Statue Kotobukiya - Hulk (Classic Avengers Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent pictures everyone. Hopefully I will have mine soon. Can someone post a picture of the statue inside of a detolf please? This will be my first sculpture so I just want an idea of how it might fit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

aga5y8y7.jpg

Sorry for phone quality pic. Mine is on bottom shelf. Weight makes me nervous with the glass shelves.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Looks great with the bowens

And then some! Love your choices for this Avengers display. Looks Awesome

Nice display

Thanks guys.

I had the Bowen Variant Hulk first but really went for this after seeing it at the NYCC and thought it would look better. So the variant went the way of the bay and this one fits much better to me.
I like the grittier look and the detailed musculature with the veins as opposed to the smooth, shiny look of the Bowen. I also like the semi action pose, facial expression and the lighter green better. I see no problem
with the eyes(no pun intended)he just appears to be peeking to his left.

Last edited:
Thanks Jbonome25! That's exactly what I was looking for. So it's too heavy for the glass shelf in your opinion?

Thanks Jbonome25! That's exactly what I was looking for. So it's too heavy for the glass shelf in your opinion?

For me, yes. I had a bowen spiderman, the koto venom and a gg bust on one shelf with no problems (together all pretty heavy) but with this I was just nervous. Even if the glass shelf holds I've heard of the welds giving way on the metal frames that support the shelves.

vubavety.jpg

I'm fairly new to the collecting game so maybe others could chime in and correct me of km wrong? I would prefer him up on one of the glass shelves. Looking down at him on bottom is a bad display angle Imo. Once I move I plan on getting a besta for my heavier pieces.

Having to go on the bottom would definetely change my display plans so that is good to know. For whatever reason when I put a indivdual item on the bottom shelf I feel like I'm saying it's of less value than the ones on the higher shelf. I'm just strange like that. So I use the bottom shelf to set up battle scenes with my Masterpiece Transformer figures.

Each shelf is supposed to hold 13lbs. Any idea how heavy hulk is?

Having to go on the bottom would definetely change my display plans so that is good to know. For whatever reason when I put a indivdual item on the bottom shelf I feel like I'm saying it's of less value than the ones on the higher shelf. I'm just strange like that. So I use the bottom shelf to set up battle scenes with my Masterpiece Transformer figures.

Each shelf is supposed to hold 13lbs. Any idea how heavy hulk is?

Shipping weight on amazon says 12.4 lbs. Shipping is higher than just statue so you should be OK.

Got mines today, and in person it's definitely a darker shade of green than what I expected out of the pictures which are more neon green but I definitely like it! No googly eyes issues either. It's massive and as big as Bowen's Hulk but I love the musculature in this better.

s58c.jpg

zy9m.jpg
lzmx.jpg

8ean.jpg

td4t.jpg

oszu.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats!

It's funny to me people are holding off to find it cheaper. In my experience kotobukiya stuff is marked down the most by retailers from the get go. Popculturezone.com has this for $189. I was able to get mine a bit cheaper from an excellent seller on ebay I go to time and time again. Username is gadgetdynamix. If you're in US (even if you're not) Email him at [email protected] and see what he can do for you. he's a great guy, great prices. Tell him I (john) sent you.

My main reason for holding off isn't for a cheaper price (but that would be nice). I'm trying to see if there is a pattern for which might be the good ones. For now I'm thinking the ones with a 3000+ edition # is what I want ..... maybe.

My main reason for holding off isn't for a cheaper price (but that would be nice). I'm trying to see if there is a pattern for which might be the good ones. For now I'm thinking the ones with a 3000+ edition # is what I want ..... maybe.

Very good point. Really no way to guarantee that. If it helps mine shipped direct from Koto and arrived at week ago and it was over 3000.

I wasn't trying to call anyone out specifically either. Just an observation I've noticed at the forums I'm on.

I wish I could know what edition # mine will have prior to it's arrival. Oh well, it will be here tomorrow so I will find out soon enough!

Congrats!

It's funny to me people are holding off to find it cheaper. In my experience kotobukiya stuff is marked down the most by retailers from the get go. Popculturezone.com has this for $189. I was able to get mine a bit cheaper from an excellent seller on ebay I go to time and time again. Username is gadgetdynamix. If you're in US (even if you're not) Email him at [email protected] and see what he can do for you. he's a great guy, great prices. Tell him I (john) sent you.

He is Good!!!

He is Good!!!

ABSOLUTELY! You cant do better! I got my Hulk from Chris and he is one of the most honest, intelligent, on top of things guys in the industry so if you are looking for someone to count on Chris is a great go to guy for your Koto statues and other stuff. Best Price and I I already have my Hulk. :exactly:

ABSOLUTELY! You cant do better! I got my Hulk from Chris and he is one of the most honest, intelligent, on top of things guys in the industry so if you are looking for someone to count on Chris is a great go to guy for your Koto statues and other stuff. Best Price and I I already have my Hulk. :exactly:

Exactly!

Mine arrived today.. edition number 3141!! No googly eyes!!:yess:

Excellent figure. I was surprised at how solid this thing is. The sculpt is great and I love the color. Even my wife was impressed.

My goal is to have him and my Hot Toys Avengers Thor figure square off.. the trick is getting both to fit on a detolf shelf. Crappy low light pics but here is what I have come up with so far.

2qt8xoi.jpg

6gvryv.jpg

And I have to give a thumbs up to Anime-Island.com where I ordered it from. This was my first purchase from them. I held the pre-order with 20% deposit and when the figure arrived they notified me via email so that I could pay the remaining balance. I paid it yesterday around 10am EST. I received notification that it had shipped yesterday via FedEx. It freakin arrived TODAY! That's service!!

Back