Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't cancel. A few days ago, Joost mentioned that the wait-list is pretty much over capacity right now. If you don't like it, you can sell it for a good profit on Ebay. There will definitely be interest for this on the secondary market.
Because everybody likes scalpers...

Yeah definitely not intentional, the customer isn’t paying return shipping surely?

Also - return shipping is likely much more than the original shipping depending on which method they individually took. Then what happens when the replacement vehicle is ready to ship? Does that 2nd shipping payment come down on the customer? Or JazzInc? And if the customer opts for the faster air services on your dime?

JazzInc doesn’t have the resources to just fire out more builds than initially expected. He may be able to cover some, but he needs to get ahead of these issues quickly or it will get expensive real fast. I’m worried he’ll run out of funds and possibly have to just call it and release it as is, which no one wants.

I understand he likely needs more funds, although opening the waitlist a bit may just muddy the waters more by expanding the work load. Production fatigue is a thing and it’s best to know your capacity in advance.

It’s a tough spot to be in but if he can afford to not rush each batch, we should be ok.
Priority No. 1 is the indentations, paint is self explanatory.
That being the case I would finish paying for mine ASAP if I know they're fixing the issues on all Batmobiles - particularly this mold-indentation thing and canopies and panels not sitting correctly. Things like fully diecast rims, maybe it's too late for that no matter what and, well, OK.

I’ve stated I’m fully in agreement on waiting longer for a better product than what we’re currently seeing, and deservedly so. It’s two grand.. If you were diligent enough to pay for your order over the course of this long project, when you receive it, you do as you please, simple.

Anyone who locked in at the $300 NRD phase and is seeing this thing until the end, can do whatever they please. They can make an hour long YouTube video complaining about it, I don’t care. It’s only your fault for watching it, or paying attention to another’s long term plans for a collectible.

Because everybody likes scalpers...

Scalping would be buying with the intention of reselling, which isn't the same as getting rid of a product that you're unsatisfied with. Cancelling an order for this would involve eating the cost of the NRD (that's money you can't get back).

The side panel indentations look like the result of internal support structures pulling the plastic material after the body has left the mold during the cooling/curing process. This is common on plastic toys and model kits. The factory can fix this by applying putty and sanding repeatedly until the surface is level and smooth as its suppose to be, before painting the body with primer. After the primer has dried the factory should inspect the corrected surfaces and if there are still indentations, the putty and sanding process should be repeated until those areas are levelled and smooth. Then off to primer again, after that, the final paint application and clear coating. This putty/sanding process takes a long time and the factory may have reduced/skipped this process to meet their deadline. I thought this might have been the case because the factory did not buff/polish the steering wheel and gas caps, they look raw and rough as if it just came off from the mold. In the prototype on the JazzInc site, there is still a small indentation on the driver side panel, but it can be barely seen because of the putty and sanding work on it. Joost should instruct the factory to give more time on the putty and sanding process.

The rear hatch and gun covers of some units have slight warping and does not sit flush on their respective slots. This might also be due to the cooling/curing process. I hope they find a solution to this.

As for the effects features, I would have preferred an automatic opening canopy and aluminum anodized rims with bearings instead of the smoking exhaust, metal grills, spinning turbine and sound effects. The lights are of course awesome and I'm glad they did a good job on it.

The side panel indentations look like the result of internal support structures pulling the plastic material after the body has left the mold during the cooling/curing process. This is common on plastic toys and model kits. The factory can fix this by applying putty and sanding repeatedly until the surface is level and smooth as its suppose to be, before painting the body with primer. After the primer has dried the factory should inspect the corrected surfaces and if there are still indentations, the putty and sanding process should be repeated until those areas are levelled and smooth. Then off to primer again, after that, the final paint application and clear coating. This putty/sanding process takes a long time and the factory may have reduced/skipped this process to meet their deadline. I thought this might have been the case because the factory did not buff/polish the steering wheel and gas caps, they look raw and rough as if it just came off from the mold. In the prototype on the JazzInc site, there is still a small indentation on the driver side panel, but it can be barely seen because of the putty and sanding work on it. Joost should instruct the factory to give more time on the putty and sanding process.

