1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if it's all SW items. I had to wait three months for Phase II Rex.

:dunno

Maybe SS chooses which figure goes up for eligibility and when based on their EX selling out or based on their edition size or on their profit margin.

But I definitely use each month's coupon to knock off $20 on my preorders.

Me neither. Considering dropping my exclusive pre-order to grab the regular edition $20 cheaper.

Was thinking of doing the same the other day. I like the little exclusive pieces but I'd never display them, only use them for pics.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but does anyone think SSC is just adding $20 to their figures now to just compensate for the $20 coupon that people will use on it down the road? Therefore, this figure would normally be $220. Just a random thought because I can't see how they want that much for a figure with nothing as far as accessories. :dunno

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but does anyone think SSC is just adding $20 to their figures now to just compensate for the $20 coupon that people will use on it down the road? Therefore, this figure would normally be $220. Just a random thought because I can't see how they want that much for a figure with nothing as far as accessories. :dunno

Even at $220, this guy is grossly overpriced.

Even at $220, this guy is grossly overpriced.

Agreed.

It just feels stupid because SSC has been throwing in thumbs up hands and other silly hands with Clones for years. Every molded part here can be re-used for numerous Rebel Pilots, so to give him so little and charge so much. . . I can't think of any reason to justify it.

At least SSC now knows that $240 is too damn much! No two ways about it. No one (not many) orders, it'll signal them to adjust for the next

$240 is really too expensive. Especially when a switch of headsculpt allows the option of more pilot releases.

Agreed.

It just feels stupid because SSC has been throwing in thumbs up hands and other silly hands with Clones for years. Every molded part here can be re-used for numerous Rebel Pilots, so to give him so little and charge so much. . . I can't think of any reason to justify it.
He's got holding gloves hands, that's different. I just got Stormshadow in record time, four days international. He has clawed hands and ninja throwing star hands as well as bow firing hands! Luke should have come with an extra helmet.

Hey, did luke have his lightsaber on him when he took on that Deathstar?

I get why everyone is pissed. Lol@SS for even having the balls to come out with a 240$figure, when they still haven't proven they can play with the big boys yet.

Look the only the ONLY way this figure is going to sell is if it's just as good as the prototype. End of story! People will be less forgiving if still a little pissed.

But if it looks as shoddy as most SS human releases... It's over Johnny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get why everyone is pissed. Lol@SS for even having the balls to come out with a 240$figure, when they still haven't proven they can play with the big boys yet.

Look the only the ONLY way this figure is going to sell is if it's just as good as the prototype. End of story! People will be less forgiving if still a little pissed.

But if it looks as shoddy as most SS human releases... It's over Johnny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Yes. This.

I think it's safe to assume that it will look like the proto. Anything else would be a total catastrophe. Cash grab or delusions or whatever you might call it, they (SSC) must be confident that they can deliver on the promise of the proto. If not it's over for them so I can't imagine they would risk that.

$240 is really too expensive. Especially when a switch of headsculpt allows the option of more pilot releases.

Maybe they have decided that there won't be any other pilot releases. Would anyone pay around $200 for a Biggs or Wedge? Perhaps their business model has changed and they are going to produce less figures per year, concentrating more on core characters, especially with a new trilogy coming.

Let's repeat this for clarity - it is a vocal minority that has a problem with the price of this figure. So pipe down and let the majority have their say.:lol

Maybe they have decided that there won't be any other pilot releases. Would anyone pay around $200 for a Biggs or Wedge? Perhaps their business model has changed and they are going to produce less figures per year, concentrating more on core characters, especially with a new trilogy coming.

Biggs and Wedge would have been decent bare-bones $160 follow-ups with single head/helmet in the wake of a more elaborate $190 Luke X-Wing with two different sculpts (one w/helmet, one not) plus loose helmet, gloves-in-hands and maybe a blaster as a nod to the Kenner fig.

If they wanted to go with the $220-240 price point, go DX - toss in all the pieces for snowspeeder Luke with third ESB head and lighsaber. $240 for a catch-all DX Luke pilot would have been a must-have release.

anwe;7298431[B said:
]I think it's safe to assume that it will look like the proto. [/B]Anything else would be a total catastrophe. Cash grab or delusions or whatever you might call it, they (SSC) must be confident that they can deliver on the promise of the proto. If not it's over for them so I can't imagine they would risk that.

I sure don't.

Hell, i think if Hoth Luke and Han aren't dead on it may be over.

I sure don't.

Hell, i think if Hoth Luke and Han aren't dead on it may be over.

I'm torn between proudly hanging onto my PO's or cancelling and cowering until in-hand pics are up. Hanging on for now, aka $400 gamble. These are must-haves for me, but if it's another Drake...

I think it's safe to assume that it will look like the proto. Anything else would be a total catastrophe. Cash grab or delusions or whatever you might call it, they (SSC) must be confident that they can deliver on the promise of the proto. If not it's over for them so I can't imagine they would risk that.

Like Nathan Drake and their other recent human heads? It's not safe to assume anything. They have never produced a human sculpt at this price level of sophistication.

Back