LEGO Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, Jabba's palace arrived yesterday... but I work late on Thursday so no time to open it up until this evening. Still, the box was very good looking :lol

No building. The wife started asking about the bathroom again, so any building is probably put on hold until that stupid thing is done.

I am still admiring the Turtle set, though. :lol

btw, what did you do to your wife? You didn't try to pull a Costanza and have sex and build legos at the same time, did you? :lol

Finished the Death Star today. :) Took about 3 weeks, but there many days when we did nothing or almost nothing.

lego_death_star01.jpg

I tried to take pictures as we went along for a sort of stop-motion effect. It's difficult though.

death_star_build01.gif

Here are a few shots of the individual rooms.

lego_death_star18.jpg

lego_death_star17.jpg

lego_death_star19.jpg

lego_death_star20.jpg

lego_death_star14.jpg

lego_death_star16.jpg

lego_death_star15.jpg

Well you can sort of see it in the stop-motion above. It's just a smaller circular layer, but I guess the way they've designed it keeps it stable. It is pretty heavy though.

Great pics icruise! And just an fyi guys Target is having a BOGO 1/2 OFF sale on all Star Wars toys. They don't ring up but there are signs in the LEGO aisle and if you take them to Guest Services they will honor the sale. Great deals to be had.

Congrats on completing the Death Star. What took you three weeks, took me about 9 months, but I am a lazy jerk and left it unfinished for a really long time.

The Death Star is a really fun build.

The design is amazing.

It all sits over an approximately 7" diameter base, but it's designed so that all the weight is distributed equally.

If you look carefully, you'll see walls and pillars that not only create the individual rooms but also support the weight coming from the floor above.

The floors themselves are composed of several layers, the thickest being the very center floor (where the Death Star is at it's widest).

I've carried mine from table to desk to the floor to a shelf, rinse and repeat. You don't even need to hold the very bottom of the Death Star. The trick is to try and get your hands onto those four bottom support structures. If you watch icruise's stop-motion build, you'll these four support structures on the very first still.

:lol No, I told her she "sucked" while we were bickering. I was tired and ran my mouth when I needed to just agree. Nothing big, I'll just need to be extra nice now.

Been there... nothing like getting in a petty fight while playing with toys to make you feel like a man :lol

I built Jabba's palace on the 12th, great set. It does feel like I should get a bit more for the money; but overall it's still damn cool and I think will look awesome once the Rancor Pit is added to it.

I took some pics, but haven't had a chance to edit them... so hopefully tonight I'll post some up :duff

I tried to take pictures as we went along for a sort of stop-motion effect. It's difficult though.

death_star_build01.gif

:lol that is great man :rock :rock

Such an impressive set... I really hope one day some one creates a high-end Death Star replica. I'd love to have a basketball sized DS or DSII :rock :rock :rock

Here's some pics of Jabba, the Skiff and a few other recent pick-ups.

eep-1.jpg

eeq-1.jpg

eer-1.jpg

ees-1.jpg

eeo-1.jpg

The AT-ST, Snowspeeder, Wampa and Hoth guys got bumped down to a lower shelf.

Back