InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Nazgul 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a bit confused by the listed dimensions.

38CM (H) × 12CM (W) × 14CM (L) (Including Base)
25CM (H) × 12CM (W) × 40CM (L) (Horse Accessory Dimensions)
4CM (H) × 20CM (W) × 23CM (L) (Horse Base Dimensions)

The base of the Nazgûl doesn't look to be much taller than 2 cm at most. So he will be close to 36 cm, about 14 inches. That's huge!
Does seem to be appropriate given my Google results, and I do view them as tall and imposing, so that's pretty cool. But it's interesting thay they haven't highlighted that size in any of their photos or communication. Seems like an asset to make the price appear less extreme.

Then comes the horse though. 40cm long makes sense. But only 25cm tall? Including the base it's still only 29cm.
Legolas is listed as 33cm including base, yet in this shot from about eye level the horse is much taller.

So is there such a forced perspective in this shot? Or is the 25 cm height only up to the back/shoulders of the horse, and not the tip of the head/ears?

539306-1728135626634.png

Looking at this again i came to the understanding that the horse with base is indeed 29cm a little under Legolas, wich is 33cm. With Nazgul he comes at a total of 38cm. This looks to be correct. After seeing the pictures again.

So the horse without base is 25cm in Hight. Sounds like a pony🤣 anyway if this seems to be correct it will atleast fit my shelves

Yeah, always seems to be last with HT though not sure if that would be the case with InArt. Did they sell Gandalf or Aragorn?

No they didn't, only SugoToys had those and Gandalf took a long time to arrive. The first InArt I've bought from Popcultcha is Superman so I'm guessing it'll be a long wait if Sugo is an indication. Popcultcha have been receiving some HT figs a bit quicker recently though like the MK6 2.0 but its pretty hit and miss.

Looking at this again i came to the understanding that the horse with base is indeed 29cm a little under Legolas, wich is 33cm. With Nazgul he comes at a total of 38cm. This looks to be correct. After seeing the pictures again.

So the horse without base is 25cm in Hight. Sounds like a pony🤣 anyway if this seems to be correct it will atleast fit my shelves
I'm pretty convinced the height InArt lists is simply wrong, and the steed is taller than 25cm without base/29cm with base.

Here on display Nazgul and Legolas are pretty much at the same depth, so the shot from the front is representative. And you can see that the steed is slightly taller than Legolas, who is listed as 33cm with base (with makes sense for an average human). So the 29cm seems to be the back of the horse, not the head.

Anyway, as you can see I'm starting to talk myself into why I do need him. Somehow I need to justify this cost, and a big hulking presence helps. :lol

539305-17281353792312.png

539306-17281356266342.png

I'm pretty convinced the height InArt lists is simply wrong, and the steed is taller than 25cm without base/29cm with base.

Here on display Nazgul and Legolas are pretty much at the same depth, so the shot from the front is representative. And you can see that the steed is slightly taller than Legolas, who is listed as 33cm with base (with makes sense for an average human). So the 29cm seems to be the back of the horse, not the head.

Anyway, as you can see I'm starting to talk myself into why I do need him. Somehow I need to justify this cost, and a big hulking presence helps. :lol
Well, assume a decent 1/6 horse is ~200$. A good set of 1/6 tack another 100$. Probable 150$ in this case, since it's specialty.

In Art is charging 30$ for an extra sword, so 3 diecast swords ~ 100$.
So that's roughly $200 for the fig, even if they use cheap fabrics it's a lot of cloth; and ~100 for InArt, tho I left out their fancy box and the base. They're probably factoring in whatever molds they need to develop.

Not horrific, overall, at today's 1/6 prices. Probably overpriced; but the only pieces comparable are WETA and ASMUS both long sold out.
The set by default has presence; creepy Nazgul IMO have that by default.

I'd never encourage anyone to SPEND money. There's times - not often - I've picked up a piece and I know I'm getting gouged. But it's like a crusty old car mechanic told me once, "it's worth it to you". E.g. I know I got gouged but too happy with my purchase to care.

So yeah, of course you'll get gouged. Not as much as buying resale tho. Question is, will this piece make you happy 1 year from now, 3 years from now, 5 years from now? The other question being are you so strapped for cash that buying any "luxury good" is questionable.

Back