HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

My order from Alter Ego just processed :rock :rock :rock

Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

Mine should be here today by 5pm with my HT Wolverine as well. Gonna be a good night!

What a great set of figures!

SDC12418.jpg

SDC12413.jpg

SDC12408.jpg

SDC12416.jpg

Looks like MJ will be here on the 22nd :rock

Mines should be here tomorrow got from sideshow toys

Still mad that a lot of other buyers are getting their MJ Thriller figures for nothing more than $70-$100 a piece (with shipping included), when the ones who pre-ordered the figure originally in Fall of 2009 thought it would be a valuable collector's item and shelled out $200 for one ahead of time to avoid paying more for the figure in the future, seeing on how it was supposedly going to be a "rare" collectible....what a crock. I can't wait to see what Hot Toys dishes out the fans next!

I think the cheaper auctions you are seeing are a bit deceptive, because they are only for one half of the figure. For example:

https://cgi.ebay.com/Michael-Jackso...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2558d5cd9f

No zombie parts.

Not that this still isn't a great deal, but those paying $175-200 for him are getting the 2-in-1 deal minus a true type body.

This one from same seller as above is a genuinely good deal, but people are probably put off by the shipping cost and fact that it is not located in the U.S.

https://cgi.ebay.com/Michael-Jackso...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2558bd7632

Having said all that, unless this figure is absolutely flooding the market, I think it is going to retain its value pretty well in the long run. And I personally thought it was well worth the $190 or whatever I paid to get it shipped to me.

Still mad that a lot of other buyers are getting their MJ Thriller figures for nothing more than $70-$100 a piece (with shipping included), when the ones who pre-ordered the figure originally in Fall of 2009 thought it would be a valuable collector's item and shelled out $200 for one ahead of time to avoid paying more for the figure in the future, seeing on how it was supposedly going to be a "rare" collectible....what a crock. I can't wait to see what Hot Toys dishes out the fans next!

As karamazov80 mentioned, those auctions are for half the figure...
I bought it because it was an amazing Mj collectible, not because it would be rare, it's obvious it wasn't going to be, due to MJ's passing.
Not a single Mj product released after his death will be rare... companies will cash in on that.
HT did it with The Joker, and is doing it again with MJ.
I don't mind because it's a company I like a lot, and were one of the few who would dare to pay the man some respect before his passing.

Think of it as an oportunity to pick up a second to customize at a really great price. Thats what I'm doing!:cool:

And a way that if you only want one version of MJ you can get a single figure for a reasonable price.

I think the cheaper auctions you are seeing are a bit deceptive, because they are only for one half of the figure. For example:

https://cgi.ebay.com/Michael-Jackso...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2558d5cd9f

No zombie parts.

Not that this still isn't a great deal, but those paying $175-200 for him are getting the 2-in-1 deal minus a true type body.

This one from same seller as above is a genuinely good deal, but people are probably put off by the shipping cost and fact that it is not located in the U.S.

https://cgi.ebay.com/Michael-Jackso...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2558bd7632

Having said all that, unless this figure is absolutely flooding the market, I think it is going to retain its value pretty well in the long run. And I personally thought it was well worth the $190 or whatever I paid to get it shipped to me.

NO. It's for the whole figure, and I'm really upset because I bought it from this exact seller, too! this is just one of the many auctions that have sold for under $100. You would think someone would bid them up like the damn Pre-orders before they were even released, but No, I get ripped off, and I had to wait four months for mine to arrive.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170437273279&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

Check the fine print there, though:

"( original red jacket and pants) + Black Shoes Socks (Zombie Head and Zombie Suits are not included!)"

Anyone here have the Sideshow exclusive Hot Toys Godfather figure? I was curious as to how the hat supplied with the Godfather would look on MJ. A pic would really be appreciated if possible. Thanks in advance!

Not really. We don't know the stage of development for this figure, and when they plan on releasing it. Could come in a couple weeks, might not come for several months, and in a worse-case scenario, it might not come at all! However, I would guess "soon." They will probably want to capitalize on the MJ interest before too much time has passed since his death.

Maybe , but still the first two MJ figures were made when he was still alive, so i don't know if we can call it capitalizing from Hot Toys' part.

Well, the Thriller figure might have been in development prior to his death, but it was not announced until afterword, suggesting to me that they got off their butts with it and rushed to get him prepared as soon as possible following his death (otherwise, I figure we would have seen it sooner).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging them on this. They have the license, they are a business, and they want to make money. If they wait too long, interest in MJ is going to keep going down and so will their profit margin. So, the rational thing to do would be to get the Bad figure out ASAP.

Right now, I just wish they could do a second run of the Billie Jean figure. I'd like to own it, but the prices are just too outrageous to even consider it in the secondary market.

here's mines...
MJ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back