LOST Juliet Burke Commission

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How will the front hair curls work with a mold--seems like they could be problematic. Will they be molded separately and attached later like the pony tail may be?
Thanks, Rande

Ouch, Bravo, please, count me in for one.

Hi Red Chap - added to the list - Welcome!

How will the front hair curls work with a mold--seems like they could be problematic. Will they be molded separately and attached later like the pony tail may be?
Thanks, Rande

Hey Rande - the longer curl will be cast seperately, I'm not positive about the shorter one. I think it will be okay because it is so close to the face and doesn't got below the chin, but I'll get back to you.

With the quickness - new pics:

J20.jpg

J19.jpg

J18.jpg

J17.jpg

J15.jpg

J14.jpg

J13.jpg

I think that's about all she wrote unless you all see something? Let me know what you think!

I think it´s perfect except for the nose. It looks a bit off (the nostrils part) on the front look, haven´t checked Elizabeth Mitchell´s nose that close so can´t tell for sure though. Other than that it´s perfect. To me anyway.

Here´s what I mean (non symmetrical nostrils and either the nose a little bit off to the left OR the mouth a little bit off to the right)

15qry93.jpg

Original pic:

J18.jpg

Last edited:
So close!!! Get some detail on the hair tendrils then have her cast up , take my money and send her off!! :D

ishot-5.jpg
21357_lost-elizabeth-mitchell-abc.jpg

Nose is correct....do you see what's going on with the left corner of her mouth (our right) in all three pictures? A little dimple that says, "I'm onto you"?

I still think the nostrils aren´t symetrical and mouth and nose aren´t centered (it has nothing to do with the smirk or anything, the top of the mouth is not centered with the nose).
J18.jpg

But it´s okay, it´s just like a little little little little bit off and maybe it´s just me who can´t see it properly (or the angle of the pic).

I´ll be happy with it anyway if it´s casted like this, no prob. It´s beautiful :)

Can´t wait!!! :D

Karen, I was looking more at the differences between the nostrils, but I also think the photo you omitted is the one that suggests most strongly that the sculptor has captured an asymmetry she really has. I discovered a couple of things when I was Googling for pictures -- one, this actress is very careful about what angles she's photographed from. It's hard to find a straight-on shot of her. She may be conscious of that crookedness, and savvy about hiding it from the camera. And second...there's a lot of internet chatter about whether she's had a nose job (!)

I also noticed that the left side of her mouth, with the dimple, is a bit higher than her right, but I figure the sculptor has to make a judgement about how much to idealize, and which flaws to keep. He or she must have seen how off center the cupid's bow and philtral columns are related to the nose (in the sculpt, I mean). I do think that the differences between the nostrils themselves are correct, though...and now I wonder too, nose job? It would be interesting to know what the sculptor thinks of all our notes, whether any came as a surprise, or whether we've pointed out things that were intentional.

I think we've all made it clear that the sculpt is already a winner, and we're just offering observations with no real way to know what's a tweak and what's a major overhaul. I hope that's what's being conveyed. I hope the sculptor gets jazzed by the notes.

The pic I omitted, I did because I thought it was not a good pic of her, maybe because of the angle, it made it look like her nostrils aren´t the same side, but on other pics from LOST they are symetrical. So even if she had a nose job, I suppose it was before LOST, and it´s Juliet from LOST who I wanna see on the sculpt, not Elizabeth Mitchell.

Example: (symetrical nostrils)

juliet-lost.jpg

https://crushable.com/files/2009/03...5-elizabeth-mitchell-v-series-abc-lost-br.jpg

But maybe it´s just the angle of the pic (the sculpt one I mean) and/or the shadows.

Anyway, I know the sculptor and he is a professional. He´s very picky with his sculpts, always trying to reach perfection, so I´m sure if there´s really anything off, even if it´s just a little bit off, he will know and fix it so I´m not worried.
And I know he checks this board so if there was anything he could have missed he surely knows by now (or will now very soon) so he will fix it if he really thinks it needs to be fixed.

So come on!! I want my headsculpt for yesterday! :clap

Edit: when I´m the age of Elizabeth I wanna look like her, she´s SO beautiful, so pretty. Please God, make me look like her when I´m older :D

All great notes guys. I'd be happy with the sculpt as is (after adding some detail to the obviously unfinished hair tendrils), but if the few minor tweaks mentioned above between KR and Gruff get done I wouldn't complain either. ;)

Just had to revisit this thread. I'm doing some work on my soon to be 'Dharma-fied' Clipboard for her, so I need some inspiration.

Great takeaways here guys -- I’ll head back to the sculptor with them.

Re the mouth lining up with the nose -- I just checked in the mirror and if you put one side of your mouth into a smirk, it pulls the mouth off to one side - I think it replicates what’s in the sculpt as it is.

Last edited:
That´s not exactly what I mean I see off, but never mind, really, I guess it´s just the pic or me if none of you see what I see.
Let it be, it´s okay as it is, I fear if the sculptor tries to fix that, he will change something else that´s already perfect, so I think it´s better to just ignore what I said and, if anything, to try to add that dimple someone suggested and/or just improve the hair thing and that´s all :)

It keeps getting better,i think it was fine as it was but there is always room for improvement i guess :wink1:

Will you try a Kate after you're done with Juliet?

Last edited:
Will you try a Kate after you're done with Juliet?

As I've said before, I wouldn't want anyone to go out and buy anything just yet, because you never know what could happen, but that's the plan right now - Kate and Hurley - not sure who'll be first, but it'll be one of them.

Back