HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex. SSC PREORDERS Friday Aug 12, 10 am (Pacifi

Hmm due to some issues that has cropped up in my personal life, which have affected my hobby I'm having to pass the chance to PO this bugger. Maybe I can get it elsewhere, sometime... at the moment giving away some of my stuff (in trade only as I dont have Paypal). Already parting with the Enterbay GoD 3rd Edition on which I bust a lot of nerves to get to me...

Congrats to those who will be able to grab one :)

Re: HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex. SSC PREORDERS Friday Aug 12, 10 am (Pacifi

Hmm due to some issues that has cropped up in my personal life, which have affected my hobby I'm having to pass the chance to PO this bugger. Maybe I can get it elsewhere, sometime... at the moment giving away some of my stuff (in trade only as I dont have Paypal). Already parting with the Enterbay GoD 3rd Edition on which I bust a lot of nerves to get to me...

Aw, that's too bad. I'm sorry to hear that and I hope you're able to turn these tough times into good eventually. We've all been there one time or another. Keep your head up. I'm sure there will always be something in the future that interests you so don't despair. You might even be able to find this at a better price at a later date if it still holds as much of your interest later. Things tend to lose importance over time and it might end up being something you're happy you passed on. Who knows, maybe it will be someday soon that there's a better alternative offered.

Shame. Hope things get better soon, bud. :(

Aw, that's too bad. I'm sorry to hear that and I hope you're able to turn these tough times into good eventually. We've all been there one time or another. Keep your head up. I'm sure there will always be something in the future that interests you so don't despair. You might even be able to find this at a better price at a later date if it still holds as much of your interest later. Things tend to lose importance over time and it might end up being something you're happy you passed on. Who knows, maybe it will be someday soon that there's a better alternative offered.

Shame. Hope things get better soon, bud. :(

Thanks for your kind words guys :)
I kinda get what it really feels like when all those FS threads where the seller used to say 'Sorry to let these go, but family is a priority' etc etc
Its just a matter of shuffling your priorities. One thing I learnt from the hobby is that if you really want something and you miss out the first time... you will get the chance to own it again and also things will just fall in place!

P.S BTW Nam Please scalp the crap out of this release, So that I can make you rich later :lol

Last edited:

I'm really sorry to hear about your current situation.
Now, not to sound like one of those bad temptations that hang on one shoulder, but maybe you should PO this since there is no penalty for cancelling at all. You have plenty of time anyway cause it won't be released soon and usually you get a good amount of time when SS finally announce when they will charge your card.

Now, indeed times are tough at the moment so I can fully understand if you pass. It is the most responsible way to go.

I'm just making a suggestion cause I was in the same shoes a couple of years ago. I remember sitting there staring at my collection and was wondering which one to let go first. I was fortunate though that things turned around quickly for me and it actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

You just never know. Maybe by the time this gets released, your in a better situation. At least you have it already on PO. If not, you can still cancel with no penalty.

I'm really sorry to hear about your current situation.
Now, not to sound like one of those bad temptations that hang on one shoulder, but maybe you should PO this since there is no penalty for cancelling at all. You have plenty of time anyway cause it won't be released soon and usually you get a good amount of time when SS finally announce when they will charge your card.

Now, indeed times are tough at the moment so I can fully understand if you pass. It is the most responsible way to go.

I'm just making a suggestion cause I was in the same shoes a couple of years ago. I remember sitting there staring at my collection and was wondering which one to let go first. I was fortunate though that things turned around quickly for me and it actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

You just never know. Maybe by the time this gets released, your in a better situation. At least you have it already on PO. If not, you can still cancel with no penalty.

I may be wrong, I have never ordered from sideshow before, but what I got from the news letter if not taking the flexi plan you will be paying straight up the full amount for the Preorder. I hope I'm wrong as I had $350 put away for this but will have to leave it now as a bill came through that I was expecting, just my luck. If I am wrong great news and bring on the onslaught. Come on I know you guys will have something to say abouit it. You first, Nam

I may be wrong, I have never ordered from sideshow before, but what I got from the news letter if not taking the flexi plan you will be paying straight up the full amount for the Preorder. I hope I'm wrong as I had $350 put away for this but will have to leave it now as a bill came through that I was expecting, just my luck. If I am wrong great news and bring on the onslaught. Come on I know you guys will have something to say abouit it. You first, Nam

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/ministry.php?&ref=topnav-ministry

When will you charge my card?
Sideshow Collectibles will charge your credit card for your order when the item(s) becomes available to ship to you.

