Iron Man 2 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bull____. If a scene doesnt work, a scene doesnt work. Period. It could be awsome in the trailer, but when you cut everything together....well...yeah.

It still doesnt explain why he needed to be flown to the expo when he could have flown himself in the suit. I'm just saying the scene made sense with PP in the scene.

Time to move on. I still think with better editing this could have been as good as the first.

Remember this scene in Terminator Salvation trailer
naked.jpg

Wolverine Trailer with a young Storm
fs_Wolverine-20.jpg

Star Trek Trailer showing Nero in the Klingon Prison
Star-Trek-Trailer-1_01.jpg

And Bruce Banner talking to Doc Samson in the Hulk Trailer

Lets just say Stark jumped out of the plane as he did not want to be in the Iron Man suit too long, as his Tux would be too sweaty and wrinkled up.
Simples

I was thinking, does Tony need his arc reactor to be directly connected to the Iron Man suit in order to power it? If so, I don't know how he could have flown to the expo since his suit, tie and shirt created a buffer between the reactor in his chest and the Iron Man suit.

Well, it is a comic book movie. If Whiplash can survive being smashed by a car several times and hit in the face with a steel hand, then power can travel through a suit and tie :)

Was it just me or did Cheadle look grossly thin and long? his neck looked so fragile in this.

I also don't ever remember seeing this part.

mv5bmtqyotixnjm4m15bml5.jpg

That's interesting too. I remember reading in the press that a theme in IM2 was to be the 'love affair' of sorts between Tony and Black Widow's character, but it didn't really surface. :dunno

In a way, thank goodness it didn't, coz they really packed a lot of themes into the film. :clap

I was thinking, does Tony need his arc reactor to be directly connected to the Iron Man suit in order to power it? If so, I don't know how he could have flown to the expo since his suit, tie and shirt created a buffer between the reactor in his chest and the Iron Man suit.

Great answer from Evilface :lol , but I think another explanation is that Tony has built in Ark reactors for the older Marks, as seen with the MK II and MK V (He had his Driving suit on underneath), because the one saving his life was not working to well.
I think the MK VI however uses his own chest reactor.

It frames it up as if Iron Man is about to jump into a warzone.

We hear the target is approaching, the ACDC, the plane opens, we can't clearly make out the fireworks right away so they look like Anti Aircraft fire, it's like he's flying into hell and then it's just the expo.

Obviously the effect is lost on us since we saw the trailer and previews, but if you were going in completely oblivious, thats how it would have seemed.

Yup Favreau said that was the goal even down to him getting hit by a firework, the audience was supposed to think that he was hit by enemy fire and then ends up at the Expo, that is why Pepper was removed because he felt it wouldn't make sense to have her accompany Tony into a high danger situation like a warzone even though it was spoiled ahead of time. Also it should be noted that Favreau didn't cut the trailers, they were cut independently from dailies already completed, they were done obviously before the film was finalized by people in the production services so really his scene was ruined by others.

No there wouldn't have. If you look at the Mark 2 when its on the "operating table" the Arc connector is deep within the chest cavity, if you assume that the Mark IV is the same way, you are dealing with not too much of a buffer. He was wearing a simple tuxedo that even if buttoned would have had the opening in the jacket to show off the shirt and bow tie. The connector would have pressed against that to the arc which means it would have bypassed the jacket and a simple bowtie isn't a factor since it would have been tied to his neck not his chest like a traditional tie so in reality you are dealing with a thin dress shirt material (since throughout the film we see that Stark doesn't wear undershirts) in between the connector and actual arc. Something that is that powerful would have no problem bypassing the shirt material to power it, it'd be like taking a magnet and trying to connect the pieces with material in between it. A sweater, jacket even a tie would probably be too thick but something thin like a dress shirt would be no barrier at all.

That's interesting too. I remember reading in the press that a theme in IM2 was to be the 'love affair' of sorts between Tony and Black Widow's character, but it didn't really surface. :dunno In a way, thank goodness it didn't, coz they really packed a lot of themes into the film. :clap

Favreau was quoted above is saying that all of the love triangle stuff and flirty stuff was cut last minute because he felt that audiences would be turned off by Tony openly flirting and it would water down the relationship he was trying to build (Favreau) with Tony and Pepper. Basically all the love stuff wouldn't be as believable if Tony was just trying to bone Black Widow. The introduction scene was left the same because Favreau felt that the chemistry showing Tony becoming attracted and all the tension between him and Black Widow was great and wouldn't work shot another way.

No there wouldn't have. If you look at the Mark 2 when its on the "operating table" the Arc connector is deep within the chest cavity, if you assume that the Mark IV is the same way, you are dealing with not too much of a buffer. He was wearing a simple tuxedo that even if buttoned would have had the opening in the jacket to show off the shirt and bow tie. The connector would have pressed against that to the arc which means it would have bypassed the jacket and a simple bowtie isn't a factor since it would have been tied to his neck not his chest like a traditional tie so in reality you are dealing with a thin dress shirt material (since throughout the film we see that Stark doesn't wear undershirts) in between the connector and actual arc. Something that is that powerful would have no problem bypassing the shirt material to power it, it'd be like taking a magnet and trying to connect the pieces with material in between it. A sweater, jacket even a tie would probably be too thick but something thin like a dress shirt would be no barrier at all.

But Mike, wouldn't that wrinkle his shirt?

:nana: :nana:

But Mike, wouldn't that wrinkle his shirt?
:nana: :nana:

No. The heat built up would keep it pressed, sweaty but pressed. One could argue since he said the suit has a recirculation and filtration system that the movement of that alone could keep everything up to snuff.

Wow! You guys really over think this stuff. :lol

Actually it requires very little thought at all. :lol

No. The heat built up would keep it pressed, sweaty but pressed. One could argue since he said the suit has a recirculation and filtration system that the movement of that alone could keep everything up to snuff.

Curses! Foiled again by Mike and those dastardly kids :banghead

Wait....what kids :dunno

:lol

Where can I get a dang arc reactor with leds thats not too thick that I can put on a shirt or under a shirt for halloween? Not the crappy new one that came out with the triangle light but the original arc reactor. I dont want to build a homemade one and ive heard the museum replicas one is cheaply made-plus not feasable for wearing.

Where can I get a dang arc reactor with leds thats not too thick that I can put on a shirt or under a shirt for halloween? Not the crappy new one that came out with the triangle light but the original arc reactor. I dont want to build a homemade one and ive heard the museum replicas one is cheaply made-plus not feasable for wearing.

Have you tried Stark Industries? :wink1:

Back