InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not asking for perfection, I'm asking for a detail that every other figure got right, even a 6" Mattel figure. I don't really care about a shield being 5% too small or the boots being 2mm too high. That's all subjective and a waste of time debating it. But adding details that aren't there and EVERY other company that made a figure got right? That's a big no from me.
I get it. I understand. I just want us all to have fun. And it sucks when you’re excited and you come to discuss and it’s a poop show in the threads.

Anways, my order number starts with 121xxx, I ordered minute 1.

Unless you're able to change the joints used or the arms themselves, that's just how it will be. Maybe you can stuff some cut out sponge, foam or something but that kills the articulation.

What I'm noticing now under certain lighting and angles is how angular the inner chest shape is. It affects the silhouette of the insignia.
Yeah for sure. I do plan on modding and chroming over the upper joint (on the bicep side) which will limit the articulation to just 90 degrees, instead of the double bend, but will fix the big dark gap in the lower bicep.

What bothers me a fair bit is when stuff is clearly and blatantly wrong and people are fine with it and want others to be ok wit

What bothers me a fair bit is when stuff is clearly and blatantly wrong and people are fine with it and want others to be ok with it too.
when it's still way better than it's ever been .... ???

Don't even know what people are talking about, they say suit details are OBVIOUSLY wrong but I'm looking at pictures and nothing sticks out at me as obvious.

Found crack on the suit in Jedha Patrol review. I hate my eyes, first thing I see are defects. That's why I get multiples of my fav characters.
meh.PNG

You’re never going to happy with anything you buy because nothing it perfect. You might as well either start buying statues or go for custom projects. These things are mass produced and will reflect that. It’s toys, let it go and have fun.
Statues are typically far from perfect as well, have a larger footprint, are pricey and would be a nightmare for storage. Whether that’s the large boxes or the heavy statues themselves. You have to be much more mindful in how they are stored.

I read someone here has 10k in final payments on PO for the month, largely due to statues. I personally can’t spend that much in a month for factory paintwork and the possibility of QC issues, no matter how many PO of mine make up that total. Not much customization to be had on a statue, just hope the company nails it for you. At 1:3 scale and up, it’s much harder to live with likeness issues and costume inaccuracies.

For the most part I agree about custom work,
but even then that has its misses.
People shouldn’t collect in hopes that progress stops with the figure they decide on bringing into the collection, whether that be mass production or custom.

To me, it’s not that I expect perfection out of the box. What I do expect at the very least is an appropriate amount of a base to work with. I’m perfectly fine adjusting things to be more accurate so long as it’s possible, I do it to anything that enters the collection, stock is boring.

Here the joints and underlying body they chose makes the suit look cheap due to how thin the material is, in comparison to the older HT version.

Everything else here is obviously superior
and no one ever denied that.
You shouldn’t see that level of indentation on the shield in any light or angle. Simply the wrong material choice on their part.

IMG_4591.jpeg

The glyphs being incorrectly placed,
how does one go about fixing that?

The drop from proto sculpt to final is upsetting to people, which is understandable. They were on the money regarding Cavill’s likeness before production started. In fact I believed it to be their best likeness to date.

Last edited:
when it's still way better than it's ever been .... ???
You're competing in the Olympics. You're in 1st place and on track for a new WR. You trip at the last hurdle. You still win, but you didn't make that new WR that would have made you part of a small Elite. Eh, nevermind. You still got gold.

Not getting that WR because of a silly little mistake would eat away at me for the rest of my life!

Consumer rights ! that’s not the same figure what I ordered.
Also what’s with the tan around the eyes on the released version ?

Consumer rights ! that’s not the same figure what I ordered.
Also what’s with the red around the eyes on the released version ?

* Item shown is a prototype. When shipped, the final production piece may differ in appearance.

There's always a drop in quality from proto to production though. And that eye posed slightly wonkey isn't helping.

He must have wore them down enough they finally caved 🤣
I thought Dean mentioned (at the beginning of the review) that Justin put in a good word for him to get into the InArt influencer batch.

Might have misheard - i was multitasking and usually play all my YouTube videos at 2x speed.

Back