HT 14" Predator full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this figure at the Monsterpalooza convention in Burbank on Saturday. Great looking figure as a stand alone piece, but this Pred does look tiny compared to other Preds. His whole torso is smaller than Dutch's. That's bull^^^^. I will personally never be able to place them near each other. Only the legs and head give it slightly taller height. I almost cancelled my orders on this, but it still looks great on its own, and will be an excellent 'Shorty' for my Machiko from the AVP books.

Damn it, I just can't talk myself out of buying two of these. ^^^^ it all!

Im still trying to convince myself i dont need this pred. Dammit i might just have to toss a coin and hope i have enough money left in the bank.

I saw this figure at the Monsterpalooza convention in Burbank on Saturday. Great looking figure as a stand alone piece, but this Pred does look tiny compared to other Preds. His whole torso is smaller than Dutch's. That's bull^^^^. I will personally never be able to place them near each other. Only the legs and head give it slightly taller height. I almost cancelled my orders on this, but it still looks great on its own, and will be an excellent 'Shorty' for my Machiko from the AVP books.

Damn it, I just can't talk myself out of buying two of these. ^^^^ it all!

:banghead

Not cancelling but for heavens sake. Had to be this one didn't it.

I don't think its a height issue because i compared him today off him base standing full figure to the elder pred and lost and hes only a half an inch or so shorter when standing up, not a very noticeable difference at all.

What it is though and i think is what people are mentioning is that his body proportions are smaller then the other predators. As a standalone figure his proportions are actually way better then the other preds. Even when i stand him up against billy aka sonny landham who was listed as 6 3 in predator hes bigger then him height wise so i don't really see what the issue is. I prefer him at this size it for me gives him a much better proportioned look then the other clunky predators. Some people are comparing his torso to the arnie figure. I think even in the movie predator arnies torso was bigger then the predators. Kevin peter hall the guy who played predator his chest wasn't as big as arnies even in costume. People are forgetting how ripped arnold used to be.

Your never going to get a figure perfectly in scale compared to others. Even the p2 ht figures size is off the character seen in the movie when you compare him to other preds.

Last edited:
I don't think its a height issue because i compared him today off him base standing full figure to the elder pred and lost and hes only an inch or so shorter when standing up, not a very noticeable difference at all.

What it is though and i think is what people are mentioning is that his body proportions are smaller then the other predators. As a standalone figure his proportions are actually way better then the other preds. Even when i stand him up against billy aka sonny landham who was listed as 6 3 in predator hes bigger then him height wise so i don't really see what the issue is. I prefer him at this size it for me gives him a much better proportioned look then the other clunky predators. Some people are comparing his torso to the arnie figure. I think even in the movie predator arnies torso was bigger then the predators. Kevin peter hall the guy who played predator his chest wasn't as big as arnies even in costume. People are forgetting how ripped arnold used to be.

Your never going to get a figure perfectly in scale compared to others. Even the p2 ht figures size is off the character seen in the movie when you compare him to other preds.

I can certainly live with this. :D

ok so i placed the pred and billy aka sonny landhams figure next to each other standing full figure. Now hall is listed at 7'2 and landham 6'3. The results proportion wise are accurate to scale including the much maligned body proportion size argument which you can see from the pics the pred is much larger then the largest character in the movie height wise. Also his limbs are larger too and general size.

DSC00315.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

DSC00320.jpg

billypredside.jpg

billypredside.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

DSC00317.jpg

DSC00327.jpg

Given that private billy sole is taller then arnold albeit only slightly and the aspect height ratio is accurate with the models between predator and billy sole the problem lies with the arnie figure and the neck mod i.e the neck is simply too long on the arnie figure and needs to be reduced. The body torso argument also i believe arnold was ripped in predator and his torso is generally the same size if not larger then the predators but on height and general limb size, claws, head size the predator is larger.

Last edited:
Plus Billy and Dutch are wearing thick soled boots. Pred is barefoot. :D

Lets see a barefooted Dutch (was Mud Dutch barefoot?) standing next to Pred.

Last edited:
ok so i placed the pred and billy aka sonny landhams figure next to each other standing full figure. Now hall is listed at 7'2 and landham 6'3. The results proportion wise are accurate to scale including the much aligned body proportion size argument which you can see from the pics the pred is much larger then the largest character in the movie height wise. Also his limbs are larger too and general size.

DSC00315.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

DSC00320.jpg

billypredside.jpg

billypredside.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

DSC00317.jpg

DSC00327.jpg

Given that private billy sole is taller then arnold and the aspect height ratio is accurate with the models between predator and billy sole the problem lies with the arnie figure and the neck mod i.e the neck is simply too long on the arnie figure and needs to be reduced. The body torso argument also i believe arnold was ripped in predator and his torso is generally the same size if not larger then the predators but on height and general limb size, claws, head size the predator is larger.

