Little Big Planet...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally received my copy of LBP2 last night, so I'm ready for the next chapter in the 100% quest. Mind you, we still need to collect those missing stickers on Marvel level 2 in LBP1. After that, though, it's LBP2 all the way!

I finally received my copy of LBP2 last night, so I'm ready for the next chapter in the 100% quest. Mind you, we still need to collect those missing stickers on Marvel level 2 in LBP1. After that, though, it's LBP2 all the way!

I'd be in for some LBP2. I have the strategy guide...:naughty

Cool. I'm printing off a guide as we speak, too. Ten to one Kabuki's already got all the prize bubbles, except for the multiplayer ones. The keener...

:lecture I think I have 'em all but the multi-player ones and there are a few really fast paced levels that I'm sure I missed a few on.

Well, on the plus side, the temporary (?) shutdown of the Playstation Network gave me a chance to play some LBP2. I've now completed the first four chapters and have aces in all but four levels.

On the negative side, I'm now rarin' to play me some multiplayer!

Finished LBP2 over the weekend so I'm ready for our 100% run.

Anytime you want to get multiplayer up and running again, Sony... :tap

Got my PS3 back today but it looks like I have probobly lost all my data because when I put my hd in the system it says I have to format it. Anyone know a good way to get stuff off of a hd?

Got my PS3 back today but it looks like I have probobly lost all my data because when I put my hd in the system it says I have to format it. Anyone know a good way to get stuff off of a hd?

It's a SATA HD, so you can plug it into an open slot on your computer, or plug it into SATA cradle (or external SATA cable).

You'll be able to get unprotected saves off, but not downloaded games or tracks for music games. I think only Capcom really does the protected saves thing, but I'm not really sure.

If you have any music game tracks, you can call Sony and they'll set you up. It's a bit of a hassle, but if you push enough and get connected with the right person, you'll be able to redownload your music purchases.

Any games you downloaded will be able to be downloaded through the PSN Store, should it ever come back up.

It's a SATA HD, so you can plug it into an open slot on your computer, or plug it into SATA cradle (or external SATA cable).

You'll be able to get unprotected saves off, but not downloaded games or tracks for music games. I think only Capcom really does the protected saves thing, but I'm not really sure.

If you have any music game tracks, you can call Sony and they'll set you up. It's a bit of a hassle, but if you push enough and get connected with the right person, you'll be able to redownload your music purchases.

Any games you downloaded will be able to be downloaded through the PSN Store, should it ever come back up.

Not worried about the music just the game saves is that cable something I can pick up at wal mart pretty cheap?

I don't think it's something Wal-Mart would stock, but maybe Radio Shack or Best Buy.

This is the type of dohickey you're looking for: [ame="https://www.amazon.com/USB-SATA-5-25-Cable-Adapter/dp/B000YJBL78"]Amazon.com: USB 2.0 to SATA + IDE (2.5 / 3.5 / 5.25") Cable Adapter: Electronics[/ame]

Prices range from $10-ish to $100-ish. I think that if you're able to find one at a local store, it would be about $20-ish.

Kain hate to break you that bad news, but I am not finding anyway to get data off the drive. Tried 2-3 tricks and they didnt work, and after searching some it looks like there is no way to do it.

Damn so I've lost all those game saves. Looks like my only hope is when they get the PSN back up I can log in and get all my info and then try switching the drives.:gah:

Laaaaaaaaaaame. I know I've done this at least once. I'll see if I can find one of my old PS3 hard drives and muck around with it to see if I can get get the save data off. If I can, I'll post how I did here.

After hitting the googles, it doesn't look good though. I guess saves are encrypted. I don't know if that's new or if I somehow subverted the encryption when I did it years ago.

Funny how they think to encrypt game saves, but our personal data? No, that can be plain text. :mad:

I can handle loosing most of my saves but the ones that are a kick in the nuts are the LBP save with all the stickers and my MLB The Show 1st basemen who I had worked through the minors and was in my second year in the majors. Hopefully my GT5 cars will be saved on the GT servers than again I am probably ____ed on that one too.

It's not encryption per say. Sony created a file system not readable by other OS. I tried windows , Linux and a data recovery software and none recognized the partition.

Well, if worse comes to worse, Kain, I can make a backup of my 100% LBP save file and send it your way. Hopefully that will work. If not, I'm game for another play-through. :rock

Well, if worse comes to worse, Kain, I can make a backup of my 100% LBP save file and send it your way. Hopefully that will work. If not, I'm game for another play-through. :rock

Unfortunately, I doubt that'll work. I believe game saves are tied to the user account, so they can't be shared.

:rock:rock:rock

Even the mine cart?:monkey3:lol

Hey, I'd probably be up for it, too. I'm trying to introduce the girlfriend to gaming and I think LBP would be a good place to start. We could probably help FQRizzo get his 100% as well, and get those 3 or so stickers we're missing on Marvel level 2.

And then. Finally. We can move onto LBP2.

Unfortunately, I doubt that'll work. I believe game saves are tied to the user account, so they can't be shared.

Yeah they are and I'm hoping thats why when I put the hard drive in my system it wants to format it because it doesn't recognize my account and if and when the PSN goes up I can put the hd in there and everything works.

Back