Iron Man 2 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not saying I'm the big movie critic, and I'm not saying movies should be the best thing since swiss cheese either (cure for cancer reference). My point is I spent $8.50 for a matinee ticket, so I have a right to my opinion.

Cheadle was brutal because he was so boring, and everytime he was on screen I couldn't wait for him to be off of it. Howard was much better at the role.

Was it as horrible as Ghost Rider? Of course not.

It was Ok, like I said I gave it a 6/10. I just think the first one is much better. Which I gave a 7.5 - 8/10

Fair enough.

I still view both as a single 4.5 hour movie but if I had to say which I prefer, I would now say that 1 is indeed the better of the 2 although both together do offer an overall fun Iron Man experience.

I gladly accept IM2 as an extension of the 1st.

Still a BA movie nonetheless but having to replace actors that excelled in a role they played is something that always gets me.

It was Howards choice though right?Not enough $?

I agree that Cheadle was less interesting than the other guy, but I also agree with the point someone made earlier that they seemed to write his character as being much more serious this time. In the last one Rhodey seemed to joke with Tony more.

Still a BA movie nonetheless but having to replace actors that excelled in a role they played is something that always gets me.

It was Howards choice though right?Not enough $?

Yeah, I think Terence Howard wanted more then he originally signed on for, and so it goes.

I am definitely with you. It bothered me having Maggie Gyllenhaal replace Katie Holmes in The Dark Knight as well.

Was it just me or did Cheadle look grossly thin and long? his neck looked so fragile in this.

I also don't ever remember seeing this part.

mv5bmtqyotixnjm4m15bml5.jpg

Yeah, I think Terence Howard wanted more then he originally signed on for, and so it goes.

I am definitely with you. It bothered me having Maggie Gyllenhaal replace Katie Holmes in The Dark Knight as well.

Actually, that was one bit of recasting that was a-ok with me...I never bought Holmes as a DA for a moment in BB...

As for Cheadle in IM2....he was fine....but one has to wonder if Howard knew his character would have a bigger(more important) role in IM2 before he got greedy? Guess we'll never know...

Was it just me or did Cheadle look grossly thin and long? his neck looked so fragile in this.

I also don't ever remember seeing this part.

mv5bmtqyotixnjm4m15bml5.jpg

Me either, as well as the scene where Pepper kisses tony's helmet before he makes his grand entrance to the expo.

I don't remember any of the pieces from the film's score. Compared to the themes from the first film, IM2 was lacking.

I don't remember any of the pieces from the film's score. Compared to the themes from the first film, IM2 was lacking.

The sound effects blowed a lot of the score away. It wans't as good as the original but Debney did bring something cool to the table. If you do an IM2 score search on youtube you get a nice array of tracks.

Actually, that was one bit of recasting that was a-ok with me...I never bought Holmes as a DA for a moment in BB...

I just like continuity in movies. Characters played by same actors is big with me.

Main reason I'm not looking forward to the new Spider-Man movies...no Tobey Maguire.

Even so to alot of people Tobey Maguire is Peter Parker/Spider-Man. This may be a different Parker/Spidey, but its still not the right one.

I feel the same way when I hear an animated Batman voice that isn't Kevin Conroy.

This has probably been brought up before, but what happened to all the AC/DC songs? It seems silly to have a soundtrack made up of just AC/DC tunes and only have two actually in the movie (beside being a marketing ploy).

It was cool that there were two Clash songs in there. :rock

Even so to alot of people Tobey Maguire is Peter Parker/Spider-Man. This may be a different Parker/Spidey, but its still not the right one.

I feel the same way when I hear an animated Batman voice that isn't Kevin Conroy.

So you'd like to see Maguire playing a teenage Peter Parker in a reboot? Weird. I think you have a problem with reboots more than anything.

I think switching up actors is fine when it comes to reboots, not direct sequels. Realistically, an actor can't play the same character forever. I mean, did anyone want Shatner to play young Kirk in the Star Trek reboot? That'd be funny, but not good funny.

Sometimes, a new actor means a new dimension for a character. You might end up liking their version of the character even more than the previous incarnation. i.e. Doctor Who, James Bond, Batman, etc etc.

When Favreau's Iron Man films are long done, I'd be okay if they reboot it with a new Tony Stark. As much as I like Robert Downey Jr's take on the character, it's just one interpretation and not particularly the Tony I remember from the comics.

I really think people are being hard on Cheadle, he had much less to work with to make the character his own compared to Howard.
It's not easy to fill somebody else's shoes and the time he was given to play at just being Rhodey was very limited.

Back