Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes supposed to be silver / gun metal, would prefer it to look less plastic as well. That and the rims are the two major components that should look like metal.

IMG_4348.jpeg

Yeah I think it's the latter. It's like too much voltage or something going to it. I'm sure it's a easy fix/adjustment but it's definitely gonna have to be addressed. But this is a test batch piece after all.

What confused me about the test batches is that from what I've read, it's more of a shipping/packaging feedback kind of thing that's mostly being looked at? That can't be right tho, because there are clearly more than a few issues with the vehicle itself at this stage that need some attention.

Feedback on shipping/packaging doesn't make much sense to me. It's not like this is their first time shipping such a large item. I feel this was a first batch of final production vehicles that some unfortunately had issues and now the rest of the vehicles will need to be fixed and also come with better packaging. There's nothing wrong with that and imo nothing wrong with someone making a review of the vehicle as long as they mention that specific issues will be addressed/fixed which the guy did. If you don't want someone to share publicly then that needs to be clearly communicated and agreed upon beforehand :huh

Anyways with any improvement to the packaging, I think I'm going with sea freight for both of mine. Rather save a few hundred dollars :lol

IMG_4350.jpeg

You can really see the contrast here in black & white. The problem with JazzInc is it’s plastic and doesn’t absorb the black shadows around it, darkening it up enough.

Accurate or not, it does not show up as silver on screen, ever. I could have went my entire life without learning about this. But I gotta say, I'll take it being black or a very dark gun metal over the actual IRL (no color grading ect) version that it apparently is. It's enough of an eyesore for me that I'd never consider buying any Batmobile at any price that looks like it does in reality without any movie magic.

Strange, I thought the turbine was supposed to be silver, myself :unsure: . Maybe it was just the darkness of Burton's Gotham that gave me that impression.

Regardless, this Batmobile is definitely not photogenic in natural sunlight - let alone, any of the Batmobiles in successive movies. If I were getting this, I'd probably display it in a darkened area to make it look more accurate to the original car.

It’s supposed to be a gun metal, that you can see in the film.

IMG_4353.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s supposed to be a gun metal, that you can see in the film.

View attachment 724841
I think perhaps the.. pure awesomeness of the vehicle and it's presence somehow kept my eye not focused on the turbine. I see gun metal there and that's a scene from the film.

I could live with that. I cannot live with what it looks like in reality without the films color grading because in reality, it's definitely NOT gun metal. And because Jazz is going for accuracy, well. It ruins the entire visual aspect of the piece for me, sadly.

The first batches aren't even released as yet, and I believe JazzInc still has to make adjustments to the final product based on the feedback they receive from the test vehicles. If you're on Facebook, you can just shoot them a message or comment about it. Or, I can relay that message for you, since I'm there for the Animated Batmobile.

Please ask him if the turbine and the rims can be addressed before these are released to collectors. Those are the only 2 things that I really see an issue with on an otherwise beautiful piece.

I wonder if it’s too late for him to upgrade the rim material? I’m sure everyone would prefer die cast as that’d be the only way to accomplish an accurate shine and wouldn’t mind any possible delay in shipping? People are saying this thing is already 80 pounds, so weight shouldn’t be a real concern here. It’s so close to the finish line, one last major detail.

This thing is already made - they’re just adjusting the packing material. No way any changes like that get made now.

As said previously by Solidus the car is way more photogenic and evocative under shadow rather than direct sunlight.
And we know that lenses can completely change perception of colors. I still think out of direct sunlight it works very well. The rims are pretty dark.
IMG_5749.jpeg

IMG_5750.jpeg

Like the turbine which is not dramatically shiny if not over exposed IMO.
IMG_5751.jpeg

IMG_5752.jpeg

IMG_5753.jpeg

Still think it’s freaking awesome!

Last edited:
As said previously by Solidus the car is way more photogenic and evocative under shadow rather than direct sunlight.
And we know that lenses can completely change perception of colors. I still think out of direct sunlight it works very well. The rims are pretty dark.
View attachment 724899
View attachment 724900

Like the turbine which is not dramatically shiny if not over exposed IMO.
View attachment 724902
View attachment 724903
View attachment 724904
Still think it’s freaking awesome!
:goodpost:

Please ask him if the turbine and the rims can be addressed before these are released to collectors. Those are the only 2 things that I really see an issue with on an otherwise beautiful piece.

I've gotten the impression that it's too late to make any more adjustments and they're just sorting through the logistics of shipping the Batmobiles out.

The turbine isn't really an issue since it's movie accurate. The rims... you can probably get them to look better under certain lighting conditions. I think that's definitely something worth experimenting with.

This + the paintjob on the Hot Toys Batmobile would be nice. Hot Toys’ looks more like real metal IMO.

Back