IN-STOCK ITEMS
Customers who place orders for in-stock product during Sideshow Collectibles’ business hours Monday- Friday, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm (PT) should expect their card to be charged within 48 hours of placing their order.

PRE-ORDER ITEMS
Please remember that Pre-Ordered items may not arrive into our warehouse for many weeks or months after you place your initial order. Once they arrive into our warehouse, we will begin to process your order and charge your purchase to your credit card on file. These customers generally receive courtesy Product Arrival e-mail updates and credit card Processing Alert emails, prior to their item leaving our warehouse. However, it is the customer’s responsibility to monitor their e-mail, our newsletter and our web site for the arrival date of their product into our warehouse.

The Newsletter just mention the two option, one full payment or 3 payment thru Flex Pay, it doesn't say when you will be charged. But Sideshow's Help page does. You don't pay till it's in stock.

Customer service told me you don't pay until it ships. They just do a hold on the amount a few days before the ship to make sure you have the funds. The amount is finally withdrawn when it does ship.

it really is amazing how many people have never ordered from SS....and yeah Wham....what was their other hit?

nevermind....
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8gmARGvPlI"]Wham! - Last Christmas - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry to hear that. I've had that happen before. It's no fun. Hopefully things get better :duff

I um...actually don't mind Last Christmas. I sort of find it to be one of the more relaxing songs that come out of the holidays.

WOW. This thread has gone out of control and off topic. I came here after I saw the newsletter to get some info on this figure but I was faced with page after page of people arguing/complaining about scalpers and noobs who don't know what PPO stands for.

I am on the side of really wanting this bloody awesome figure to display (not sell). I've seen this figure for $500-$700 on eBay because of its inclusivity so 225$ is a fu#$in amazing price. But I must ask: How much does SSC charge on postage and when does this figure ship (or more likely, when must flexpay be completed)?

We've been told that the figure will ship around Spooktacular (end of October).

Shipping depends on your location and certainly for the UK is a little expensive and there are custom charges to pay BUT you get SSC customer service and you get it quick.

how have we gone from Batman to XMAS????? :thud:

WOW. This thread has gone out of control and off topic. I came here after I saw the newsletter to get some info on this figure but I was faced with page after page of people arguing/complaining about scalpers and noobs who don't know what PPO stands for.

I am on the side of really wanting this bloody awesome figure to display (not sell). I've seen this figure for $500-$700 on eBay because of its inclusivity so 225$ is a fu#$in amazing price. But I must ask: How much does SSC charge on postage and when does this figure ship (or more likely, when must flexpay be completed)?

It's essentially a re-release of OC Bats - I'm certainly not getting too much wood over the price of this, $225 is outrageously high IMO. But yeh, SS shipping is pretty good for Aus buyers. I can't say for sure but I'd guess around $25-30 tops for shipping with no pack-out (extra packaging that adds to shipping cost).

Considering they took the exact same Mark IV, painted it grey, then shorted us some extras, slapped an EX sticker on it,and then charged us an extra $35....I can def understand how Hot Toys does things.

Thanks Lejuan and harmony. I know that it is a high price but I was comparing it to the price of the ebay version that amazingly people have bought. I reckon it looks brilliant. Christian Bale is one of my favorite actors and I would prefer a batman over the cut mouth joker (I want the '89 joker though).

I really want to know the exact shipping date cause I would have to put this on flexpay and I dont want a month of flexpay and then have to pay whats left the next month. This will be my first buy of sideshow if I end up getting it so im unsure about costs and wether there efficiant

Thanks Lejuan and harmony. I know that it is a high price but I was comparing it to the price of the ebay version that amazingly people have bought. I reckon it looks brilliant. Christian Bale is one of my favorite actors and I would prefer a batman over the cut mouth joker (I want the '89 joker though).

I really want to know the exact shipping date cause I would have to put this on flexpay and I dont want a month of flexpay and then have to pay whats left the next month. This will be my first buy of sideshow if I end up getting it so im unsure about costs and wether there efficiant

Even at $225 + shipping it'll still be a lot less than what I paid for OC Bats a while back, so I can't whine about the price :lol

Not quite with you on the flexpay dilemma :dunno

Yeah I wasn't a collector back then nor would I have had the money for a hot toys back then. I hope sideshow will release some furthur information before the PPO starts. Im used to waiting long periods of time for my collectibles since usually I have to buy overseas (Im still waiting for Scarface) so I dont care how long shipping would take just as long as it gets to my place in one piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back