JND / Kojun Works: LOTR - 1:6 Hobbits - Frodo, Sam, Pippin, Merrin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Gandalf-esborra.png

I guess this time JND is trying to beat InArt to the punch. So based on the HP prices, I'm assuming the 4 hobbits will be over $2K. I'll likely see what InArt does, since I've already kind of picked that horse.

I was planning to hop on the InArt LOTR line, but this kinda makes me want to wait and see what JND will offer.
My main concern is the silicone, I just don’t think it will hold up over time and it would be horrible to see your expensive doll break. Also JND’s accessories won’t be made from real materials because the hands can’t handle the weight.
What I do really like about their figures is the real rooted hair and the magnetic eyes, it makes everything so much easier when it comes to posing.

But if all of those will be priced at $600-800 (even more on Kit) I’m probably out.. I don’t mind with a character like Joker, but I’m not sure if I love LOTR enough to pay those prices. Their HP line was a pretty big miss apart from Hermione.

Last edited:
I was planning to hop on the InArt LOTR line, but this kinda makes me want to wait and see what JND will offer.
My main concern is the silicone, I just don’t think it will hold up over time and it would be horrible to see your expensive doll break. Also JND’s accessories won’t be made from real materials because the hands can’t handle the weight.
What I do really like about their figures is the real rooted hair and the magnetic eyes, it makes everything so much easier when it comes to posing.

But if all of those will be priced at $600-800 (even more on Kit) I’m probably out.. I don’t mind with a character like Joker, but I’m not sure if I love LOTR enough to pay those prices. Their HP line was a pretty big miss apart from Hermione.

Gotta weigh those pros and cons!

Did you order the Joker with them? Might be worth getting a single figure from them first to see how you feel about Silicone, glass eyes and the rooted hair, if you like it you know you can jump two feet in with other releases.

If it helps at all, I got Arthur Fleck 3 or so years ago, and his face has only deteriorated probably 30% or so, should last another 5 years, but that's the price to pay with Silicone!

Gotta weigh those pros and cons!

Did you order the Joker with them? Might be worth getting a single figure from them first to see how you feel about Silicone, glass eyes and the rooted hair, if you like it you know you can jump two feet in with other releases.

If it helps at all, I got Arthur Fleck 3 or so years ago, and his face has only deteriorated probably 30% or so, should last another 5 years, but that's the price to pay with Silicone!
I did order their Joker and I think you’re right, it would be best to see how it turns out first before committing to more characters.

Honestly 30% after 3 years sounds like a lot.. Especially for $2-3k. What exactly do you mean with deteriorated? Like paint fading?

The recent InArt Gandalf picture that was posted does look amazing! It really makes me want to get him on the aftermarket.

I really hope that there is a pack of the Lite version offered. If it's the singles I'm also out at $600+ for one. Not into the idea of silicone personally, but also I would want the hobbits to match the Inart figures I'll already have. Also though the PVC heads looked better than the silicone ones in pics, but I know the silicone would win in realism when in hand. Was really impressed with the details JND got on the HP figure's clothing and bet they would nail the outfits for these guys.

I guess this time JND is trying to beat InArt to the punch. So based on the HP prices, I'm assuming the 4 hobbits will be over $2K. I'll likely see what InArt does, since I've already kind of picked that horse.
For the silicone versions maybe. But the above states that there will also be “LITE” versions which would put them in the $300-$400/each range like the LITE versions of the Harry Potter figures

Are we sure they will be 1/6? That post from James leaves a lot open to interpretation. If it is 1/6 hopefully they create payment plans and give plenty of notice. If they are $600 each we are talking about a $2,400 cost!?!?! I cannot imagine spending that in on shot. Hopefully the lite versions are a lot cheaper.

Are we sure they will be 1/6? That post from James leaves a lot open to interpretation. If it is 1/6 hopefully they create payment plans and give plenty of notice. If they are $600 each we are talking about a $2,400 cost!?!?! I cannot imagine spending that in on shot. Hopefully the lite versions are a lot cheaper.
They are 1/6. Otherwise they wouldn’t state that Lite versions are included.

Each figure was $533. Only Quidditch Harry was $600. I’m pretty sure the price for the Lite versions will be the same as before. So around $312 USD each.

Lite versions won't be rooted, though, so they would clash a bit with rooted Inart LOTR figures.
True, but as I mentioned in the JND Harry Potter threads, the pricing for the rooted/silicone will more than likely be about the same price as InArt's rooted versions once you combine them; so those who can afford InArt rooted should be able to afford JND rooted.

When you add up the individual prices of the rooted HP figures, it comes out to even more than the $1600 lump sum for the JND trio. The difference being paying all at once for JND which would be painful for ppl who don't know how to save/set aside that money :lol vs individually with a smaller hit to the wallet.

Last edited:
I did order their Joker and I think you’re right, it would be best to see how it turns out first before committing to more characters.

Honestly 30% after 3 years sounds like a lot.. Especially for $2-3k. What exactly do you mean with deteriorated? Like paint fading?

The recent InArt Gandalf picture that was posted does look amazing! It really makes me want to get him on the aftermarket.

I think Joker will turn out great, the production sample looks crazy good. But definitely wait for that to test the waters if you're unsure

I was messing with Arthur Fleck. All of them are as when I got them. Just follow the rule of handling with gloves, keeping out of direct sunlight etc. the statues will probably remain better than the 1/6, extreme care should be taken with those.

If you take care they'll hold up a long time. JND said the silicone manufacture told 30 years plus before any signs of degradation would be seen, I'd imagine longer to be honest if they're looked after.

I think Joker will turn out great, the production sample looks crazy good. But definitely wait for that to test the waters if you're unsure

I was messing with Arthur Fleck. All of them are as when I got them. Just follow the rule of handling with gloves, keeping out of direct sunlight etc. the statues will probably remain better than the 1/6, extreme care should be taken with those.

If you take care they'll hold up a long time. JND said the silicone manufacture told 30 years plus before any signs of degradation would be seen, I'd imagine longer to be honest if they're looked after.
Yup, that’s definitely the best move right now. Luckily the HP characters weren’t to my liking so it doesn’t feel like I missed out on anything.

I heard a story of someone that was cleaning their Arthur Fleck and accidentally scratched some paint off of him..
But yes I will definitely wear gloves and put him behind glass so dust doesn’t get to the silicone. And I won’t be turning his head like JND was showcasing in one of their videos, looks impressive, but I doubt that would be good for the silicone long term.

Back