Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't understand the hate for this movie... All the destruction? Uhhh if you were actively thinking about that during the movie did you actively think about it during the Avengers, Pacific Rim, Transformers, Independence Day. Cities get destroyed in a lot of movies. And he didn't wasn't causing the majority of the destruction, alien technology was.

Superman on the other hand, unlike the others, can rebuild a city in a blink of an eye.

I don't hate it I whist wish the writing was better. Why introduce jor-el, set him up as the man that has all the answers for Clark, then when a huge threat appears never consult him at all. I understand the whole God reference, but even Jesus talked to his father for guidance. It just seemed like Snyder wanted to destroy and kill because he thought it was cool.

Jor-el's story may not be finished. Who knows...

I don't think it plausible for superman to call a timeout when being attacked by an Alien race, and while others are dying to ask his father questions about Zod especially when he would have to go off-site away from the attack to do so.

And what would he have learned if he did so? Zod was given no weakness in this story.

Jor-el's story may not be finished. Who knows...

I don't think it plausible for superman to call a timeout when being attacked by an Alien race, and while others are dying to ask his father questions about Zod especially when he would have to go off-site away from the attack to do so.

And what would he have learned if he did so? Zod was given no weakness in this story.

I never said call a time out. I was referring to when he went to church before all the action happened. He went there seeking answers. Why not just go to the guy who told him his whole history and gave him the super suit? It just seemed like a huge plot hole to me and excuse to destroy stuff.

Correction. Looks like Amazon will deliver it a day early and I'll have it tomorrow.

Nice, I'll have to wait that extra day. I'm not even sure which version I wanna get, I've heard theres gonna be several available.

Nice, I'll have to wait that extra day. I'm not even sure which version I wanna get, I've heard theres gonna be several available.

I almost got the CE edition with the cool case but I've got so many Middle-earth related items coming I tried to save a little money.

I almost got the CE edition with the cool case but I've got so many Middle-earth related items coming I tried to save a little money.

Had to look it up, thats a pretty impressive looking set.OMG the commenst for the movie on Amazon look like a regurg of this MoS thread (pro vs con), and here we are thinking of ourselves as special snowflakes. :lol

Had to look it up, thats a pretty impressive looking set.OMG the commenst for the movie on Amazon look like a regurg of this MoS thread (pro vs con), and here we are thinking of ourselves as special snowflakes. :lol

Yeah, it looked pretty cool. I really wanted to get it but I just have to be good money wise. Those comments are pretty funny and very much like us here. :rotfl

Yup. Routh was better and so was Superman Returns. Gonna go back in hiding now before I get assassinated.

C'mon now, tis gonna be okay, everybody's entitled to have the wrong opinion :1-1:

:lol I keed I keed.

I like SR too and I like Routh too, his performance was pretty good and he seems like a good guy, such a shame he doesn't get enough love.

C'mon now, tis gonna be okay, everybody's entitled to have the wrong opinion :1-1:

:lol I keed I keed.

I like SR too and I like Routh too, his performance was pretty good and he seems like a good guy, such a shame he doesn't get enough love.

SR is the DC version of ASM.

Garfield I like as Parker, but didn't like the ASM basketball suit. Routh made a nice Clark, but just didn't like how Superman was handled in the film. Neither film was the actors fault tho.

I never saw Superman Returns properly, I was at a bar when it was on. I think I should give it another try.

To be honest, when I first saw it in theaters I hated it. Then I saw Man of Steel in theaters and hated that. Recently went back and watched Superman Returns and loved it. I think MOS made me appreciate SR more but who knows, I will give MOS another try when it comes out on bluray

Nah - that's not right. :lol

Correct, Brandon was every inch a capable and decent Superman, he just never got to do that much as Superman other than stalk his girlfriend...just as I think that Henry will be recognised as a more understandable Superman when they give him something more worthwhile to do in the second film.

AKA, I hope they do learn something from the mistakes of MoS.

Back