InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Nazgul 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finding your rationale to be flawed, your InArt apologist attitude embarrassing, and your repeat use of a single unwarranted accusation to lambast members for having standards over accuracy, quality control, release schedules, etc over the last few days to be tedious and being offended are not the same.
You have a problem with logic? And I’m flaming others for wanting more accuracy? I don’t have a problem with anyone regarding accuracy. I’ve literally been sharing accuracy related stuff and I’m disappointed INART didn’t optimize jack for Superman.
Aragorn only puts on Boromir’s Vambraces after the final battle has concluded so they are not a signature aspect of his appearance in the Fellowship.
Right, I was wrong which is why I edited. It’s a case-by-case basis. I can make the case they’re not relevant. At the end of the day, as long as you get everything you need to have the overall standard look in the film, all’s good.
But you are eNtItLeD to your opinion.
What’s your issue, man?

Last edited:
The sword being an exclusive is complete BS. I can’t believe people are defending it.
Given this product is only licensed in select regions, it’s not like people who live in those licensed regions aren’t able to get the exclusive sword. They just need to order from INART store direct vs getting it elsewhere from another authorized retailer if they want the exclusive sword. Companies do this all the time, where they incentivize whatever it is so people can order and direct their funds towards themselves.

For people who don’t live in these select licensed regions, Idk why get mad. It’s not like we have a true say in all this. Incoming “entitlement.” Lol

don't care for the figure, but if the sword is that much of an issue for some here, i can order direct and sell the sword for $400 when the figure arrives in 2034? (accounting for inflation hence the price)

Given this product is only licensed in select regions, it’s not like people who live in those licensed regions aren’t able to get the exclusive sword. They just need to order from INART store direct vs getting it elsewhere from another authorized retailer if they want the exclusive sword. Companies do this all the time, where they incentivize whatever it is so people can order and direct their funds towards themselves.

For people who don’t live in these select licensed regions, Idk why get mad. It’s not like we have a true say in all this. Incoming “entitlement.” Lol

The key difference here is that generally 1/6 companies offer exclusives through vendors that are widely accessible, e.g. Sideshow's relationship with Hot Toys. Sideshow ships pretty much globally, and maybe you have to pay extra for the exclusive edition compared to buying it elsewhere, but that's fair enough. Inart have just blocked off a large proportion of their customer base from getting the exclusive. It does make some financial sense for Inart to do this to incentivise direct sales in areas they are licensed to ship to, but it's not "entitlement" for people outside those regions to express disappointment about not being able to access the exclusive.

Recently Mondo did something similar with their John Nada figure to what Inart are doing here, only offering the timed exclusive to particular regions (but excluding Europe if I remember correctly). Some people weren't happy about that. Why would they be?

The key difference here is that generally 1/6 companies offer exclusives through vendors that are widely accessible, e.g. Sideshow's relationship with Hot Toys.
We shouldn’t compare Hot Toys to INART. Hot Toys have global licensing for all licenses they possess and have a partnership with Sideshow, their official global distributor. INART does not have global licensing except for two of their releases, which were available directly from INART store without the need for a middleman and added fees/“tax” (what Sideshow is for Hot Toys/“Sideshow Tax”).
Sideshow ships pretty much globally, and maybe you have to pay extra for the exclusive edition compared to buying it elsewhere, but that's fair enough. Inart have just blocked off a large proportion of their customer base from getting the exclusive.
They haven’t. People who reside in their licensed regions are able to get the exclusive item. How is this not making sense…? For anyone who lives outside their licensed regions, Idk how else to say it but we don’t technically count.

It does make some financial sense for Inart to do this to incentivise direct sales in areas they are licensed to ship to, but it's not "entitlement" for people outside those regions to express disappointment about not being able to access the exclusive.
It is, it’s more like misguided entitlement based on misinformation.
Recently Mondo did something similar with their John Nada figure to what Inart are doing here, only offering the timed exclusive to particular regions (but excluding Europe if I remember correctly). Some people weren't happy about that. Why would they be?
I don’t know anything about Mondo, so won’t comment on that.

I don't understand your perspective on this. I'm well aware that Inart and Hot Toys have vastly different licensing setups, but the fact remains that Inart did not have to offer a site exclusive for this figure, they chose to do it.

They haven’t. People who reside in their licensed regions are able to get the exclusive item. How is this not making sense…? For anyone who lives outside their licensed regions, Idk how else to say it but we don’t technically count.

When I say that a large proportion of their customer base has been blocked, I'm referring to collectors outside China, SEA, and Aus/NZ - i.e. Europe and the USA. A substantial number of their LOTR customers are from Europe and the USA. Thus, you saying "they haven't" blocked a large number of their customers from buying the exclusive makes absolutely no sense to me. Of course they have. You say that these customers "technically don't count" almost as if it is an inevitability, and not a situation that Inart could very easily have chosen not to create.

