though and theres a very good reason why companies do it. If they ever made the perfect figure they wouldn't be very profitable when releasing future 'upgrades'. Much like microsoft who could have built the perfect operating system 10 years ago but they'll never do it guess why? You'd never need to buy their upgrades or new versions...less money for them.

00cc.png

This will be my first Predator purchase, so the height difference between this one and the others doesn't bother me. But, I agree. He should definitely tower over Dutch.

I received my Predator this afternoon and I thought I might share this pic with you guys ;
Hope you'll enjoy it coz this figure ROCKS HARD :rock

predator01.jpg

Missed that a nice photo got posted amidst the height debate.

I really don't give a ^^^^ about the height considering how minimal a difference it looks to be, the fact that if you just view this figure alone and it looks so amazingly badass and well done is all I care about. If it were tall as P2 and looked like ^^^^, I'd piss and moan because it looked bad, the height would be no consolation, at least even though it's shorter, it looks great.

I'm suprised and happy that he doesn't look so bright on other photos. I like him when he look's a little darker like here on the pic's. I think he looks more sinister like this.

IMG_7314Small.jpg

On the older pic's the painting looks a lot cheaper.

P1-03.jpg

I really don't give a ^^^^ about the height considering how minimal a difference it looks to be, the fact that if you just view this figure alone and it looks so amazingly badass and well done is all I care about. If it were tall as P2 and looked like ^^^^, I'd piss and moan because it looked bad, the height would be no consolation, at least even though it's shorter, it looks great.

Ah, I really don't care. I think he looks marvelous, and he's gonna look amazing on my shelf next to Vito and The Joker.

:lecture

In any event, he looks to be the same height as the Wolf, but the Wolf has flip plops on. Simply add pads to the Pred feet if you are so concerned. End of story.

You Guys posting height complaints on each and every page is getting tiresome and annoying. Get over it, you made your point. :D

It is what it is. And I LOVE IT! :rock

Here are some pic's
p1anddutch.jpg

faceoff.jpg

I love it!! Looks great, scale and all. I have every Hot Toys Predator and look forward to adding all of these to the collection, they just look excellent! The height matter wasn't a concern, but I just needed to see a comparison with all the hate out there. No hate here. Just angst, waiting for Sideshow to get it in the warehouse.

I guess it's my skepticism with Hot Toys. I do regard them as the best in the 1/6 business, but I find them to be capable of flaws and things and go into situations expecting low from them.

With P1, I honestly expected that it'd be on the P2 body, have the same awkward proportions and not be the sharpest looking figure it could be.

HT surprised me, they put in the effort of tooling a body just for the P1, they were careful to give it proper proportions within itself, they really made it sharp looking.

How or why the height isn't what it could be, who knows, but when I imagine a P2-esque P1 being what may have been if the height did match, I'm happier with how things turned out.

Hot Toys can be brutal with height proportions, the Pirates line really soured to me at how poorly they handle that aspect of this business and it really doesn't surprise me or bother me anymore, unless the figure looks poor, then it's like ok, you got the height wrong and made a so-so figure, at least P1's a great looking figure. Can't wait for Toys2 to ship him.

Its the people complaining about 'haters' that bothers me. First of all I despise that blanket labelling of anyone who has a complaint a 'hater' - secondly what do these people propose? A message board comprising nothing but ":banana AWESOME" or ":chew MINE SHIPS TOMORROW"? Yeah, you can call me a 'hater' when it comes to those kinds of posts. The only time I bother to post something like "I'm getting mine tomorrow" is if that information can potentially be of use to another member who ordered off the same people - otherwise its a useless post.

Back