Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 scale Die-Cast Tumbler

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He doesn’t know yet, asking for any and all reference currently. The current rendering might be fan made so there’s a chance he scraps that and remakes the rendering more accurately.

The panels would have to be die-cast to make this worthwhile for anyone, the interior isn’t enough to warrant $1.5k.

I think an automatic canopy for this will be necessary. This needs to really wow us.
The Tumbler canopy is rather complex compared to other batmobile canopies. Trying to make it automatic IMO probably isn't worth Joost's time nor our money. However making it sturdier (and the mechanism smoother & easier to operate) than HT's flimsy design should definitely be a goal. But I agree this will need to wow to convince me to spend $1.5K. I bought the HT Tumbler new for @$425 back in 2012 and with the exception of one side flap & one top spoiler I've had to repair it's still in remarkably good shape, but I do get the sense that more of those delicate spoiler cylinders will break if I stare at them for too long lol.

I just draw a blank on what this could offer that would be too good to turn down. I actually got the V2 during last years Spooktacular, still brand new in box yet to be displayed. I’m still awaiting my Moducase shipment, should have by November so its been boxed up sitting in one of my closets.

If this truly becomes a spectacle, I’ll offload the HT.

Joost is saying $1.5-$2K for this due to the die-cast. At that point do we even care about the weight? I feel like all of the exterior main paneling should be die-cast to truly make a difference, more accurate interior design, better more accurate tires, stronger LEDs? What else is there?

Held off the Hot Toys in anticipation of Jazz tackling these. A Batman & Camo tumbler, let's hope these aren't ready to ship till 2026 I need a break 😮‍💨
How many months was the 89 from preorder to release?

Personally I ordered the 89 from the beginning of the PO, in early February 2023 and will probably received it in mid November 2024.
So almost 2 years.

I just draw a blank on what this could offer that would be too good to turn down. I actually got the V2 during last years Spooktacular, still brand new in box yet to be displayed. I’m still awaiting my Moducase shipment, should have by November so its been boxed up sitting in one of my closets.

If this truly becomes a spectacle, I’ll offload the HT.

Joost is saying $1.5-$2K for this due to the die-cast. At that point do we even care about the weight? I feel like all of the exterior main paneling should be die-cast to truly make a difference, more accurate interior design, better more accurate tires, stronger LEDs? What else is there?
If it will be 81cm long as Joost indicated that means it'll be a tad over 3 inches longer than the HT Tumbler (and @2" wider and @1" taller). So along with it being sturdier and having the more accurate details you mentioned, it potentially will have a much more imposing presence than our HT Tumblers. That said, ultimately I think I'm going to need to see a prototype side-by-side with the HT version and be completely blown away in order to pull the trigger this time around.

If it will be 81cm long as Joost indicated that means it'll be a tad over 3 inches longer than the HT Tumbler (and @2" wider and @1" taller). So along with it being sturdier and having the more accurate details you mentioned, it potentially will have a much more imposing presence than our HT Tumblers. That said, ultimately I think I'm going to need to see a prototype side-by-side with the HT version and be completely blown away in order to pull the trigger this time around.
Agreed. The Tumbler will be on the bottom shelf in my Moducases along side the Bat-pod and Armory 2.0, so unless it’s a real night and day difference I don’t see the need to have a $2k vehicle at almost floor level (ordered the eight inch riser shelf drawers).

I want it to blow the HT V2 out of the water, I encourage better product than what I already own. Proper upgrades are my favorite part about the hobby, I don’t want to own a figure that is so old it is an eyesore next to new releases.

One feature I'd like over the HT is diecast flap posts. So many people had broken or broke the flaps on it that I think it would be worth while to upgrade them.

Other than the scaling, is Hot Toys' proportions incorrect too?

I've always had mixed reactions when asking this on the forum - some have said it's perfect, others have said that some details are off. From my personal view, the HT vehicle looks pretty accurate in proportions when compared to pics online of the Tumbler used in TDK. Or, if anything's off with the proportions, I haven't noticed it.

Tumbler? It’ll be nice to finally have a Jazzinc Batmobile that I can happily skip and not regret.

Back