Statue Kotobukiya Spider-man Unleashed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ugh so turns out I won't be getting it.... yet
I ordered it from here
https://www.thecomicbookmarket.com/apr121800.html
and it said in stock when I ordered it. I followed up after my paypal payment and then they said that they didn't have anymore and cancelled my order. They refunded my paypal payment though thankfully. Back to bay it is then.

Someone in the BST section listed on earlier for 300...

ugh so turns out I won't be getting it.... yet
I ordered it from here
https://www.thecomicbookmarket.com/apr121800.html
and it said in stock when I ordered it. I followed up after my paypal payment and then they said that they didn't have anymore and cancelled my order. They refunded my paypal payment though thankfully. Back to bay it is then.

I ordered mine from Movie Direct Replicas a month ago so I don't know if they still have any but check'em out.

Anybody locate these online? I've checked everywhere...only ebay has some, and they're $300. Put in a preorder for Venom. Sad I missed this :(

My pics won't do the statue any justice so I decided to just use this one. I'm horrible with the camera lol. I also accidentally left out the web coming out of his hand.

I just want to say that I love this statue! Like others, the lines aren't 100% perfect which was expected. You'd only notice that if you hold it up close to inspect it anyways. On display, however, it looks great. I also love the choice of colors being darker. They could have left the metallic out but it doesn't really bother me. Erick did a great job with the details and also executed the pose perfectly. It doesn't look cheesy at all. The base fits the statue well but I'm pretty neutral about it. I don't hate it but I don't really care for it either. Maybe some touch up paint could bring it to life. Some people feel this is too small but, this is my first 1/6 statue and I definitely feel more comfortable collecting these over the 1/4. There are lots of amazing 1/4 statues but unfortunately I sold the few that I had since those are just too big for my taste. That's what she said (>.<) lol. I've never seen a 1/5 statue in person so maybe those will work as well.

When all is said and done, the paint was the only fall back for me however, I don't think the sculpt could of been done any better.

shot out to filip629. Thanks for the heads up man!

igasn4.jpg

Congratulations on an amazing piece!! I have also gotten rid of most of my 1/4 scale collection for the more affordable, space conscious and very dynamic looking 1/6 scale line (Bowen & Koto primarily). I am very pleased with my newer collection and I am looking forward to grow it even more. I still have a few 1/4 and 1/5 pieces (my favorite ones) but I am not adding any more for the time being.

My pics won't do the statue any justice so I decided to just use this one. I'm horrible with the camera lol. I also accidentally left out the web coming out of his hand.

I just want to say that I love this statue! Like others, the lines aren't 100% perfect which was expected. You'd only notice that if you hold it up close to inspect it anyways. On display, however, it looks great. I also love the choice of colors being darker. They could have left the metallic out but it doesn't really bother me. Erick did a great job with the details and also executed the pose perfectly. It doesn't look cheesy at all. The base fits the statue well but I'm pretty neutral about it. I don't hate it but I don't really care for it either. Maybe some touch up paint could bring it to life. Some people feel this is too small but, this is my first 1/6 statue and I definitely feel more comfortable collecting these over the 1/4. There are lots of amazing 1/4 statues but unfortunately I sold the few that I had since those are just too big for my taste. That's what she said (>.<) lol. I've never seen a 1/5 statue in person so maybe those will work as well.

When all is said and done, the paint was the only fall back for me however, I don't think the sculpt could of been done any better.

shot out to filip629. Thanks for the heads up man!

igasn4.jpg

Congrats Kai! Very happy to see that you were able to score this at retail. When I originally saw this, the website had 2 in-stock. I PMd you and another member (Sharlene) since I thought they had 2 and she was looking for one as well. You just got lucky and pulled the trigger quicker than Sharlene. They notified her and told her that they didn't have the proper inventory count and refunded her money after she already purchased one because you beat her to the punch. You bought the only one they actually had in-stock. Looks like it was meant to be.:lol

I hope you enjoy the piece. I think it is the most dynamic Spidey statue I have ever seen. Sosa really did KILL this sculpt. The paint apps on this piece could have been better but unless you are inches away from the piece and really looking for imperfections, this statue really stands out. This is certainly the best Spidey statue in its scale IMO. Glad to see you were able to add it to your collection.

Thanks guys. Yea the painting app wasn't bad at all. I'd say the fallback I was referring to was more about the base than anything else. It just looks a little bland and I think someone with some painting skills could probably add some simple touch ups to really make the details that are there stick out more. Maybe I'm just being too picky though.

I haven't followed the thread but I just saw Sharlene's post.. I feel kind of bad now =\ I really hope you're able to find one soon! I'll make sure I keep an eye out

Is this a limited run piece or will kotobukiya continue to make more as demand dictates? Sorry if this is an obvious question but I haven't seen any mention of a finite supply. I'd like to pick one up but $350 seems outrageous, especially when I already have the SSC comiquette.

Thanks

So with this going up in price recently and me still not having seen it in person i had to dive in and pick it up and luckily got it at an excellent price.

I was waiting for Bowen to do a modern action spidey but it doesn't look like it's happening any time soon.

This is easily the best Spider-man at this scale, very very nicely done and deserves all the praise it gets.

20130605194717-f75489b4.jpg

20130605194719-df864538.jpg

20130605194720-d561a5c8.jpg

20130605194722-217e6ff7.jpg

20130605194724-4e96644f.jpg

20130605194726-eb7642f0.jpg

20130605194728-cdf4bd7a.jpg

Back