HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

P1310495.jpg

-Joe

Thats Michael Jackson
smile_clap.gif

Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

Good news everyone!

I pulled an all-nighter and finally finished repainting my Michael Jackson Thriller head...again. Of course this time the repaint won't disappoint, I guarantee that. This time there were hardly any mistakes, and it's definitely going to please a lot of you. All I have to do now is get some sleep:lol

I'll be posting pics tomorrow if I can!!

If i have to be honest...i don't really find it all that much to be looking like Michael, especially not the eyes.

hehe, I can not stop :lol I repaint my repaint :D I am obsessed by the look in thriller as it is unique compared to other appearances and videos in the same era.

4319216132_b69a5a7e8d_o.jpg

4319216250_157646c310_o.jpg

4319216420_5c080af47d_o.jpg

Here's my custom head I resculpted. Sorry for the junk pics, but I couldn't get the lighting to work with my crappy digi cam. I'll have better pics up tomorrow with better lighting during the day.

Some flaws on the sculpt but I still like how it came out.

P1310482.jpg

P1310495.jpg

P1310499.jpg

-Joe

Amazing Joe,!!
Wow!!! :rock!!!

hehe, I can not stop :lol I repaint my repaint :D I am obsessed by the look in thriller as it is unique compared to other appearances and videos in the same era.

Dude!!!
Stop it, I want to modify mine so bad each time I see your pics!!!
:D

Here's a better pic with better lighting.

P1310503.jpg

P1310504.jpg

P1310505.jpg

If anyone's interested in a copy, hit me up!

Thanks for the kind comments everyone!

-Joe

Last edited:

OKAY, THAT'S IT!!! I'm done! I'll never be able to make mine look like that Pedro, that looks JUST LIKE MICHAEL :horror

Thanks Joey. ;) you don't know all I suffer with this work. I am very obsessed with achieving the goal that I intend in all my projects. From here I encourage you to follow and follow each job better:joy

Looks good Joe, the resculpted head is better than the forced smile head from hot toys. Maybe I should have emphasized more the muscles on both sides of the mouth, very characteristic of Michael

Awesome reworks! Makes me want to get one & do a redo of my own! I had promised myself I'd just get the parts for a zombie version.

My goodness, if HT made theirs like yours, I would have been all over it!!! Wonderful job!

Thanks again, guys for the comments.

TO Restaurajones: Very nice work. Just some minor touches to the sculpt and a better paint job really bring out the sculpt.

Here's another shot of mine:

P2010508.jpg

-Joe

I don't meant to criticise but when I look at that it looks like one eye is a little off. One eye seems noticeably bigger than the other. Or maybe it's just me?

The eyebrows also look a little off to me, with the inner part of his left eyebrow being thicker than on the right. It looks like that in every photo but it might be just lighting/shadow, I'm thinking.

Other than that, all seems to be looking good to me.

Awesome work guys, Jones, that is sick, it really looks like an 'art'work so to speak, of micheal jackson, like it's been hand made. Looks great

I don't meant to criticise but when I look at that it looks like one eye is a little off. One eye seems noticeably bigger than the other. Or maybe it's just me?

The eyebrows also look a little off to me, with the inner part of his left eyebrow being thicker than on the right. It looks like that in every photo but it might be just lighting/shadow, I'm thinking.

Other than that, all seems to be looking good to me.

Actually, critiques always helps. Yeah, the left eye is a bit off. Also, the symmetry on the mouth is off too. I plan on re-working that on the 1.5 head (along with the hair and a few other things, so I can make it more of a regular 82-85 Thriller era MJ head).

On the eye brow, I actually repainted it right I saw the pic. I tried fixing the picture with my art program.

Thanks for the comments. ;)

-Joe

Actually, critiques always helps. Yeah, the left eye is a bit off. Also, the symmetry on the mouth is off too. I plan on re-working that on the 1.5 head (along with the hair and a few other things, so I can make it more of a regular 82-85 Thriller era MJ head).

On the eye brow, I actually repainted it right I saw the pic. I tried fixing the picture with my art program.

Thanks for the comments. ;)

-Joe

It turned out great! Any chances of offering casts of your next rework?

Okay everyone, I actually managed to finish my Michael Jackson American Music Awards figure but it didn't come out as great as I expected it to, don't get me wrong, I love the glove, but overall I don't like the outfit so much...so I'm going to probably auction off the entire figure including the head sculpt so I can buy a new slim body and start over again, this time with a Billie Jean outfit. Let me know you think of it, I know everyone will love the glove!

mjama.jpg
mjglove.jpg
mjamahead.jpg

I won a HT Thriller figure finally! $164 shipped. Pretty good, right?

That is an exceptional price. I paid $190ish for one about a week ago, which was the best I found on eBay, but didn't read the fine print on the auction (saying it was a pre-order). Now, more waiting. . . :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back