HT 14" Predator full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know as long as the P1 is some where close to the other Predators I really don't care if he's the shortest one. It doesn't make much scene for everyone of the Preds to be the exact same height, after all they're all different individual creatures.

And if the difference between P1 and Dutch is such an issue for some (and they are the same ones that have the issue with the long neck on Dutch), the neck fix for Dutch posted on the Dutch thread should increase the P1's height over him.

It doesn't make much scene for everyone of the Preds to be the exact same height, after all they're all different individual creatures.

I understand what you're saying and I agree.. but the problem is with the HT figures: Every single one that's been released so far IS the same exact height EXCEPT P1.

You know as long as the P1 is some where close to the other Predators I really don't care if he's the shortest one. It doesn't make much scene for everyone of the Preds to be the exact same height, after all they're all different individual creatures.

And if the difference between P1 and Dutch is such an issue for some (and they are the same ones that have the issue with the long neck on Dutch), the neck fix for Dutch posted on the Dutch thread should increase the P1's height over him.

Somewhat yes. As an unfortunate side-effect though it'll probably make Dutch even shorter than a few other HT figures he really ought to be taller than. Still I hope I'm able to pull off that little mod as his own proportions in and of himself are the priority. I've gotten myself so psyched about getting Dutch and Billy if they don't arrive tomorrow I'll be in one hell of a bad mood in work.

So from the jump the HT Preds are a little short and when you have a HT Pred who's even slightly shorter than that.. yeah it's something that's going to be talked about.
yeah they're basically to scale with medicom figures. which barely even come up to the ht pred shoulders.
wonder how the arnold head would look on a medicom body.

I'm just glad that this Predator is pre-assembled. I mean, how freakin' awesome is that?!?

2hf8cn6.jpg

That's awesome! I've had 6 Preds and all of them took quite a bit of time to put together. I'll be able to crack this one out of the box and put him on the shelf.:joy:joy

that's the best thing i've heard about this figure. no assembly = no breakage (probably).
i hope this thing sells like crazy so ht will figure out i'll pay a little extra $$ to not have the nerve-wracking headache of having to pop joints together for their damn fragile $150+ figures.

Predators and ALIENS figures were the only ones HT ever had to ship out unassembled, odds are, that was something to do with the licensing for those properties and with PREDATOR, the license may be different and allow them to send fully assembled figures.

I've gotten myself so psyched about getting Dutch and Billy if they don't arrive tomorrow I'll be in one hell of a bad mood in work.

...aaand guess what. :banghead :banghead

Sorry,this is one of those useless posts I mentioned earlier either in this thread or another one.

2hf8cn6.jpg

That's awesome! I've had 6 Preds and all of them took quite a bit of time to put together. I'll be able to crack this one out of the box and put him on the shelf.:joy:joy

Preasambled Predator is a great idea from hottoys because put together some of the old preds was a real pain in the ass (I had serious problems with P2 belt and Elder,s Shins).Besides,the box is smaller and the shipping rate is cheaper if you want to order this from Hong-Kong :D.

Pd: Machiko was preasembled too

...aaand guess what. :banghead :banghead

Sorry,this is one of those useless posts I mentioned earlier either in this thread or another one.

Do you get private post on a bank holiday in Ireland? I would have thought only commercial post would still be delivered on a national holiday. (Or maybe I know nothing about Ireland's national holiday's and it is a normal work day there).

There IS a solution to the"all the same height" problem.It's called'surgical adjustment'.Since they're all wearing armor, it's fairly easy to adjust the height.Cut the lower legs at mid-calf, add a section of sheet styrene(choose your own thickness),blend it in and you're set.Thanks to the armor you don't even have to re-paint!Works on the arms, too(one must maintain proper proportions, after all).My Scar and Celtic figures have both been"adjusted';the rest have enough variation in height naturally that I've not felt the need...PS

Do you get private post on a bank holiday in Ireland? I would have thought only commercial post would still be delivered on a national holiday. (Or maybe I know nothing about Ireland's national holiday's and it is a normal work day there).

Tis a normal work day here - well I always work bank holidays anyway but I hadn't heard we were due one.

However I just actually went to the bother of using my tracking number (which I've never done before) and it said my package only left Canada on Friday so I guess I should have expected it to take at least one more working day anyway.

I just can't help getting my hopes up.

Predators and ALIENS figures were the only ones HT ever had to ship out unassembled, odds are, that was something to do with the licensing for those properties and with PREDATOR, the license may be different and allow them to send fully assembled figures.

The ROBOCOP figures were kits as well.

I dont think so...

This is a change or marketing decision from Hottoys.Machiko was preassembled too and is part of the AVP franchise and all the AVP Preds were unassembled.
If we see more Hottoys Preds in the future I bet you they will be preassembled for sure.

I preffer the preassembled figures so far..I had very bad experience with Predator 2 belt because was too short and had to heat it in order to lengthen it and finally glued it.In the other hand The P2 Elder Left Shin..My god the shin piece doesnt fit properly even heat it with a hairdryer!!..Like I said A real pain in the ass :sick

This is a change or marketing decision from Hottoys.Machiko was preassembled too and is part of the AVP franchise and all the AVP Preds were unassembled.
But Machiko was never in a movie, right? So, maybe she wasn't a part of the licensing issues that kept the others from being released as "figures."

Maybe HT are now pre-assembling the preds because they got sick of people
contacting them for replacement parts.
Some people just cant assemble these things..:D

But Machiko was never in a movie, right? So, maybe she wasn't a part of the licensing issues that kept the others from being released as "figures."

She is,nt in the Movie but she is part of the AVP license..And I think that asseambled her would be more dificult than regular preds...Besides Hottoys had many complaints with the old pred kits and had to send many replacement for many defective parts.

I believe the decision do not depend on the license.Is Hottoys who decides how to sell the product.

Last edited:
What I was suggesting was that the license might only apply to characters from the films, not the comics, in which case you can explain why she was not a "kit" whereas the other Predators were.

The decision to release them initially as these kits was that they did not have the license to release those as "action figures," right? If the license had been modified so that this were not longer the case, I can't imagine HT deciding to continue to release these guys as kits unless they absolutely had to. Not that their sales would be affected much either way, but it could be a deterrent to someone buying, and certainly wouldn't look as nice in a Tokyo toy shop as if it was already put together, ready to go on someone's shelf.

Back