Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ Batskiboat first. :pray:
Batskiboat_photo_webp.jpg

(see linked gallery above for the most detailed collection on the vehicle.

But yes, a Batmissile could look amazing if it had a dynamic clear effect base with all other parts of the Batmobile exploding away- just like the piece of concept art depicts. Would certainly be an eyecatcher on the shelf to put 1/6 Batman Returns figures next to and bonus effect, you'd see the Batman driving it, too.

BRBatmissile6_webp.jpg

I think I could pass on the 'missile' and the Batskiboat. I was never even clear on what the latter was and I don't recall any good looks at it in the movie - all I remember is cockpit shots. I will make do with my Batmobile.

At this point I will hold onto my HT '89 so I can directly compare it in person to Jazzinc's. With the 2.0 just out I'm sure I've missed the window where I could have gotten big money anyway..

Me too, never been fan of the batskiboat, and overall of the batmissile which was the ugliest end of the most glorious car in the cinema history. Looks like a spermatozoid wandering in Gotham’s streets…

Concerning your HT Batmobile. Yeah I understand your point of view. But keep in mind that there are collectors who are still looking for the V1 as HT didn’t delivered the cocoon on the V2.

Man I love the back of this car so much. The shape is so sick, tail lights icing on the cake.

I wonder if Joost would be able to make the full car that can turn into the batmissile

View attachment 719091
But yes, a Batmissile could look amazing if it had a dynamic clear effect base with all other parts of the Batmobile exploding away- just like the piece of concept art depicts. Would certainly be an eyecatcher on the shelf to put 1/6 Batman Returns figures next to and bonus effect, you'd see the Batman driving it, too.
brbatmissile6_webp-jpg.719132

View attachment 719132
90s0zt.jpg

Never liked that design concept, implied the rest of the vehicle was a superfluous shell.
To escape through the alley, would rather he had shielded up the Batmobile, and switched to a waiting Batcycle, that somewhat incorporated that design, would have been something.

Worth repeating if Joost and Co. want to get into designing an actual 1:6 89 Batcyle , just to have a smaller vehicle that looks like it belongs to the 89 U. I'd be all in. :wink1:
Will he work with the [1:6] 89 Batcycle too!?
The one Joost is going to design, and make.
...kidding! :wink1:
That's why I wish Furst/Caldow had designed an 89 Batcycle.
Could have a smaller and more afordable vehicle to invoke the fantastic 89 aesthetic, at this scale.:wink1:

I know Toybiz made a suspiciously Robocop repurposed, not quite convincing one...
7cssl7.gif

And artist Joe Quinones retroactivley imagined one for the ongoing 89 comic.
7csv89.jpg

Neither feel quite right to me.

Last edited:
Still debating on getting this. 89 is hands down my favorite. Ran through so many VHS tapes back in the day. Just don't have the space to display anywhere. Would end up being a piece that sits in storage till I have the sqft to show it.
Sad Broken Heart GIF

My Hot Toys Batmobile cockpit lights and one of the headlights was no longer working last time I put batteries in. So it happens with Hot Toys too. Maybe it's fixable with theirs, I think there are access panels on the underside, alas I'm clueless with electronics. But yes I'll be extremely disappointed if the electronic features either don't work or stop working after time with the Jazzinc.

My Hot Toys Batmobile cockpit lights and one of the headlights was no longer working last time I put batteries in. So it happens with Hot Toys too. Maybe it's fixable with theirs, I think there are access panels on the underside, alas I'm clueless with electronics. But yes I'll be extremely disappointed if the electronic features either don't work or stop working after time with the Jazzinc.
I can't remember where I saw it, probably in the original thread but there was a fix for it. No electronics are bulletproof and failure is always possible.

I watched the video about the guy with the Batwing problem and have a few thoughts.

First thing I’d do would be to switch out the transformer.

The guy is obviously upset but he can’t focus on what he’s saying and veers off into odd tangents like an American Presidential candidate.

There is so much information missing from his rambling monologue. I’d like to know if he was running the lights constantly or for long stretches. Or if he switched outlets when he moved the Batwing. Or if he’s ever checked to see if his transformer was getting too warm.

I’m a Jazzinc customer and have been more than satisfied with their customer service. There is something missing from that guy’s description of his experiences with them. I find it hard to believe that they would treat him like that. Perhaps his difficulties with expressing himself cogently only confused his communication.

What does the guy want? There are no replacements. He’s had it for more than a year with no problems. I’d say the best he should hope for is a partial refund, after he’s returned the Batwing.

Tearing into that resin fuselage to get at the electronics seems a fool’s errand to me. But it’s his call. He should at least try to work something out with Joost, who is very reasonable.

PS: I do realize that this Batwing thread is dangerously close to veering off topic but I feel it’s necessary to address this issue here where it was first brought up. There are a lot of anxious people waiting for Jazzinc ‘89 Batmobiles. There’s no need to raise their anxiety levels needlessly.

Last edited:
Back