The rear hatch and gun covers of some units have slight warping and does not sit flush on their respective slots. This might also be due to the cooling/curing process. I hope they find a solution to this.

Thanks for that insight. I think the best decision is to delay this and fix said issues whatever method works. I don't believe anybody is in a rush to get this especially if the indentations will be present.

I'm just catching up on all this, and yeah those dents do look pretty bad. As a model builder it would take no time at all for me to putty them smooth, but then I'd need to figure out what kind of special paint he's using.

I'm pretty confident Joost will find a solution for this though, since he's already put an immense amount of work into making this car as accurate as possible. So I'm not ready to start freaking out just yet.

I'm watching the 'production update 2' video Joost posted a month ago. I don't see any of these dents as they are working on the shells and sanding them. I'd be surprised if this is a problem with the molds and how they were made, more likely the mold temperature as they are making the shell.

Last edited:
The paint looks a bit sloppy in some of the sample pics, like the circled bit above. It does kind of give it a "real world" look, though haha. But yeah, those dents don't look organic at all, even if you try to reason it as batman's driving getting nuts

I'm watching the 'production update 2' video Joost posted a month ago. I don't see any of these dents as they are working on the shells and sanding them. I'd be surprised if this is a problem with the molds and how they were made, more likely the mold temperature as they are making the shell.
Hard to see when they are in the process of sanding but they're clearly there after they're done with painting as seen at 6:33. The fact that multiple vehicles share the same problem in the same areas is quite alarming. Whatever the cause, it needs to be addressed and fixed.

Ok so here is another update on the 1989. This time about the dents. Please watch. This is what it will be in final production. Also we will address the mounting of the batlogos to the wheels, the silicone pads for the canopy and the packaging. That's it. All batches will be the same. We will not make any changes mid production. As for the molds, this is how we have made them from day 1 and in this single side light, you will see the same on the 1966, the 1995 and the 2022.

Real world car: I have this slight crumple toward my taillight, where one day a dumpster came out of nowhere and hit me.😯
Anywhere in daylight car looks pristine, you don't even see it, yet there is one spot in my garage, with a heavy light positioned just right, it highlights and cast shadows right across it, it's suddenly if you are aware to look for it, approaching the car at a certain angle, it's all I see (suffice to say I never park in that spot). :lol
Hard to see when they are in the process of sanding but they're clearly there after they're done with painting as seen at 6:33.
Yep - Jump 6:30

Unfortunately once you are looking for it, you can't not see it, Sadly he is in fact highlighting all the incredible things that landed right, (and rightfully so), that detail is negligible over all.
Yet with most everything else right, and in certain light, people are now going to glom onto that one detail.
Which was apparently there from the go.

Ok so here is another update on the 1989. This time about the dents. Please watch. This is what it will be in final production. Also we will address the mounting of the batlogos to the wheels, the silicone pads for the canopy and the packaging. That's it. All batches will be the same. We will not make any changes mid production. As for the molds, this is how we have made them from day 1 and in this single side light, you will see the same on the 1966, the 1995 and the 2022.

Yeah wouldn't even see that (and most didn't), if that wasn't what we were highlighting.
Interesting about the full mold with just engraving vs actual hinged parts, (how many would then complain if that seam and hindge was just one mold and engraved, not looking realistic?

Yeah those sink marks are mostly what I'm concerned about, I thought they were just little dents caused by shipping. Figured the custom paint finish would have fixed those and covered them up... those sink marks just reminds me of the cheap looking plastic in Mcfarlane's and Spinmaster's Batmobile.
468091-DSCN3312.JPG

Apparently sink mark formations can be avoided entirely?
Also LOL are people seriously now throwing up this 1:16 scale, dull mat finish, no detail Batmobile for comparison. :lol

Last edited:
Also LOL are people seriously now throwing up this 1:16 scale, dull mat finish, no detail Batmobile for comparison. :lol

We're looking at the injection mold sinks, which also appears in the cheap 1:12 scale Mcfarlane. Maybe read the post ;)

I can already see them again in that thumbnail above before the video is even posted.

Back