HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

mjdisplay.jpg

crap...i want that nicholson joker!!!:horror

the mj looks pretty cool too! :D

Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

Okay everyone, thanks to Pedro for his somewhat basic-tutorial on how to customize the Michael Jackson head sculpt, I managed to do a somewhat decent job on mine. I wish it looked better than this to be honest, but I'll wait and see what everyone else thinks...

mjdisplay2.jpg
mjdisplay.jpg
michaeljacksondisplay.jpg

Ups man! I honestly think it doesn't look so good...maybe because of the dark pic, but the paint in the eyes looks flat!...sorry man! That's why I decided to do not attempt any make over! I will keep it the way it is!

Yeah, I know. Thanks for being honest, it wasn't that great to me either, I think the skin was a little too dark which is why the make-up and the eyes looked flat. I did some touch-ups this morning, it looks better to me now, but still not as good as Pedro's...

mjdispay.jpg
mjdisplay1.jpg

Perhaps, it can also be the the poor lighting in my room...never seems to do any of my displays justice. They only seem to come out good when you're not attempting to take a picture of them; like my Jack Nicholson Joker...which does look fantastic in the background, btw :lol

mjhead.jpg
mjavat.jpg

Nonetheless, I'll definitely take it into consideration to re-painting the eyes, I believe I put too many coats which is why they look as though they have a rather non-life like look to them.

Last edited:

Ups man! I honestly think it doesn't look so good...maybe because of the dark pic, but the paint in the eyes looks flat!...sorry man! That's why I decided to do not attempt any make over! I will keep it the way it is!

that mj looks horrible ok u people think u can out master hottoys lol its hottoys

And of course, that's all that matters. I think I will stick with the stock head, though. My skills couldn't improve on that.

It's not perfect, but I really tried to nail his likeness to the best of my ability. In the end, I came close, others say it looks terrible. But as mentioned before, in person, it does look considerably like the cute and innocent MJ from 83'.

mjthrillerz.jpg
mjthrillera.jpg
mjsculpt.jpg

Last edited:

Joey, I think it has great likeness to MJ!

Joey, I think it has great likeness to MJ!

Thanks, Drunkman! I just wish it looked a little better...I'm deciding whether or not I should sell it at this point...not because of profiting or anything like that, but because I'm not sure if I wanted this MJ as much as I thought I did when it was originally announced. I always wanted the Billie Jean figure. The Thriller version is cool, but you either like it because of the Zombie figure, or because of the regular MJ figure, and I bought it because I wanted the regular "black" MJ version so I could dress it in a Billie Jean, Grammy, or AMA attire; which kind of defeats the whole purpose of owning the entire Thriller figure. But you can't remove the socks from the shoes so you can't even make use of any sparkling sequin socks. I was originally going to make the American Music Awards MJ, but I've changed my mind since...too much work in terms of the costume design.

Still, I think a Billie Jean outfit would go great with my MJ figure, if I can't find a pair of the black shoes, or somehow find a way to remove the socks, I'll just sell the entire figure and wait for a future MJ figure release. I bet they'll release the Motown Anniversary Michael Jackson with a much better head sculpt, a real sequin glove, shiny shirts, the works, etc. I would be both overjoyed, and somewhat annoyed considering I payed so much for the Thriller figure, and all the other accessories I've accumulated for all other 1/6 MJ projects. But if there's one thing I've learned from collecting there is never a "definitive" of something, so that should tell someone...stop collecting, or you'll never stop collecting!!:D

Joey, I think your repaint goes in the right way. As advice, I would relocate the eyes more to the left, like the cover, and more dark brown paint in the upper lip and more light in the bottom one and you'll get perfect. For me is evident that he looks more like Mj than before ;)

I agree with u Restaurajones, it looks more like MJ but he needs to smooth the paint application...he is wearing too much make up in his cheeks and u need to fix those flat eyes!

I liked their Smooth Criminal one MUCH better.

This one ...is ridiculously overpriced, just because of the new clothing which doesn't even look that impressive...it's gonna cost that much? sigh..

https://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Custom-Mic...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3efc40be57

Yep,
what a tool... :lol
"A fool and his money are soon parted"

I don't have any issue with what anyone sells on eBay (so long as they aren't casting heads they didn't create or doing something else equally unethical), or particularly, with what they want to charge for it. Why hate on the seller for trying to take advantage of some dope? That's a big part of the free market economy!

looks much better to me mate. :duff

not bad! it looks better then before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back