InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think all batches will look great, actually. My main and really only point is that this figures sculpt requires a side eye to get more of the likeness out of it.

Because looking straight forward, it not only loses likeness but kinda looks stupid af.

Remember when I was saying 3rd batch Arthur is no where near the 1st and 2nd? Everyone said it's ok but it's really not. Now you know how I felt :ROFLMAO:

I truly understand how you feel bro. I body switched and head swapped my 3rd batch Arthur just because the lack of detail that wasn't working for me...

Though, this sculpt of Superman is truly out of this world to someone like me who just watched the movie twice and likes Henry as Superman.
what's this about third batch? did the quality dip?

I mean, the domestic US Collectibles market has/will continue to dry up. They're kinda of in a bad spot. Nobody is buying US based toys anymore. For multiple reasons that I won't get into.

BBTS bread and butter is US based toy companies product...

That's a good point, didn't think about it that way :unsure: . I've noticed it's usually their Japanese products that are marked up by a lot.

That's a good point, didn't think about it that way :unsure: . I've noticed it's usually their Japanese products that are marked up by a lot.
Yeah, they import it like we'd buy it from AmiAmi ourselves. Then give the tax. Then give another "trusted US seller" tax. Then a "isn't this more convenient than dealing with Japanese websites?" tax.

Before you know it, you just paid $130 for $60 import.

Speaking in terms of figs/companies I'm personally familiar with. Mafex/SHF ect.

Back when I collected 1/12 scale.

Last edited:
The video above shows some damage as well. Looks like that suit is gonna be a bit fragile.

View attachment 727944

View attachment 727945
It's not a damage, it's bad manufacturing/QC because the boots are sticking onto the overlaps of the suit without smoothing it out first.

I'm unsure if the boots can be removed to smooth out the suit but will have to see if others have similar issues. Suit wise seems pretty durable because the reviewer has played with the suit quite a bit before shooting the video.

Remember when I was saying 3rd batch Arthur is no where near the 1st and 2nd? Everyone said it's ok but it's really not. Now you know how I felt :ROFLMAO:

I truly understand how you feel bro. I body switched and head swapped my 3rd batch Arthur just because the lack of detail that wasn't working for me...

Though, this sculpt of Superman is truly out of this world to someone like me who just watched the movie twice and likes Henry as Superman.
Yes I remember I even pulled out my figures for the comparison and remember some paint details were toned down on the latest batch, eyes had missing extra light blue circles in the irises and some skin textures were also gone.lol That’s what I am talking about here and ppl act like I’m crazy lol small details make a huge difference in the end. Sculpt looks still great and I’m excited for it, but it doesn’t look as great as it was presented before. Body is another story, while it looks good it doesn’t capture Henry’s physique well, they took 0 feedback. I have got 4 and that’s probably why I’m as furious lol

I will drop one very good thing about this figure that not many have talked about...they actually managed to the avoid the terrible ankle bunge that HT ignored for 3 straight releases.

1727316866023.png

I will drop one very good thing about this figure that not many have talked about...they actually managed to the avoid the terrible ankle bunge that HT ignored for 3 straight releases.

View attachment 728074
Literally the least of the issues imo. Absolutely not even on the radar, even at $400. Not even worth mentioning. Idk, I'm weird.

Yes I remember I even pulled out my figures for the comparison and remember some paint details were toned down on the latest batch, eyes had missing extra light blue circles in the irises and some skin textures were also gone.lol That’s what I am talking about here and ppl act like I’m crazy lol small details make a huge difference in the end. Sculpt looks still great and I’m excited for it, but it doesn’t look as great as it was presented before. Body is another story, while it looks good it doesn’t capture Henry’s physique well, they took 0 feedback. I have got 4 and that’s probably why I’m as furious lol
Out of curiosity, why 4?

I disagree. The first pic is clearly damaged/flawed. But you do you.

IMG_7261.png

It's not a damage, it's bad manufacturing/QC because the boots are sticking onto the overlaps of the suit without smoothing it out first.

I'm unsure if the boots can be removed to smooth out the suit but will have to see if others have similar issues. Suit wise seems pretty durable because the reviewer has played with the suit quite a bit before shooting the video.

What do ya figure a batch is, number-wise.

For this particular figure. Anyone hazard a guess?

I'll say.. 500? Nah it's gotta be like a thousand more. This is Cavill Supes

Ok. 1500?

The logistics is insane if you think about it.

Last edited:
Depends on how many they sold. I'd wager that this probably has a bigger per batch size since the only rooted hair that they did was the stupid curl.

To compare, Kit said that all the Harry Potter standard editions will be completed with just one single batch. Which is due to the lower preorder amount that Harry got. I imagine this figure isn't up there in preorder amount either the same way Batman, Gandalf and Aragorn was. Maybe @Kit Chen can confirm what the preorder amount roughly is.

Depends on how many they sold. I'd wager that this probably has a bigger per batch size since the only rooted hair that they did was the stupid curl.

To compare, Kit said that all the Harry Potter standard editions will be completed with just one single batch. Which is due to the lower preorder amount that Harry got. I imagine this figure isn't up there in preorder amount either the same way Batman, Gandalf and Aragorn was. Maybe @Kit Chen can confirm what the preorder amount roughly is.
Nice food for thought here.

Thank you. And well said.

I'll end this topic here. Nothing is gained from it.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Just watched Jheda’s review and while I think it’s my favorite of the reviews for this figure so far, I’m glad he mentioned the hand swapping issue. I definitely agree with him that the hands should not be made of such hard plastic that you have to use a hair dryer or heat gun each time you want to swap them out.

Without a doubt this will be an amazing superman in hand though I hope InArt learns how to deal with QC better. The suit being very thin is a concern though the point is it's not meant to be posed aggressively since this is a $500 figure that is more for display, though you should still be able to pose and enjoy it. Hopefully their BvS Batman is much better and they've done enough tooling for his batsuit.

Back