HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

Man...a great improvement!! Now it looks way much better!!!...congrats!!

Thanks for the positive feedback, I guess some things need to be done OVER AND OVER again, until they're done correctly. But if I could, I would only choose to do one repaint instead of twenty the next time :lol

Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

Thanks for the positive feedback, I guess some things need to be done OVER AND OVER again, until they're done correctly. But if I could, I would only choose to do one repaint instead of twenty the next time :lol

are you using straight up white on the eyes? if so, you may want to add a touch of grey or blue. real eyes aren't really white. i usually go even a little darker on the whites of the eyes at this scale as it will still looker lighter.

Bad news I'm afraid...seems as though I'm back to my Obsessive Compulsive antics again...just as I've done with my Joker sculpt in the past, I couldn't stop adding touch ups to my MJ head, and now I may have gone too far when it was just right. I guess it will take a few days to make up for my foolishness...I was SOOO CLOSE TOO!!:banghead

Sorry to hear that dude...
I still don't know if I want to mess with mine...
I might get an extra head to do so...

yeah, I may try to get my hands on another Thriller MJ head, but then again they go for a lot of money at the moment, it would be overkill, considering Hot Toys will probably end up releasing a better head sculpt in the near future anyway, so I say why even bother?

And that listing says it comes with "White sock" so the buyer can't get all mad when he finds only half the pair is included.

I have one on order of the Thriller and my only gripe is that there was any sculpted facial hair at all. The way every photo and shot looks of him looks to be smooth skin around the mouth. I don't know why they did that.

I looked back at some of the customs and they look better than the Hot Toys head sculpt. I'm convinced enough to cancel my order. I'm on flexpay via Sideshow, but that's okay. I don't want to pay full price for this version. I'd rather wait to see a DX one come with improved head they it should look.

Last edited:

And that listing says it comes with "White sock" so the buyer can't get all mad when he finds only half the pair is included.

I have one on order of the Thriller and my only gripe is that there was any sculpted facial hair at all. The way every photo and shot looks of him looks to be smooth skin around the mouth. I don't know why they did that.

I looked back at some of the customs and they look better than the Hot Toys head sculpt. I'm convinced enough to cancel my order. I'm on flexpay via Sideshow, but that's okay. I don't want to pay full price for this version. I'd rather wait to see a DX one come with improved head they it should look.

michael%20jackson%20thriller.jpg

:dunno

Now, this a great picture for reference...I think I'm going to strip the head sculpt and start from scratch again, pains me though, considering the hours I put into perfecting it as it is, but you gotta do whatever it takes!

Finally got MJ earlier today, and it was worth the wait! :rock Both sculpts are great, and the regular head looks much better in person, IMO. The only bad thing about these figures is picking a pose. :lol I'll probably be changing them every week. I won't be happy with just one. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Finally got MJ earlier today, and it was worth the wait! :rock Both sculpts are great, and the regular head looks much better in person, IMO. The only bad thing about these figures is picking a pose. :lol I'll probably be changing them every week. I won't be happy with just one. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Agree with you! I picked the zombie Jackson to display it and I just change its pose everytime I see it! It is great!! I will display MJ when my second body arrives!

Here's some pics, and after looking at them, I can say that these figures look way better in person. But that's mostly due to my photo taking skills. :lol

Picture635.jpg

Picture639.jpg

Picture643.jpg

Picture644.jpg

Picture647.jpg

Picture649.jpg

Picture650.jpg

Picture651.jpg

Picture652.jpg

Human face looks terrible.
Some smiley plumpy f..kness with small eyes. Brrrrr.....

Here's my custom head I resculpted. Sorry for the junk pics, but I couldn't get the lighting to work with my crappy digi cam. I'll have better pics up tomorrow with better lighting during the day.

Some flaws on the sculpt but I still like how it came out.

P1310482.jpg

P1310495.jpg

P1310499.jpg

-Joe

Joe, the resculpted head is fantastic. You have modified the few things I would change in the original head. I like the second pic because I can see more MJ likenness without the shadows from the light.

Good job!! ;)

Got mine..This figure is fantastic even without the mods...I need a truetype for the Zombie.

Who's bad? :D

531742ce.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back