Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they do black Superman at least do the best one. And include Cap Carrot while you're at it.

TheMultiversity1.jpg

Was black Superman sent to earth to conquer white women?

It still baffles me that let zack Snyder in charge. Like he made good visually pleasing movies but why on earth did they choose him to be in charge of an entire universe of iconic characters. Superman for one. Superman is campy and fun. He's not supposed to be relatable, he's the guy that everyone wants to be and feel like. He's perfect. Not some dark "maybe I can't do this" hero who looks like he's about to cry.

It still baffles me that let zack Snyder in charge. Like he made good visually pleasing movies but why on earth did they choose him to be in charge of an entire universe of iconic characters. Superman for one. Superman is campy and fun. He's not supposed to be relatable, he's the guy that everyone wants to be and feel like. He's perfect. Not some dark "maybe I can't do this" hero who looks like he's about to cry.

Other than Nolan that retired from the DCU..it seems like no other director seems to want to tackle the DCU for some strange reason. It's not like they give Snyder full power, they probably can't get any other director to commit. :lecture

But it's also strange that WW is having a female director but I guess that's justified.

On the flip side, seems like every Marvel project in the works is appealing to all sorts of different directors

Last edited:
You're partly right, but he is supposed to be relatable, maybe not physically but he's still a farmboy from Kansas who was taught manners and to be humble.

Batman's the one who's not supposed to be relatable unless you have some deep rooted traumas.

That's the most common misconception; That Batman's relatable because he's human and that Superman's not because he's "overpowered".

It pays off to be married to powerful people, thats all im gonna say about that

I still remember the Nolan days. Like him or hate him, those movies were a force to reckon with.

Even freaking TDKR is better than anything marvel has or will ever put out. I miss those days! DC (at least Batman) was a movie you could take a non comics book fan and he/she would enjoy himself and have a conversation about the character.

Nowadays? The DC Universe is nothing but a joke. Affleck might be the best thing to come out out of this disaster, but that's not enough to save this garbage universe.

****ing Batman Forever was rated higher and B&R is only 16% behind than that **** that is BvS. Buuut review eres don't matter! Critics are not important!

My ass they are not. They matter to movie studios!

But hear the apologists say that one needs a degree in rocket science in order to understand Snyder's vision.

**** Snyder and his vision. Fire the mother****er.

Reboot the **** out of this ****.

Last edited:
I saw the red flag when they said "batman will be in the universe for 20 years and superman only 2 or 3" uhhhh what? Then I saw Doomsday in the BVS trailer.

I still remember the Nolan days. Like him or hate him, those movies were a force to reckon with.

Even freaking TDKR is better than anything marvel has or will ever put out. I miss those days! DC (at least Batman) was a movie you could take a non comics book fan and he/she would enjoy himself and have a conversation about the character.

Nowadays? The DC Universe is nothing but a joke. Affleck might be the best thing to come out out of this disaster, but that's not enough to save this garbage universe.

****ing Batman Forever was rated higher and B&R is only 16% behind than that **** that is BvS. Buuut review eres don't matter! Critics are not important!

My ass they are not. They matter to movie studios!

But hear the apologists say that one needs a degree in rocket science in order to understand Snyder's vision.

**** Snyder and his vision. Fire the mother****er.

Reboot the **** out of this ****.

file.php

Other than Nolan that retired from the DCU..it seems like no other director seems to want to tackle the DCU for some strange reason. It's not like they give Snyder full power, they probably can't get any other director to commit. :lecture

But it's also strange that WW is having a female director but I guess that's justified.

On the flip side, seems like every Marvel project in the works is appealing to all sorts of different directors

Yeah, it's not like they didn't hire David Ayer, Patty Jenkins, Joss Whedon, and James Wan to direct their films or anything. And each film has or will have a unique feel that differentiates itself from the other. Compared to Marvel where each film is interchangeable. Thor Ragnarok feels like Guardians. Dr. Strange feels like mystical Iron Man. Civil War was just Avengers 2.5. And so on. There's nothing personal or unique about any of the films. Dr. Strange could have been directed by anybody. The only films in their series that feel unique are the Avengers movies, because they have Whedon's ear for dialogue and comedic sensibilities. Unfortunately, every film since Avengers has been trying to go for that feel unsuccessfully.

Yeah, it's not like they didn't hire David Ayer, Patty Jenkins, Joss Whedon, and James Wan to direct their films or anything. And each film has or will have a unique feel that differentiates itself from the other. Compared to Marvel where each film is interchangeable. Thor Ragnarok feels like Guardians. Dr. Strange feels like mystical Iron Man. Civil War was just Avengers 2.5. And so on. There's nothing personal or unique about any of the films. Dr. Strange could have been directed by anybody. The only films in their series that feel unique are the Avengers movies, because they have Whedon's ear for dialogue and comedic sensibilities. Unfortunately, every film since Avengers has been trying to go for that feel unsuccessfully.

Buddy trust me we know the mcu isn't perfect however that doesn't justify how awful dceu. Honestly they need to do some changing. Not hating but as a concerned fan. Bvs was a cluttered mess. I waited a long time for that movie

Agreed- now hope they get Vaughn for MOS 2 and Gibson for SS 2...

Agreed- now hope they get Vaughn for MOS 2 and Gibson for SS 2...

I would probably be okay with Vaughn for the next Superman, but I hope they don't hire Gibson. He's just not a very good director. Apocalypto was his peak and that was before he went nuts.

I would probably be okay with Vaughn for the next Superman, but I hope they don't hire Gibson. He's just not a very good director. Apocalypto was his peak and that was before he went nuts.

Mel Gibson's a crazy mother****er and a fairly large sized ass hole. That cannot be disputed. Neither can the fact that the dude is a fantastic director; probably a better director than he was an actor, if I'm being honest, and I'm not even saying he wasn't a good actor.

Buddy trust me we know the mcu isn't perfect however that doesn't justify how awful dceu. Honestly they need to do some changing. Not hating but as a concerned fan. Bvs was a cluttered mess. I waited a long time for that movie

I think DC is fine the way it is. Except for one main thing. Better writing!

If they took time with the scripts, even with the dark tone or a different superman and maybe even a murderous Batman would work

WB would be VERY lucky to get Gibson- his stature as a director is pretty up there. Vaughn would be great for Supes but don't know how much WB will let him loose on it...

Back