Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just stumbled on this Alex Ross art, not sure if I've seen it before. To think, in the early '90s this was the closest we had to the JL...

tumblr_ole23txUOH1tnt8s9o1_1280.jpg

The first versions of DC live action look so good together aesthetically, it's as if they all kept in mind of previous designs. What ashame they were all different eras

Imagine that group in a modern cgi movie.

For example look at The Force Awakens Chewbacca who still looked the same but thanks to better practical costume material and construction plus assistance from cgi you saw him running so smoothly while planting bombs and shooting.

Now imagine Reeve and Keaton doing that.

Imagine that group in a modern cgi movie.

For example look at The Force Awakens Chewbacca who still looked the same but thanks to better practical costume material and construction plus assistance from cgi you saw him running so smoothly while planting bombs and shooting.

Now imagine Reeve and Keaton doing that.

Thank you CGI.

WAAeaZZ.gif

Look at his little rubber cgi body.

**** might as well cgi the old superman head on somebody and call it a day. Boom!

The first versions of DC live action look so good together aesthetically, it's as if they all kept in mind of previous designs.

Especially Bats and Flash. Admittedly they were only a year or two apart, but I always felt Flash's rubberised suit was inspired by Keaton's.

Come to think of it Reeve and Carter were pretty much concurrent too. That was definitely the fabric era.

On a side note, I like to think Battfleck started out in a Bronze-Age-style Batsuit.

Last edited:
personally i think the Adam West Batmobile is the greatest batmobile ever made and nothing will ever top it. the design is amazing and its so iconic, easily the most iconic of all. and hes still to me the best Batman ever either on tv or screen. although i wasnt alive when the show was on but the fact West has lived most of his life known as Batman tells you something. i love Bale but hes Christian Bale. Adam West will forever be seen as Batman just like chris reeve will always be Superman.

i like the 89 batmobile but to me it doesnt hold up to The Tumbler. 89 looks like a sculpture you would find in a museum dedicated to goth culture. Tumbler i feel could be a very real military vehicle that i want to get in it and smash cars, jump off rooftops, crash through barriers etc etc. 89 feels more sculptural and i wouldnt want to scratch it.

BvS vehicles do nothing for me. way too overly designed for my tastes. it looks like it would hurt just getting in the thing. LoL

:lol:lol

I still think that monstrosity is still cooler looking than the Tumbler :chase

My ranking of Bat vehicles.

1. 89 Batmobile

2. Bat-pod

3. Adam West Batmobile

4. Batwing

5. Forever Batmobile

6. BVS Batmobile

7. Tumbler

8. Bat boat 60's

9. Bat lobster

10. Bat Girl Bike 60's

11. B&R Batmobile

12. Adam West bike

13. Robin bike from B&R

14. Bat helicopter 60's

15. Bat boat from Forever

16. Batwing BVS

17. Batwing Forever

I'll say this about the BVS batmobile, it's probably the only batmobile that wouldn't look out of place in any of the big films. I can see the Snyder-mobile looking good in the Nolan films, the 90's films, and 89 Batman.

The 89 Batmobile wouldn't fit in the Nolan films.

I can't see the tumbler with the bat-pot in the 89 Batman film or the other 90's films.

I'll say this about the BVS batmobile, it's probably the only batmobile that wouldn't look out of place in any of the big films. I can see the Snyder-mobile looking good in the Nolan films, the 90's films, and 89 Batman.
I can't see the tumbler with the bat-pot in the 89 Batman film or the other 90's films.
Good point.
One thing I love about BvS is that aesthetically it has good balance between 1940's and 2010's.
Snyder did that with "Watchmen" first, tho it was pretty unbalanced.

personally i think the Adam West Batmobile is the greatest batmobile ever made and nothing will ever top it. the design is amazing and its so iconic, easily the most iconic of all. and hes still to me the best Batman ever either on tv or screen. although i wasnt alive when the show was on but the fact West has lived most of his life known as Batman tells you something. i love Bale but hes Christian Bale. Adam West will forever be seen as Batman just like chris reeve will always be Superman.

i like the 89 batmobile but to me it doesnt hold up to The Tumbler. 89 looks like a sculpture you would find in a museum dedicated to goth culture. Tumbler i feel could be a very real military vehicle that i want to get in it and smash cars, jump off rooftops, crash through barriers etc etc. 89 feels more sculptural and i wouldnt want to scratch it.

BvS vehicles do nothing for me. way too overly designed for my tastes. it looks like it would hurt just getting in the thing. LoL

Very good breakdown.

While I see your point about the 89 being a museum piece that you don't want to damage I view the car as more of a super sleek battering ram rocket made with a highly protective secret formula alloy.

If anything I see the 89 as a tougher car than even the Tumbler tank!

For me it's the 66 car that is the classic museum vehicle.

The 66 is definately the weakest car for battle when compared to the others. But it certainly is an iconic batmobile.

Tumbler I do love for the same reasons you have, it was well utilized in BB, a thankful return to form after the silliness of the Forever and BR vehicles.

BvS car I also like but Affleck looked crooked while sitting in it, like you said painful. :lol

Last edited:
Yeah, the 89 Batmobile is all about Tim Burton. I cannot picture Keaton's Wayne designing or building it, or anyone else. It Burton's. Of course 66 is also of its time as well. Tumbler and BvS look more military and it less about the person who designed it, and more about the vehicle's capabilities. I just dont like the design of BvS or Justice League. Its too much for me. They look more like an alien spacecraft than a Batmobile. I still love the 89, its beautiful. And I love the 66 because its so iconic and when i was a kid in the 80s that was "the batmobile" (before 89). And i absolutely love the Tumbler because the trilogy actually showed it doing a lot of amazing stunts, and had a great origin of where it came from. There was a connection with Bale's Batman and the Tumbler. They just felt right together.

I have always wanted to see a Live-Action Batmobile take the battering ram "bat-head" idea from the '40s and incorporate it into the design. It'd be cool as **** to see the Batmobile bust through a wall, fire off some tear gas, and then just have Batman come in and clean up, as people scurry around.

Back