InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine had thick hair and was cut straight at the back. Inart said it met the their qc standards and I got accused of faking it on here to bash Inart.
Turns out quality of the rooting has been all over the place on every release thus far. Hopefully they can get more consistent with time. Getting my aragorn this week so fingers crossed!
Literally why I go with the sculpted route. I just don’t want to deal with headaches from rooted figures. I’ll make exceptions for Gandalf and Dumbledore but if I can go sculpted, I do.

For anyone curious why Gandalf’s base wabbles, I found the reason.

The placard on the bottom of mine was peeling off. So, I decided to completely remove it in order to apply my own permanent double sided tape. I found that they have a 1mm thick piece of wood covering the opening and a thick piece of black foam inside to provide some sort of support I guess for the wood to not cave in. Well, that foam pushes out against the wood causing the wood to bow; therefore, the base won’t sit flat on the ground. Without the foam, it lies flat AND the magnets feel a lot stronger. Not enough to lift the base off with Gandalf, but not as weak as before. He really “clicks” on the base without it in there. Not sure why/how the foam would impede on the strength of the magnets given how much glue that have securing them in there, but it seems to have made some difference, enough that he feels much more secure on the base than before.

IMG_3793.jpeg

Now that I have this open, I will probably make my own “supports” for the base so that is can sit flat and not impede the strength of the magnets

Last edited:
Back