I don't understand why you're conflating disappointment with entitlement. That's not how I've interpreted the posts you're referring to. What "misinformation" are you talking about?

I don't understand your perspective on this. I'm well aware that Inart and Hot Toys have vastly different licensing setups, but the fact remains that Inart did not have to offer a site exclusive for this figure, they chose to do it.
I don’t understand why it’s such a problem to you and others that they have a store exclusive item, in the regions they’re licensed in. Which means people who are in those regions are still able to get the store exclusive if they so choose. It’s not like they don’t have that option.
When I say that a large proportion of their customer base has been blocked, I'm referring to collectors outside China, SEA, and Aus/NZ - i.e. Europe and the USA. A substantial number of their LOTR customers are from Europe and the USA. Thus, you saying "they haven't" blocked a large number of their customers from buying the exclusive makes absolutely no sense to me. Of course they have. You say that these customers "technically don't count" almost as if it is an inevitability, and not a situation that Inart could very easily have chosen not to create.
Blocked? LOTR line products are not licensed in Europe and USA.

Now that doesn’t mean people in Europe and USA aren’t able to obtain INART LOTR products. I’m not saying that, but we gotta use the back alley route, in other words, the unofficial and unauthorized way via other avenues and third party stores/retailers/resellers, for which most are unauthorized and not affiliated with INART officially. You realize INART would love to have global licensing, right? Unfortunately, at the current moment, they don’t however. It’s not like they ideally wanted to only obtain licensing in select regions…….. they of course want to branch out more and be able to officially sell their product in all corners of the world.
I don't understand why you're conflating disappointment with entitlement. That's not how I've interpreted the posts you're referring to. What "misinformation" are you talking about?
I’m referring to misinformation regarding various things related to this company, and most of it has to do with the fact they don’t have global licensing for the licenses they carry, or when it comes to their business operations management, or related to the so-called “Influencer Batch”, the rolling Batch system, pretty much anything related to their business practices, sometimes even when it comes to figure design and accuracy, etc, etc.

I’ll stand by what I’m saying.

But I can see why and understand it’s a sore subject for most, and since this won’t go anywhere, I’m going to exit the conversation related to store exclusive items and watch some of y’all misguidedly whinge and keep spreading misinformation on the sidelines. I won’t partake anymore when to comes to this specific topic. There’s no sense in continuing this so let’s just agree to disagree.

The key difference here is that generally 1/6 companies offer exclusives through vendors that are widely accessible, e.g. Sideshow's relationship with Hot Toys. Sideshow ships pretty much globally, and maybe you have to pay extra for the exclusive edition compared to buying it elsewhere, but that's fair enough. Inart have just blocked off a large proportion of their customer base from getting the exclusive. It does make some financial sense for Inart to do this to incentivise direct sales in areas they are licensed to ship to, but it's not "entitlement" for people outside those regions to express disappointment about not being able to access the exclusive.

Perfectly said. InArt shouldn’t be offering exclusives from their site if they don’t have the global license for that property/figure. People act like InArt couldn’t have just decided not to offer an exclusive for a figure that’s not available to large regions of customers. All they are doing are making many of those customers annoyed/irritated. It’s not really about the sword as much it is about their continued pattern of unforced errors (QC issues, crap magnet bases, release timing, region-locked exclusives) that are making me and lots of other collectors rethink spending money on their products.

I always felt like Hot Toys was an ambivalent god who neither cared for nor disparaged me as a customer. They just do their thing. On the other hand, I’ve been starting to feel like InArt actively doesn’t want me as a customer 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ll stand by what I’m saying.

But I can see why and understand it’s a sore subject for most, and since this won’t go anywhere, I’m going to exit the conversation related to store exclusive items and watch some of y’all misguidedly whinge and keep spreading misinformation on the sidelines. I won’t partake anymore when to comes to this specific topic. There’s no sense in continuing this so let’s just agree to disagree.

I'm happy to agree to disagree with you, but I really don't understand why you're saying that people are "misguidedly" complaining about it. Your post before this lists a whole bunch of licensing details that everyone here knows about and understands completely. You're talking about this like we don't understand that Inart can't sell the figure to Europe and the US directly. Not only does it come across as condescending, it's completely irrelevant to the fact that Inart chose to do a store exclusive for this release when they did not have to. I'm not looking to start anything, I'm just pointing out that your manner over this is rubbing people the wrong way.

I'm happy to agree to disagree with you, but I really don't understand why you're saying that people are "misguidedly" complaining about it. Your post before this lists a whole bunch of licensing details that everyone here knows about and understands completely. You're talking about this like we don't understand that Inart can't sell the figure to Europe and the US directly. Not only does it come across as condescending, it's completely irrelevant to the fact that Inart chose to do a store exclusive for this release when they did not have to. I'm not looking to start anything, I'm just pointing out that your manner over this is rubbing people the wrong way.
I think I’ve said enough. I’m done. Cheers, man.

Back