InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Legolas 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Legolas having straight hair actually makes it the safest bet compared to Gandalf and Aragorn. Having subtle curls in the hair is harder to produce nicely at a larger quantity. Makes it even easier to water and futz straight since that's all that it requires.
I could be wrong as my time spent with lamb's wool for hair rooting is limited, but the samples I still have are pretty naturally wavy and not straight. Therefore, I imagine they will need to straighten the hair before applying and then apply product to keep it straight. Wetting it would most likely cause it to go back to it's natural wavy state

I could be wrong as my time spent with lamb's wool for hair rooting is limited, but the samples I still have are pretty naturally wavy and not straight. Therefore, I imagine they will need to straighten the hair before applying and then apply product to keep it straight. Wetting it would most likely cause it to go back to it's natural wavy state
I’m sure someone has figured out how to breed them with straighter hair.

Did you take pictures...?
I mean don't get me wrong I really like this figure and I think it looks great (excuse the horrible phone pics), but receiving that second Aragorn killed some of the joy I had. Didn't take pics I packed it up again.

This is the better one of the two. These are older photos, I futzed with the outfit and kinda changed the hair style, but didn't take pics yet.
IMG_6285.jpeg
IMG_6286.jpeg

Since my Aragorn hair was #ss was doing some reading on dealing with mohair....yeah, it can be straightened but hafta read more to see if it will recurl. The Potter figs seem to have straight hair more or less.

And even before my Aragorn irritation reached an edge, TBH for me it's the same old - close, but not quite re the likeness. Better than ASMUS, but not quite there. And I've got no complaints at all about ASMUS Legolas costume etc, considering the price point, details and all.

Dunno if FOMO will get to me; or will think it over and call it a day, after the Aragorn hair thing.

but receiving that second Aragorn killed some of the joy I had. Didn't take pics I packed it up again.

Heck it was my first. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 I have contacted them, let's see if they tell me to pound sand.

Back