Did Billy finally get a prom date? They look like they are dancing.:D

But seriously, from the pics that I have seen, P1, Billy, & Dutch look pretty much in scale with one another.

ok so i placed the pred and billy aka sonny landhams figure next to each other standing full figure. Now hall is listed at 7'2 and landham 6'3. The results proportion wise are accurate to scale including the much aligned body proportion size argument which you can see from the pics the pred is much larger then the largest character in the movie height wise. Also his limbs are larger too and general size.

ugh.. NO. I already explained this man.. try to follow along:

I think the height issue has to do with the fact that the HT preds aren't as big as they should be to begin with. Here's a pic I took of my BR Joker next to my P2 awhile ago:

watermark.php

Now imo I don't think that's an accurate depiction of the height difference that's supposed to be present between the two characters. Kevin Peter Hall was 7' 2" and Heath Ledger was like 6' 1" or 6' 2".

Here's some pics of Mirko Cro Cop (6' 2") vs. Hong Man Choi (7' 0")..

crocopvshmc.jpg

crocopvshmc2.jpg

And keep in mind: HMC is only 7' tall.. KPH was 7' 2" + the pred head which you can see here DOES add height:

predator_2_disc2-0.jpg

So from the jump the HT Preds are a little short and when you have a HT Pred who's even slightly shorter than that.. yeah it's something that's going to be talked about.

Kevin Peter Hall who played P1, P2 and the P2 elder was 7'2" but he was even taller with the Predator Head as you can see in the pic above. Hong Man Choi is 7' and Mirko Cro Cop is 6'2". Look at pics of them together.. and then tell me how you figure YOUR pics look anything like that size wise. And keep in mind, KPH in Predator gear would be even taller than Hong Man Choi, possibly 4 - 6 inches taller whereas Mirko Cro Cop and Billy (6'2" and 6'3") are relatively the same size. Look:

crocopvshmc.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

crocopvshmc2.jpg

DSC00327.jpg

:rolleyes: The P1 is short. I honestly have no idea why people keep pretending he's not. If it doesn't matter to you, fine. If it doesn't affect you liking the figure, fine. If you have to lie to yourself to look past the obvious height problem with the HT Predator 1 figure, hell I'm fine with that as well. But when people feel the need to then convince OTHERS.. when it's so obvious he's shorter is the part I don't get. Seriously.. :confused:

hong man choi is 7 2 the same as kevin peter hall was.. and billy landam was 6 3 - 6 4 as he lists himself not 6 2 in pred and there isn't really much difference with the height.

If its 85 - 95 per cent screen accurate thats good enough for me. Even the p2 figure is not accurate height wise if we are to compare them to their real life counterparts. That p2 figure posted has its mask on thus adding height to it and the bank robber joker figure is also shorter then the billy sole figure, plus hes looking down in the pic and pred 2 figure is looking up. If we compare the scale heights the billy figure is 6 4 as its a half inch taller then the bank robber joker figure.

The neck on the arnie figure is too long so if you reduce it he is shorter then the pred figure making him 6 1 which he was in predator. The pred's height is probably a little bit off but then again ht probably wanted it displayed with its base for height purposes. If you reduce the arnie neck length his height is pretty much around the 6 8 - 7 ft mark.

Last edited:
I just know if I were the 1/6th Billy in those pics I wouldn't be particularly intimidated by that Predator. I'd probably think I could take him.

sure billy could take that p2 figure too id be guessing if you placed them side by side. In fact billy is not far off eye level with the elder pred too. The only thing the elder pred has on the pred 1 figure is more headspace and a slightly longer torso. None of the ht pred figures are accurate height wise.

Last edited:
sure billy could take that p2 figure too id be guessing if you placed them side by side.

And P1 is shorter than that. Again.. ALL the HT Predator figures are too small (Which me and others have mentioned before). That's a known fact. But that doesn't change that the P1 is even SHORTER than that. All HT Predator figures to date have been 14" tall. Except P1. Why is that so hard to admit. Sweet Lord. :lol

sure billy could take that p2 figure too id be guessing if you placed them side by side.

Maybe but that only supports the argument that to go even shorter still with the P1 predator was lunacy, idiocy or at best an unfortunate decision made for reasons unclear to us.

I know I know :horse

by about a half inch. Big whoop. Oh no the sky is falling...lmao..

look in the end of the day its a kickass figure, it looks badass and yes great even when you place it by other figures. Like it for what it is. If you have the nagging feeling that everything needs to be 100 per cent perfect I got news for you, ht will let you down everytime as i've learnt to my cost. If it's 85 to 95 per cent perfect and leads to even more improvements in the future then so be it.

What you call lunacy ht, microsoft and other companies selling products may call economics. If they designed the perfect predator figure pretty much nobody would come back for more...get what im saying eh...eh...wink wink..nudge nudge..

Last edited:
by about a half inch. Big whoop. Oh no the sky is falling...lmao..

look in the end of the day its a kickass figure, it looks badass and yes great even when you place it by other figures. If you have the nagging feeling that everything needs to be 100 per cent perfect I got news for you, ht will let you down everytime. If it's 85 to 95 per cent perfect and leads to even more improvements in the future then so be it.

The reason this is a stand out problem is that the mistake they have made has never been made years before on basically the same figures just a different design.
Thats why its annoying people so much I would think.

Back