Justice League Movie (Nov 17th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M40n20s.jpg
#NOTMYLEAGUE

justice-league.jpg

The Coming Soon art is a joke- I'm sure WB will do better on the promo art to come because NOTHING can be as bad as that

It's still troubling to me that DC and WB don't acknowledge how conceptually perfect their animated stuff is. You don't even need to hire Dini and Burnett and Timm to write or direct live-action feature films, because that's not their forte, but just acknowledge the fact that there is no better distillation of everything great about DC's characters than their appearances in the DCAU and ****ing use that to inform what direction you head in.

I kid you not, everybody always saying, "just follow the comics?" The comics are a ****ing mess. As they should be, after over 75 years of clashing, contradictory voices. Follow the cartoons, because they took everything great about multiple iterations of those characters and they built one of the most cohesive, comprehensive, and true universes in the history of these characters. I can honestly say I'd place the DCAU above both DC and Marvel's comic universes in terms of quality, and I'd say they win by default of not being total cluster****s 99.99999% of the time.:lol

I like the animated stuff, but Young Justice was better written than the DC Animated Universe IMO. . .and some of the comics were better (Wolfman/Perez Teen Titans is still tops), though there are inconsistencies. But I do agree with your point that of course you can't stick too heavily with the comics and appease everyone, because there are so many different angles and approaches. Particularly with DC, who have had to reboot their universe 5 or 6 times just in an attempt to develop some logical coherence to what is going on. I think the multiple universes idea pre-Crisis was actually a pretty clean/parsimonious way to handle it all, but. . .people like order.

That's 30% of the team! :lol

Good point. They should just keep Batman, and call it Just-Us League. Get rid of all the dead weight.

It's still troubling to me that DC and WB don't acknowledge how conceptually perfect their animated stuff is. You don't even need to hire Dini and Burnett and Timm to write or direct live-action feature films, because that's not their forte, but just acknowledge the fact that there is no better distillation of everything great about DC's characters than their appearances in the DCAU and ****ing use that to inform what direction you head in.

I kid you not, everybody always saying, "just follow the comics?" The comics are a ****ing mess. As they should be, after over 75 years of clashing, contradictory voices. Follow the cartoons, because they took everything great about multiple iterations of those characters and they built one of the most cohesive, comprehensive, and true universes in the history of these characters. I can honestly say I'd place the DCAU above both DC and Marvel's comic universes in terms of quality, and I'd say they win by default of not being total cluster****s 99.99999% of the time.:lol

This right here. The animated shows for dc were always good. Only a few were bland or forgotten. Young justice, jl, teen titans , Batman tas, beyond, and the new jl action are all amazing shows. Right now dc kills marvel in terms of animation. They have a bunch of clowns working in the movie department trying to play catch up when they should take a slow and steady pace.

I like the animated stuff, but Young Justice was better written than the DC Animated Universe IMO. . .and some of the comics were better (Wolfman/Perez Teen Titans is still tops), though there are inconsistencies. But I do agree with your point that of course you can't stick too heavily with the comics and appease everyone, because there are so many different angles and approaches. Particularly with DC, who have had to reboot their universe 5 or 6 times just in an attempt to develop some logical coherence to what is going on. I think the multiple universes idea pre-Crisis was actually a pretty clean/parsimonious way to handle it all, but. . .people like order.

Good point. They should just keep Batman, and call it Just-Us League. Get rid of all the dead weight.

Young Justice was phenomenal as well. Like I said, the point is that these animated universes often provide the perfect roadmap for how best to adapt the material in that they take the best elements of those many different angles and approaches you mentioned and create a more cohesive and well rounded vision of the characters. I like that the Batman of The Animated Series, in his youth, embodies the sort of swashbuckling, more adventurous Batman of the Late-Silver/Early-Bronze Age, while the Bruce Wayne of Batman Beyond resembles the more world weary and angry Bruce Wayne featured in Miller's work, albeit sans the borderline psychopathy.:lol There are elements of Kane and Finger to be found, as well, with the theme from Burton's films, and it just encapsulates "Batman," as no single comic book, to my mind, could.

These filmmakers could learn a lot from how these characters have been adapted to other media, is what I'm saying. Young Justice included. I still would love to see YJ's third season to give the show the second chance it deserves, because, nearly, I feel like it could've been the second coming of the DCAU, with a Justice League series based on their versions from the show, and, possibly, even some solo series later on.

I love my DC animated collection hell even the weaker ones are fun to watch.

Marvel animated movies are complete trash though lol

I can just barely sit thru the Ultimates double feature.

Oh man you name it they're all barfy but yes some are worse than others.

Marvel animated is equivalent to Marvel live action movies from 1977 to 1995 lol.

As a hardcore DC fanboy, The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and The Spectacular Spider-Man were two shows I enjoyed tremendously, and I thought EMH was probably the closest Marvel has ever come to reaching DC in animation. Anybody remember that weird NPH Spider-Man series on MTV back in the early 2000s?:lol It was different, but I kind of dug it.

As a hardcore DC fanboy, The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and The Spectacular Spider-Man were two shows I enjoyed tremendously, and I thought EMH was probably the closest Marvel has ever come to reaching DC in animation. Anybody remember that weird NPH Spider-Man series on MTV back in the early 2000s?:lol It was different, but I kind of dug it.

That Spider-Man series took some getting used to

Back