Hot Toys: The Suicide Squad: Harley Quinn (Artisan Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If my waitlist doesn't convert my best chance is probably finding someone who really wanted Artisan Black Widow and willing to swap. I would love Harley in this outfit but not willing to pay scalper prices. If I can't get her for retail I'll just wait for the next one.

InArt charges about a $100 premium for rooted versus sculpted so that seems to be market rate. The ArtToys Edward Scissorhands rooted is about $150 more than sculpted.

Like you mentioned, I don’t know the true value or expenses involved.

I sent my Sansa Stark (GOT) head sculpt to an artist to get rooted a few years ago - IIRC, that was at least couple hundred (if not more).

but that Sansa root job was a custom one-off to my specifications (not assembly line like Hot Toys) and you’re paying the artist for the labor, time, materials, etc. And Sansa has some semi-complicated braids to replicate.
Any photos of that custom?

Secured mine as well but as others have said, definitely on the higher end considering the suit is most definitely pleather. I got my 2016 Harley rooted and it definitely elevates the figure. I wonder how much demand there would have been for a 2.0 of the 2016 outfit.
I recently secured the 2016 version and she has quickly become one of my favorite figures. I loved Margot Robbie as Harley (thankful I was able to get the new version today) but I didn't really like any of the Suicide Squad movies. I didn't pick up the 2016 outfit & the purple coat Joker because I didn't love the film. I only recently realized I can still love a character and add them to my collection even if I dislike the film.

BigBoss, your rooted upgrade looks phenomenal! Can you please share with me who rooted the figure for you? DM me if you need to. I would love to have mine done. I'm not holding my breath that we will see this in an Artisan version anytime soon.

Last edited:
Any photos of that custom?
1728025055537.jpeg

1728025091316.jpeg

Per your request, these were the Sansa hair pics sent to me before I gave the final OK.

An artist in Taiwan made a batch of Sansa figures with sculpted hair but he shipped my head sculpt direct to Shane Poole in the U.S. to complete the rooted hair. Sansa’s clothing was outsourced to another lady.

I forgot if the hair design was exactly Season 3 but the outfit was what Sansa wore during her “lemon 🍋 cakes” phase in King’s Landing.

Last edited:
Unlike WW, S Witch, Anakin, Sparrow, there’s a new costume here and accessories to design and produce as well. Those costs could be spread out over more units if there was a previous version or a non Artisan edition. My point being, 2000 figures and the price would be higher, 1000 higher still, 500 more $ per figure, and a 1 of a kind = ten$ of thousand$ if not more.
Not that the hair isn’t a driving factor but there’s probably more at play we aren't always privy to.
Artisan Jack Sparrow’s costume was completely redone from the ground up for the most part so it’s pretty much a new costume. Might be a figure they’ve done before but it’s pretty much brand new aside from a few accessory and hand reuse (though there are some new hands too).

I think Scarlet Witch is also in a new done costume but I could be wrong. Again, a figure they’ve done before but with the new body, the new outfit has to be made to fit it. I think the coat is made out of different material but not sure off the top of my head

I guess that's just the way things are going now, with prices rising. Honestly, I feel like I’m almost priced out 😢, so I’m trying to be more selective with my purchases.

Abit off topic, but this one seems like a pretty good deal compared to the Inart Nazgul lol. Similar priced, hes $424 on OSK site with the sword, there’s no head—just black robes covering everything, which feels a bit underwhelming..

Back