HT 14" Predator full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will be my only Predator, so I'm sure I'll be happy with him, as he will be plenty taller than my other HT figures. And I do really like the helmet lights!

Its the people complaining about 'haters' that bothers me. First of all I despise that blanket labelling of anyone who has a complaint a 'hater' - secondly what do these people propose? A message board comprising nothing but ":banana AWESOME" or ":chew MINE SHIPS TOMORROW"? Yeah, you can call me a 'hater' when it comes to those kinds of posts. The only time I bother to post something like "I'm getting mine tomorrow" is if that information can potentially be of use to another member who ordered off the same people - otherwise its a useless post.

Mine does not ship tomorrow... ;)

For people who still don't want to believe that P1 is a shorty:

20090523010327255.jpg.jpg

Would you say P1 is about 1/8 of an inch shorter than the other preds or would it be more like 1/4 of an inch?
:confused:

Its the people complaining about 'haters' that bothers me. First of all I despise that blanket labelling of anyone who has a complaint a 'hater' - secondly what do these people propose? A message board comprising nothing but ":banana AWESOME" or ":chew MINE SHIPS TOMORROW"? Yeah, you can call me a 'hater' when it comes to those kinds of posts. The only time I bother to post something like "I'm getting mine tomorrow" is if that information can potentially be of use to another member who ordered off the same people - otherwise its a useless post.

I think you're taking the word "hater" a bit to personally...:dunno

Would you say P1 is about 1/8 of an inch shorter than the other preds or would it be more like 1/4 of an inch?
:confused:

:confused: iunno.. the actual numbers don't really matter tbh. It's visual.. you can see he's shorter. Which looks weird at least to me because I know the same person played P1 and P2 yet P1 is shorter. That's just me. :D

a mod can delete these if they have already been posted.
There cool photos.

predatordutch2.jpg

predatordutch3.jpg

I actually like the wide open mandibles in this photo.

Height is only an issue for me if its wildly out of scale. This is unfortunate, but he's still big enough to be impressive and larger than other figures.

But something like the Medicom Alien, being about 2" shorter than he should be was a deal breaker.

This looks awesome, like it came straight out of the movie :). I've heard some problems associated with HT Predators in the past, something to do with the materials used in the figure. So exactly what were those issues people were concerned about and are those issues also in this figure?

I think the height issue has to do with the fact that the HT preds aren't as big as they should be to begin with. Here's a pic I took of my BR Joker next to my P2 awhile ago:

watermark.php

Now imo I don't think that's an accurate depiction of the height difference that's supposed to be present between the two characters. Kevin Peter Hall was 7' 2" and Heath Ledger was like 6' 1" or 6' 2".

Here's some pics of Mirko Cro Cop (6' 2") vs. Hong Man Choi (7' 0")..

crocopvshmc.jpg

crocopvshmc2.jpg

And keep in mind: HMC is only 7' tall.. KPH was 7' 2" + the pred head which you can see here DOES add height:

predator_2_disc2-0.jpg

So from the jump the HT Preds are a little short and when you have a HT Pred who's even slightly shorter than that.. yeah it's something that's going to be talked about.

Ah you're the guy who did the dreadlocks and hand custom. Very nice. And you make a good argument on behalf of those of us a little annoyed about the height problem.

You guys do realize that just because an actor is a certain height that their character onscreen is not necessarily supposed to be the same exact height all the time, right?

You might just be taking the heights a little too literally. Unless, of course, they are WAY off (and obvious to anyone).

You guys do realize that just because an actor is a certain height that their character onscreen is not necessarily supposed to be the same exact height all the time, right

You might just be taking the heights a little too literally. Unless, of course, they are WAY off (and obvious to anyone).

True.. and that's definitely taken into account. Good point. I doubt you'll ever see anyone saying the same thing about like a Hobbit etc. But in this case the Predator IS suppose to be KPH height and if you want to get technical, possibly even taller than that. That's one of the main reasons Kevin Peter Hall was hired along with his previous acting in suits (Harry and the Hendersons). Stan Winston wanted a physically imposing and BIG monster. Mr. Thifty I believe already pointed out that in Predator, when P1 is holding Arnold against the tree and is eye level with him, there's a shot of Arnolds feet and you can see how much taller P1 is supposed to be.

It was one of the things I recall most vividly about watching Predator when I was a child. The size difference between Arnold and the Predator - Arnie, especially to a child, was this giant of a man and yet the Predator was somehow even bigger and a good deal so at that. So yeah for me its a damn shame the figures don't reflect that - particularly in light of the fact that as Devil pointed out even the older, taller predator figures are a little too short.

In any case, as I feel compelled to constantly repeat lest it bother people that I'm not just saying things like "COOL, AWESOME!!" every other post - I can't wait to get this figure, to pose him myself and check out his new LED feature.

Back